Hello!

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
greeneyes

Hello!

Post by greeneyes »

Hi everyone:) My name is Chelsea and I'm new this forum and to Wicca. I'm hoping this will help me on my path. I've always been interested in it, ever since I was young. When I was 8, my dad took me to the book store and let me get a book on Wicca. My mother (raised a church going Presbyterians) freaked out at first...I got lucky in a sense I guess, my dad is Atheist but raised me to learn on my own and decide what I believed in. My husband, raised Catholic, is an Atheist, but to me he's more of an Animist. He is actually really interested in Buddhism and Taoism. He knows my affinity for anything Pagan, but now the Wiccan part. I'm not sure how he would feel.

I'm really interested in divination, herbs, astrology, and kitchen witchery. I'm just a treehugger. :) we don't have any kids yet, but we have two dogs. The youngest, a pitbull, is my baby. I love that dog almost as much as I love my husband lol. we live in Hawaii, for now, and the Pagan community is very small. I wish that there was someone here who could "take me under their wing".

Anyways, I am really hoping to learn everything I can and find the path meant for me. :)

loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Hello!

Post by loona wynd »

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I have a question: If he doesn't have any issues with your affinity for pagan things, practices and views why would he have a problem with Wicca which is a pagan religion?

greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

loona wynd wrote:Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I have a question: If he doesn't have any issues with your affinity for pagan things, practices and views why would he have a problem with Wicca which is a pagan religion?
He wouldn't have an issue...but I'm not sure he would understand the magick part. Don't get me wrong, he is a very open minded person, more so than most people I know, but I just don't know if he would actually believe it...if that makes sense? I'm sorry...it's difficult to explain.

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

greeneyes wrote:

He wouldn't have an issue...but I'm not sure he would understand the magick part. Don't get me wrong, he is a very open minded person, more so than most people I know, but I just don't know if he would actually believe it...if that makes sense? I'm sorry...it's difficult to explain.
Does he have to believe it to support you and support you finding your path?

You can also explain how invocations in church services are acts of magic where they call God into the church for the service. Magic is in many rituals and if you explain it as part of worship it may work better. Just a suggestion.

greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

I guess I should've said that he knows how interested I am in learning and reading about Paganism...but he doesn't know that I want to practice.

greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

loona wynd wrote:
greeneyes wrote:

Does he have to believe it to support you and support you finding your path?

You can also explain how invocations in church services are acts of magic where they call God into the church for the service. Magic is in many rituals and if you explain it as part of worship it may work better. Just a suggestion.
No he doesn't have to believe it, I was just giving background info. Like I said, he's Atheist. Bringing up Church wouldn't work at all. He's the type of person that accepts others for what they believe in, but doesn't like people shoving religion down his throat.

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

greeneyes wrote: No he doesn't have to believe it, I was just giving background info. Like I said, he's Atheist. Bringing up Church wouldn't work at all. He's the type of person that accepts others for what they believe in, but doesn't like people shoving religion down his throat.
What I was saying is that if he has no problem with people believing what they believe in so long as its not forced on him I don't see a big deal here. You can explain it as exploring and finding your beliefs, and if he really accepts people for what they believe so long as its not forced on him, he should accept that perfectly fine.

greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

loona wynd wrote:
greeneyes wrote: No he doesn't have to believe it, I was just giving background info. Like I said, he's Atheist. Bringing up Church wouldn't work at all. He's the type of person that accepts others for what they believe in, but doesn't like people shoving religion down his throat.
What I was saying is that if he has no problem with people believing what they believe in so long as its not forced on him I don't see a big deal here. You can explain it as exploring and finding your beliefs, and if he really accepts people for what they believe so long as its not forced on him, he should accept that perfectly fine.

I understand, but what I was saying was that there isn't an issue, he just doesn't know yet. I'm not trying to hide anything from him, he will find out on his own. I don't need his approval. Honestly, he'll probably just shrug and say oh ok cool, and go about his day.

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

greeneyes wrote:
loona wynd wrote:

I understand, but what I was saying was that there isn't an issue, he just doesn't know yet. I'm not trying to hide anything from him, he will find out on his own. I don't need his approval. Honestly, he'll probably just shrug and say oh ok cool, and go about his day.
I misunderstood the aspect of the post then. You said you weren't sure how he'd feel which is why I was curious. So I misunderstood. My apologies. Any way let's get this thread back on track.

*extends handshake of welcome* Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of different styles and types of witches here. There are also many different types of pagans here. There are Wiccans and there are non Wiccan witches. I hope you will enjoy having discussions with us all.

Hi. I'm Loona. I ask a lot of questions but its to try and understand you and the way you see things better. I am very strong in my opinions but I will listen to other peoples views even if I don't agree I can respect them. So ay way that is why I ask questions and may seem strict in my views. I hope to see you enjoy your stay in this forum and make many friends.

greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

loona wynd wrote:
greeneyes wrote:
loona wynd wrote:

I misunderstood the aspect of the post then. You said you weren't sure how he'd feel which is why I was curious. So I misunderstood. My apologies. Any way let's get this thread back on track.

*extends handshake of welcome* Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of different styles and types of witches here. There are also many different types of pagans here. There are Wiccans and there are non Wiccan witches. I hope you will enjoy having discussions with us all.

Hi. I'm Loona. I ask a lot of questions but its to try and understand you and the way you see things better. I am very strong in my opinions but I will listen to other peoples views even if I don't agree I can respect them. So ay way that is why I ask questions and may seem strict in my views. I hope to see you enjoy your stay in this forum and make many friends.
No apologies necessasary, it's ok!

Hi Loona. I don't mind questions at all, I like them. I respect the fact that you have strong opinions and stick to them, means you have a backbone. That's always a good thing I believe. Thank you, I hope so too!

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

welcome :)

Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Hi there. Welcome to the community. smileydance
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт

greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

Vesca wrote:welcome :)

MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

Welcome to the Forum! :flyingwitch:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”