*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Shadee's Book of Shadows

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.

Shadee's Book of Shadows

Postby Shadee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 am

I think I'm a bit too shy to share the content of my Book of Shadows. It's too intimate for me, like a diary... However, I wanted to ask your opinion on its look.

(Cat for scale)
(Yes, I sleep in pink bed sheets. No laughing!)

As you can see, it's... well, black. I saw how much people like to customize it, and I even saw some incredible designs on this board! However, I'm afraid to try anything, like I'm scared of ruining it... I might be a graphic designer, but I'm not all that good with my hands.

So... here it is ^^" I don't really know why I'm posting this, but, since a lot of people do it...
Shadee

Re: Shadee's Book of Shadows

Postby Pallando » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:55 pm

One of my operational BoSs is exactly like this. The intended functionality is that I can take it ANYWHERE I like, and not rouse unwanted attention.
Pallando

Postby planewalker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Simple, classic! Can't go wrong. As for the sheets, It's your bed! You can put any sheets you want on it. My I suggest, no matter the color, go with satin sheets and silk pj's.
Be a Bandage on a Suffering and B!eeding World.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Postby Shadee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 am

You're right... simple and discreet. That might prevent my family from nosing around better than any protection spell...
I'll keep it this way. Maybe if I ever get to live by myself again I'll try and do something with the front cover. But until then, it will be nothing but functional. Thanks!

I'm still trying to find a book blessing though. There are many out there, but I can't decide what is best for me. They call to the elements and gods, but I have limited knowledge of them, and never called them before. How much thought did you put in yours, just to be safe...?

EDIT

I think I messed up... I tried to do something, but I got some really unexpected results.

I found a small ritual for blessing one's Book of Shadow. It was simple, really. First, meditation. Then, put the book on a table with a nice cloth, light a candle to symbolize the presence of the gods, and spread some coarse salt on both covers while chanting the words.
I found a short plea to the elements that I thought was nice.

Elements, protect this book
From wandering eyes and prying look.
Fill it with thine ancient power
In this right and ready hour.

So I did... I was kinda happy when I was done. I even thought about blessing the ink and feather. But then, when I opened the book to write the protection words on the first page... nothing happened.

It's not like I use a normal pen, I use a quill and steel feather. I even bought some chinese ink just for my Book of Shadows. I tried it yesterday to see if my writing was good, it worked perfectly! And somehow, it wouldn't write anything today! I dipped the feather in the ink like five times, it was soaked with it... yet it did nothing but scratch the paper! Really, I felt like crying all of a sudden...

Could that be a sign that I'm doing something wrong? Maybe it was not a "right and ready hour"... or maybe the gods are not happy with me...? I'm going to meditate, hopefully I'll see my mistake...
Shadee

Return to Member's Books of Shadows