*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Seira

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Seira

Postby seira » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:23 am

I have always held an interest to wicca since a few years already but I've only just started learning more about it. I'm 18 and I'm from Mauritius. I think that nobody in my little country is actually interested in these since I've seen no shops related to witchcraft(?). :? :roll:
I'm glad to learn as much as I possibly can xD
I look forward to know you all and making friends along the way. :)
seira

Re: Seira

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:58 am

Greetings & welcome, Seira. You'll find lots to interest you here :D so enjoy.

What would a witchcraft-related shop look like in your location? Chances are there may be folk magic related items in plain sight at shops ?? Tourism must mix different cultures. Western-style drug stores could carry homeopathic remedies & include essential oils. Herbs are found at any local food market. If there's any mining done (or earth-boring construction) there will be crystals. They might not be featured in a trendy new-age shop front so look deeper at the merchandise. Bookstores have to appeal to all reading interests & may have metaphysical related sections but down loading free books eliminates shipping costs (which must be huge).

Mauritius ... ? That area was in the news as the center of 11/11/18 earth quake that had pulsed at amazingly regular 17-second intervals nearly around the planet; seismographs recorded it but no one felt it.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby T'a Nuk » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:53 pm

Mauritius! Wow! I have a friend of many years who runs a very private dive charter out of Port Luis. She is a retired marine biologist who spent most of her academic career exploring the waters of your lovely islands. It has long been my wish to visit your breathtaking country. So much culture in such a small area. Welcome!
T'a Nuk

Postby Triskele » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:39 am

Hope you found some supplies for yourself! Welcome!
~Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cackle maniacally and people back away from you slowly.~
Triskele

Postby Isidor » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 am

Hi Siera,

You are from Mauritius?!?! That is where the Dodo was from!!! They were such fascinating and wonderful creatures, you know, until they were obliterated :cry: Does your country pay tribute to them?

Anyway, sorry to derail your introduction. I am happy to meet you. I fully understand not being able to find like-minded individuals nearby. I have moved a few times and that can be tough. There is the possibility of finding others in the area by using Meetup.com, or perhaps witchvox. While Meetup may still not pan out in your area, you could start your own Meetup and perhaps bring people together :)

Anyway, have a beautiful day and best of luck with your exploration

-Isidor
Isidor

Postby Lady_Lilith » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:29 am

Hello and welcome! :D
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions