*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Proud of my country!

Got a joke; A weird story? Like to travel? Like Games or quizzes? Well this is a place for that.

Proud of my country!

Postby Bychan Wulf » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm from Romania. Because of our bad reputation, we usually avoid saying where we come from, but we should be proud of who we are and where we come from; we have many reasons why!

One of the biggest problem of my country, and many other eastern European countries is corruption .
We tried to fight it many times and partially succeeded. This time the news got even to the USA. I'llid explain it a bit: the "marvellous" party that has the political power, created a law at 1.a.m. in the morning, without asking anybody else than a small group of corrupted people that are going to use this law for stealing. The law sais that it is legal to steal up to 200000 romanian Lei, which is a lot for us. Anybody that has stolen or done some kind of abuse in his service, won't be sent to prison and it won't even be considered breaking the law. This means that all the imprisoned politicians that stile from the country, will be allowed to get out of the prison and even rule the country again.

This made the entire country angry and we decided to get out on the streets and protest peacefully. 330K people got out, at -5 degrees Celsius in all big cities and at the end of each one of the 5 days of protesters, thanked the policemen with flowers, because they protected the mass.
Despite the cold and the fact that people were tired and have to work the next day, they came out:
Students, that are in the examination session, are studying at the light of their phones because they have exams the next day
rsz_16299458_963105243820280_1614283782217703624_n.jpg
This session, only the government falls! ( in Romanian to fail and fall are represented by the same word)

Little children, that surprised me because they know why they are coming to protest:
rsz_16422449_1420414991344777_2804642498926883933_o.jpg
I want to be a doctor, not a thief like you!

And they even came with their pets:
rsz_16473666_10208226764735965_1695031264613151536_n.jpg
This makes me want to howl!

The president protested on the street with us too.He fights that with any possible legal measure that he can find.

What makes me proud of my country is that we are united when it comes to fighting. We are fighting for our country, for freedom and justice. I am proud because we can fight with humour ( each one of the protesters has a sign and a flag in his hand. The signs are super creative; they used images, scrabbled words and quotes of the poeple who created the law. The most famous one, is : "another question" because the one that came out to tell the people about this law, refuse to answer the questions of the journalists, saying obsesively" another question"
Since the last protest, they probably forgot how powerful and determined the people are, and also that the creativity and humour of a romanian is infinite, just like the corruption of the politicians. But we'll fight that!
There is a big protest planned for tomorrow; almost everybody is going to Bucharest, our capital, to prove their point peacefully In front of the government.
Bulgaria and Moldova are joining our cause and protesting as a sign of solidarity, in their capitals. Thank you for that! We'll fight it together for justice and we will succeed.

That is what makes me so proud of my people and my country!!! We are not giving up!

PS. I considered posting this, because it's not political in the direction that we don't want a man ( it is part of that too, but I didn't get into details). What it is mostly about, is NO to corruption and illegalities. I hope it doesn't break any rules :-D

Blessed Be! :flyingwitch:

EDIT: Tell al least one thing that you like and/or want to change about your country. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's proud of my heritage. Everytime you see or hear something that makes you love your country, let us know; let us know you and your culture better. :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Bychan Wulf

Re: Proud of my country!

Postby Ashrend » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm glad there are people like you in this world. We need more like you x

devon
Ashrend

Postby moonraingirl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Wow Bychan, this is fantastic! I'm really proud of you, guys! You have tough history, but Romanians were able to show their power to Ceausescu (sorry, not sure about spelling) and now you go again! smiley_dance I really believe you will win this time again.

Corruption is in each country, but I think the difference is that if a huge scandal is reavelaed in the West, they at least formally try to solve it. If something happens in the former eastern bloc, no one even bothers to fake an illusion of investigation, not to mention punishment. That is a tax for 40 years of lack of political culture.

What I think is great about Romania, that you have begun to do something about it. So you are further than we are. We have great anti-corruption laws. They could serve as textbook examples. However, absolutely no one acts acording to them and in 25 years, not a single politician has been punished for anything.

I really wish you all the best in your attempts to change this ugly remains from the past.
Will you personally go to protest, too?
moonraingirl

Postby Bychan Wulf » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:43 pm

I've been there every single night. I'm tired and cold, but I don't regret it. The way people start singing the hymn in a chorus to keep themselves warm, is amazing and empowering! I do not want to miss the opportunity to fight for what I believe in.

I am sure you will start fighting it too, Moon. We are by your side, when you do. We just got warmed up for it ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Bychan Wulf

Postby moonraingirl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:52 pm

I can literally feel your energy :flyingwitch:
Show them what you think, girl, and let us know how things are developing. Sending you best wishes.

I really feel that normal people all around the world are tired and fed up of those so called elites who care only about themselves and laugh at real problems of real people. They need to be showed where their place is.

Looking forward to your updates.
moonraingirl

Postby Bychan Wulf » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:17 pm

moonraingirl wrote:You have tough history, but Romanians were able to show their power to Ceausescu (sorry, not sure about spelling) and now you go again! smiley_dance I really believe you will win this time again

Your spelling is right. The only difference is that back then, there was a lot of violence and he ended up executed. Now, it is more peaceful than a cross. I've even seen some really beautiful things: Youngsters helping elderly people walk several kilometers in the march, complete strangers share snacks, sweets and drinks, older people giving laser points to the kids to keep them busy, and there were even people who live close to the meeting point and brought us and the policemen hot tea, wine and chocolate and also cookies for free.

Update: They agreed to take the law back, but are going to make it go through the parliment to be accepted.
We are not fools. We all know what that means: the parliment is full of their people, so, they will vote for it. What everybody wishrs for, is them to forget about it! No matter what they do, if they steal, they have to go to jail. There is no way they can avoid justice. It's like Karma!
Bychan Wulf

Postby YanaKhan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:29 pm

I believe it was in Romania, you have a law that says no relatives of the people who ruled during the communist regime are allowed to be in the politics now. Wise. And this is where it all went wrong in my country. I wish we were more like you!

Our politicians are more corrupt and way more impudent - the previous government resigned after "only" a year of protests.

Again, admirations, things happen when people unite.
When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!
No battle is over until I win!
"Imagination creates reality". Richard Wagner
YanaKhan

Postby Obsidian » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Bychan Wulf wrote:I'm from Romania. Because of our bad reputation, we usually avoid saying where we come from

Haha, yes! Most people think we've either gypsies or thieves.

It looks like the protests have worked and government has agreed to not go through with these corruption laws. Well done Bychan Wulf and all other protesters. Can you give us an update?
Obsidian

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Your action gives hope to every people who fight against abuse of power. Way to go!
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SnowCat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 pm

The border of Aurora/Denver had protesters out on all four corners a couple of weeks ago. It was 16°F, which is -9 C. It was all ages and all ethnicities. Welcoming refugees.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby smogie_michele » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm longingly waiting for the day where I can confidently say "I'm proud of my country."
Love the update!
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions! I am here to help.
smogie_michele
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby moonraingirl » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:48 am

Wulf, your enthusiasm is contagious. I woke up early today (Murphys law to wake up early on Sunday) and I reread your post.

I got so excited that I wrote a private message to our prime minister Fico. It will probably have zero impact but it doesn't matter. I did what I can.

And I signed with my real name and address. Because even when I criticised him sharply, I didn't do anything illegal.
moonraingirl

Postby Bychan Wulf » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:36 am

YanaKhan wrote:Our politicians are more corrupt and way more impudent - the previous government resigned after "only" a year of protests.

Again, admirations, things happen when people unite.

I also admire how your people dealt with the last government. They got inside and set it on fire. I loved watching the footages where the politicians were running away scared :)) that was priceless!!

Obsidian wrote:Haha, yes! Most people think we've either gypsies or thieves.

That's true. Are you from here too? I just had a mind-blowing moment lol.

The Update: they agreed not to go forward with it, but we don't trust them any more. People will come out and protest, untill they forget about it completely and hopefully also quit and we'll have a new government.

Moon, that's awesome! I'm glad you got inspired. Hopefully changes will take place in Slovakia too. You go, girl! smiley_dance
Bychan Wulf

Postby moonraingirl » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:56 am

Good they won't go forward with it. Hopefully you'll have early elections this year.
Are there any good alternative parties in Romania that could be elected?
moonraingirl

Postby Bychan Wulf » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:22 am

I hope so, lol
There is one that appeared after the "Colectiv" case (a club in Bucharest which caught fire, and because of the system 64 young people died.
This part is made out of young people, who have never been into politics but they have studies for that. They didn't get the opportunity to steal yet, so they should get a chance to prove if they are like the others or can really make a difference.
They also protested with us :-D in the parliment ( I think). These people didn't sleep; came with flags and made a point by confronting the others.
Bychan Wulf

Next

Return to Fun things