*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Proper Presentation

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Proper Presentation

Postby SnowCat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:36 pm

In real estate, it's all about location, location, location. In spell work, it's about intent, but it's also about presentation, presentation, presentation. Proper spelling, grammar and syntax are a large part if making sure your spell operates correctly. In the case of written spells, this is especially important. A spelling, grammatical, or syntax error can change the way your spell works.

This leads to another point. That of using proper spelling, grammar, and syntax in posts. The Team edits posts as needed, to make them readable and understandable. We all make typos that we don't catch. Or in my case, my phone auto corrects to what it wants, and I don't catch it. We understand honest mistakes. We understand that English is a secondary language for some of our members. We even understand that some people use colloquialisms. All we ask, is that everyone make an honest attempt to make your input understandable. We value each one of our members, but we're not a literary maid service. Please compose your posts as if you were composing a spell. Your fellow members will appreciate it.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Re: Proper Presentation

Postby YanaKhan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:49 pm

I would also add Kassandra's suggestion here - use browsers like Mozilla or Chrome, that have an automatic spell - check. This way it's easier to know if you are making a mistake (like I often do) and correct it before posting.
When everybody is thinking the same, nobody is thinking enough!
No battle is over until I win!
"Imagination creates reality". Richard Wagner
YanaKhan

Postby Becks » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:01 pm

I do understand what you are communicating Snow. We present ourselves to the world here at EUTM through the use of our written prose. I have always felt that a poorly constructed post runs the risk of not being read-or taken seriously. To me, that in itself, is a natural consequence. The work the moderators put in correcting posts for fluency goes far above and beyond the care and time most mods put into any site I have ever been a part of. This is also one of the busiest sites, in terms of new traffic, that I have ever been a part of.

I would not like to think that somebody who struggles to communicate in the written form, or somebody who is an English Language Learner-would be discouraged from participation in a caring community. Though I'm sure that's not what was meant by your post. If I understand correctly; you simply wish people to take a bit more time and do their best to be clear when posting?
Becks

Postby SnowCat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:40 am

We have occasional people who deliberately disregard the need for proper spelling, punctuation, and sentence/paragraph structure. Honest mistakes are not a problem. Purposeful disregard of forum rules and guidelines is.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby Becks » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:18 am

Oh wow-that's bizarre. That is weird. Well then-no wonder the need for the post. You mods have probably about seen it all..... ;)
Becks

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick