Excited to be here

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Seeker

Excited to be here

Post by Seeker »

Hey all, pagan-newb here.

From the beginning... For my birthday this year (January) my bestie got me a Wiccan Cookbook. Mostly traditional recipes with the names changed, a few things I've never heard of before. But the book is divided into sections for all the festivals. The section begins with a little about the festival (Imbolc, Ostara, etc.) crafts, foods, flowers and such that are common in that time of year.

After reading through the very brief explanations and scanning the recipes I told my partner that I might be Wiccan. And so it started. I was raised in a Christian church since I was 5, but never truly felt like I belonged. Which made me feel like I might be a bad person, because I just didn't get half the stuff they were talking about. I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. I made some amazing friends (my bestie now) and was given awesome opportunities to visit different places (Alaska for instance) and do some humanitarian work (fixing up people's houses). But I always felt like the black sheep.

I believe in God. I believe that God created man in his own image. But if that's true, then why couldn't Goddess create woman in hers? Why must there only be one? I believe in magic, I'm not sure to what extent. I believe in the power of thinking, and willing things into existence. I do not believe in coincidence. I love nature and animals and the idea of an animal spirit guide. I LOVE to cook and celebrate things that make sense, ie. Spring Equinox. I want my son (and daughter who's on the way) to grow up collecting Easter eggs in the yard because Eggs are a sign of spring and not because all their friends are doing it.

I'm sure I have more to say, I'm not sure what kind of Wiccan I am, but I'm pretty sure I am. I'll have questions around, and feel free to ask your own. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, so I hope to be able to come up with something soon. I don't want to be one of those people who walks around picking and choosing different things from different faiths, but I also feel like that's where I'm at right now. So I have lots to learn, and I really enjoyed reading posts so far.

Blessed Be

Vesca

Re: Excited to be here

Post by Vesca »

Welcome. :) There's nothing wrong with calling yourself eclectic or simply just 'spiritual' until you feel you've found your path- so don't fret too much about titles. :)

nicoledianthus

Post by nicoledianthus »

Welcome! I was also born into Christianity and did not feel like I belongs, there was no connection to it. This journey is so much fun and every day I learn something new. Good luck!

Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Welcome and good luck in your journey :)

P.S there's nothing wrong with black sheep either ;)

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Hi there and welcome the forum. This forum is an excellent place for you to find answers to your questions, You can feel free to ask others questions about their beliefs and experiences in order to learn and they will answer to the best of their abilities. This is a place accepting of all paths. Be true to your self and your spirit. Be open to all that there is to see and learn. May the Gods and Spirits bless you on your path.

lunamarie

Post by lunamarie »

Hi! Welcome! I was raised Christian and i never truly fit in either, so I definitely know how you feel. I'm quite new to this path, but I can assure you the people here are wonderful and open :)
To discover oneself is the key to truly living

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Thanks to all for the encouraging words, and for reading my long intro, lol. I'm not even sure what questions I have yet, I'm still reading and trying to figure out everything. I'm reading about different types of Wicca (fairy, celtic, gardeneria(sp?)), so I'm trying to get all those strait right now.

Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Welcome to the community. :)
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Seeker wrote:Thanks to all for the encouraging words, and for reading my long intro, lol. I'm not even sure what questions I have yet, I'm still reading and trying to figure out everything. I'm reading about different types of Wicca (fairy, celtic, gardeneria(sp?)), so I'm trying to get all those strait right now.
There is a lot of information out there. If you are not sure about a style or type of witchcraft or Wicca you can always ask here. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”