*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

prayers for my grandma

Post your prayer/energy requests here or design a virtual altar that you can come back to and use as a focus for your prayers, affirmations, and meditations.

prayers for my grandma

Postby GroundedDancer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and is in good health.

Unfortunately my Grandma is not in good health. It started when she noticed that her legs had swollen to five times their original size but felt otherwise normal. She went to the doctor and they, up until now (almost 2 or 3 months later) don't seem to understand whats causing it. They had some guesses that included loss of protein in the kidneys, and a type of bone cancer. They've decided on the second option and have put her on chemotherapy. She gets official results and a final decision on her diagnosis next week, but until then she has been having a really terrible time with the chemo.

My grandma is 90+ years old. She survived breast cancer at 80 years old and now she has to worry about this. She's always been a relatively healthy woman who even in her old age stretches and walks on the treadmill daily. She can get her leg above her head (or could, before the swelling happened). It's been difficult to watch her take such staggering steps backward health-wise. Where she could exercise daily and walk around energetically, she now gets winded just walking around the house and starts panting. She's exhausted always. She hardly eats and she can't do her stretches. She always looks tired and sad and she hides it the best she can because she's always been a strong woman who hates to show weakness. She says she is handling it fine, but I know its a front.

I hope that you guys can have my grandma in your prayers, because the woman could really use some help and encouragement. For the first time, I heard her say "I'm scared", and that scared me. Also, please say a prayer for my mom who has been single-handedly taking care of her since this stuff started. My mom has had no break to take care of herself during this time, and I can barely convince her to take an hour away.
GroundedDancer

Re: prayers for my grandma

Postby firebirdflys » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Will send some Reiki.
Your story touched me very much, I'm tearing up. Sounds like your mom is going to need some help, can you go help? Maybe give mom a break and you can have grandma time? There must be stories to tell, memories to re-live, card games yet to play.
You all will be in my prayers.
Blessings, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby stormofwind » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 pm

I will say pray as well.
stormofwind

Postby GroundedDancer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:03 pm

firebirdflys wrote:Will send some Reiki.
Your story touched me very much, I'm tearing up. Sounds like your mom is going to need some help, can you go help? Maybe give mom a break and you can have grandma time? There must be stories to tell, memories to re-live, card games yet to play.
You all will be in my prayers.
Blessings, Firebird

Thank you very much! I think your Reiki helped some, because I saw my grandma two days after you posted and she was in good spirits - better than I've seen her in a few months. She was smiling and saying that her pills hadn't made her feel too bad that weekend.

Anyway, yea, I've decided to take over at least a day a week so that my mom can get some time off to care for herself. My grandma likes watching movies, so I've been kinda compiling lists of movies she'll enjoy watching.
GroundedDancer

Postby GroundedDancer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:03 pm

stormofwind wrote:I will say pray as well.

Thank you!
GroundedDancer

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 am

I bet she'd enjoy a clssic or two also! Have her make a list and you can locate them. My mom has tuned me on to some great oldies, stuff I never would have watched, that turned out to be great flicks. My mom is the same age as your grandma and she sees most of these on her cable tv,
Bb, firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Return to Prayer Requests