*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Senses awakening

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Senses awakening

Postby Lafawnduh18 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:52 am

Good Morning!!

I am new to wanting to practice I never have done anything but I have always had these weird premonitions at different times of my life. I have always felt some sort of pull towards witch stuff. I want to start practicing but don’t know where to begin any help would be appreciated I feel very lost and confused right now but the internal pull is really intense since I moved out to the country and I’m surrounded by nature and peace. Also if anyone can give me a reading or just tell me if they sense something from me it would be awesome I love hearing what other people feel around. Thank you all ahead of time!!
Lafawnduh18

Re: Need help

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi and welcome. I sympathize with how overwhelming it all seems & I wrote a topic In the WC & Wicca 101 section called "Getting Started" that's aimed at just this yelp-for-help. We've all been there :D I invite you to look it over.

The main Witchy learning tool I can think of is a plain spiral bound notebook that you aren't afraid to blot in & a pen; to be used for organizing your thoughts & questions. It really helps get your head organized. There's so much to Witch Craft and/or Wicca & Paganism in general that we have to break it down to small topics of interest. So if you can define your interest it helps a lot.

What do you want to practice? And what are your skills? Most people think of "practicing" as just casting spells, but we can't cast spells without first developing an ability to focus & energy manipulation (it's not hard, just necessary). Some Crafters use psychic abilities in their practice & some don't so figure out how to develop what you already have. Hint: it usually involves centering meditation. Are you comfortable meditating & visualizing? Witchcraft "practice" includes some time for meditation so arrange your daily schedule to make it so. Those are things you can do on your own with a bit of reading. Never fear if you don't think you have the knack; there's always a way.

Define your interests then read about your specific interests online or books. Check the media section for book reviews.

Last thing - read the forum rules at least once to avoid embarrassing pitfalls, just FYI. :)
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Senses awakening

Postby firebirdflys » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Greetings, and welcome to the forum :fairy:
You are very fortunate to have been able to move out to the country. Personally I think one of the reasons everyone seems in such a rush and always agitated is that the bulk of people live in big cities surrounded by electronics, cement/blacktop, pollution, noise etc...etc...rushing back and forth to work, have become very disconnected from the land. Most city witches find parcels of land to connect with, but open space is really healing.
As to readings, we do have some guidelines so swing through the forum and review the rules and headlines.
Oh, and your topic was moved to introductions...merry meet!
We'll see you soon, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby Lafawnduh18 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm

Awww thank you you’ll let me read the rules I totally missed those lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lafawnduh18

Postby Blu-Luna » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:51 am

Warm greetings and warm welcome! It can feel overwhelming that is for sure, but you have definitely found the right place to learn and grow! It is the most friendly and helpful forum I have ever found. I love it here and I am hopeful you will too!
Blu-Luna

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions