*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Sleep Spell

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Sleep Spell

Postby Syndica » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:39 am

is there a sleep spell? i can't seem to fall asleep at night and i wanted to find a sleep spell. thanx

blessed be :D
Syndica

Postby Twisted_Pixie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:27 am

Hi hun,

This might be one of those things where you should find the cause of ur problem... it might be diet related, you may have too much caffeine after about 4.00... it could be alot of things... and although magic rocks, its best for ur long term well being if you try to find why ur not sleeping well... go see a naturopath or something =)

Otherwise, try taking chamomile, or valerian tea before bed, i find Mugwort puts me in a deep sleep... but i strongly suggest you see a naturopath =)

Blessed be
Pix
Twisted_Pixie

Postby Witch13 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:50 am

Dear Syndica, please post questions to the questions and answers place, because this is the witchcraft school :)
i am sorry if it sound bad :)
Witch13
Banned Member

something i found

Postby Witch13 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Poppy, yar and
brisbane steep
To make a potion
for potent sleep.

i hope it helps
Witch13
Banned Member

Postby Syndica » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:33 pm

sorry about the wrong posting area witchy :D

I was at the witch shoppe it's called where faeries live, omg this store rocks thanks for the spell, I also baught camile oil and put a drop on my pillow to help me sleep. :D

finely my alter is finished. the store owner can sure talk up a storm she so nice too she gave me a free rose oil. it smells so pretty. I think she liked me because i spent 400 bucks in her shop and another 200 today lol. :lol:
My dad came in with me and he's shaking head and smiling hehe i don't know what he thinks but i was giggling at him. I shut him up with tim hortons coffee it works every time. :P

blessed be XOXOXOX
Syndica

Postby Witch13 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:34 am

600 BUCKS? :o
WOW, hey post a photo of your altar i wanna see it :)
mine cost something like 60 euro which is something like 50bucks i think i am not sure..its a small altar with 3 drawers/baskets.
Happy Samhain
ps you can put a piece of amethyst under your pillow for a great sleep, but not at all times because it can give u a bit of headaches.
Witch13
Banned Member

Postby Syndica » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:08 pm

their prices are high i ask for my moms camera so i can take a shot of it, it's totally a mess, i was reading a book where stuff should go on a alter I don't have goblet/challace yet. getting some of the oils where pretty costly. ummm let me get them ok here we go the aphrodite was 8.50 all the oils uses jojoba, the rose oil was like 19 bucks. and the chamomile was 11.50. I got a good deal on a oil incent burner for 3 bucks at giant tiger super store. they always have sweet deals. I really want an alter furniture alots more room. and i don't have to sit on the floor lol.

oooo i forgot it's hallows eve tonight, i am dressing as a witch hehhe. it's gonna be fun giving kiddies candy. to bad i can't go trick or treating i am to old now well i'm 18 and small i could get away with it. lol but nah i have my big box of candy i baught today.

I have been a good witchy and studying and doing alot of reading, i baught lots of books which added to the price.

ps how do u add a picture?

xoxoxo

Blessed be and happy samhain!! :D
Syndica

Postby Codex » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:42 pm

I found this cool article on another site. I'll post it here, because I think it's fitting.

"So... I'm going to have a little bit of a rant here.

A lot of the people who are here are new to magic and witchcraft, people who started out with books, or who have looked around online for their start. Unfortunately magic is like anything else these days, and has become an industry. You get people selling spells and lots and lots of people selling tools. If you're reading a book, they tell you that you need a whole cabinetfull of supplies...

Cords, raffia, dried corn cobs, a billion different colored candles and as many kinds of herbs, bottles, oils, formal robes (or not if you're skyclad!), wands of all different kinds, and booksbooksbooksbooksbooks!

You get the idea. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

And of course if you go online, it's even worse. There's five hundred dollar bells and hundred dollar books of shadows and two hundred dollar cloaks handmade by witches in the US and wands made of copper and quartz that will enhance your psychic prowess that cost half your soul.

The biggest problem I run into with Newbies, aside from Charmed and Harry Potter obsessions, is the "But I can't afford the -STUFF-!" line.

Well, you know what?

You don't need the shit.

Yes, that's right. I'm calling it shit. Not just stuff.

Take the whole lot of shit you bought and toss it out the window. You don't need it.

The stuff can be nice to have, but what it is in the end is just window trappings. It sets the mood and gives you something to focus on, but it's not necessary in the least. A lot of young people come to me and complain that mom and dad threw out their altar stuff, or whatever, and they're upset. Yes, it's okay to be upset over that. But it's also important to remember that what they threw away isn't your spiritual life or your ability to cast spells, even if it does hurt.

All you need to cast a spell... Is you.

Your body, your mind, your will.

As a matter of fact, when you first start out, you really can't be expecting to need any tools anyways. You should be practicing your grounding, shielding, and centering. You should be practicing making your circle and psiballs so that you know how to manipulate energy. You should be meditating and working on your visualizations. Not a single one of these things requires a five hundred dollar altar setup.

And when the time comes that you can or should set up your own altar, you'll by then have enough experience to know that you -still- don't need the five hundred dollar altar setup.

The cute cloth napkins from goodwill make great altar cloths, and a night-stand from a yard sale makes a great altar. The best wand you'll ever own is the one you find on the beach. What goes on your altar for decoration is a pair of dollar store candles and a feather you found on a walk, a pretty rock you found, a statuette that means something special to you.

If you've done things right, everything on your altar is signifigant, but it's not overcrowded, and your entire ritual setup probably cost less than fifty dollars. If you've done things right, you know that if push comes to shove you don't need a single thing there.

You know it because it's you that makes the magic, not the fifty dollar wand."
Codex

Postby [Guardian Wolf] » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:05 pm

THANK YOU!!! I've been wanting to scream this rant at people since I've been here. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is the first thing I was taught about Voodoo. Don't trust the commercial market.

If you haven't realized it, I can build everything I use, or I inherited it or I bought it for ten bucks at a flea market or something like that. You don't need all the fancy stuff.

It's the one problem I have with the noobies.
[Guardian Wolf]

Postby Twisted_Pixie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 am

Hun, if u want to buy fancy stuff, go for it... sure, you can get all ur tools cheap, or make them yourself, and i personally think they hold more energy if you do make them yourself, but if it makes you happy to go and get fun stuff, do it!!! Happiness is a very strong energy =)

Go for it sweets!

PS: I love the stuff u got, ur pics are awesome =)
Twisted_Pixie

Postby Witch13 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:17 am

I agree with Pixie, its far more fun to make things yourself, and they hold that something special in them too.
Ofcourse you cant dig for amethyst in your back yard, but you can make your own candles :) i have made one or two, its fun .
And whats wrong with the Charmed? its my favorite series ever!!!! (charmed geek)
Witch13
Banned Member

Postby Twisted_Pixie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:11 am

agreed, Charmed is pretty fun. hehe. Sexy witches, what more could you want?? lol

Candles, YES sooo much fun to make, i used to just make pillar candles, but the other day i went out and bought equipment to make tapered candles (thats right i spent $50 on stuff) hehehe. Now all i need is the wicking and wax lmao.

Splurging is fun!!
Twisted_Pixie

Postby Syndica » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:56 am

I agree with pix and witch13. We do these with these things on our alters that's what makes us help and it has nothing to do with comierchal bullshit. each of us have our own ways do things what we feel there's no wrong or right way. so you can't stand there and give us crap about the things have because it's stupid you should fing know better. i'd slap u but i'm to good for that, because every has a right to speak. :P

blessed be
Syndica

Postby Codex » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 pm

As I pointed out in my post, I did not actually write that. I do, however, agree with most of the point in it. The person who wrote it is a long time teacher of magic (an actual teacher who sits down with students to teach them, as opposed to someone who wrote a book and says they're a teacher), as am I, and we both, from my understanding of her writings, have the same beef with Charmed.

Yeah, it's cute. Yeah, they're hot. Yeah, watching them can be fun.

But witches? Uh, no. They aren't. Sorceresses, sure, but they aren't -witches- in any sense of the term, and like with Harry Potter, they infuse young students with the idea that "this is how magic works" and it's what their life would be if they had it. Sad but true.

Most people are indeed mature enough to understand that Charmed is a television show, and magicians who -already- have a basic understanding of their craft wouldn't have that issue... But how many times have I run into a "Oh, You're a MAGICIAN?! Like, a REAL ONE?! Could you teach me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase I wanna be like Phoebe!"?

More often than I like to think about, unfortunately. They haven't -had- the exposure outside of Charmed or Harry Potter (or occasionally D&D, but that's another bucket of fish), and they're usually not mature enough to understand that it isn't what it is or how it works.

It's fun fantasy, and that's all it is, but it doesn't change that it also misrepresents magic on the whole, and especially Wicca.

Syndica, you have no right whatsoever to say I deserve violence for what I posted. That you'd -think- of hurting me for my opinion says very clearly that you are -not- as morally superior as you'd clearly like to think you are.

Unlike you, I am -not- new to the ballpark of magic. I happen to agree with this person, and while I am also of the opinion that some things (candles, an athame, etc) -are- simpler to buy, the vast majority of things aren't shit you need to waste money on.

But then again, if you were older and actually had to work for your money, you'd understand what a ripoff the 50 dollar wand is.

As for commercial bullshit- that's exactly what it is. You don't need the shit to make magic, it's just window trappings to set the mood and make you feel better, and for the really basic stuff you -don't- need a bunch of crap. When's the last time anyone required a full ritual setup to visualize reaching their goals?

If you really want to spend a buttload of money at your local witchy shop then that's up to you, but you had better remember, while you're at it, that it's just empty stuff and isn't anything without you behind it.
Codex

Postby Witch13 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Codex i think you are a little harsh dont you think?
Witch13
Banned Member

Next

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick