Lunar Rose

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Lunar Rose

Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of the forum since the end of January, so this is a little late, but better late than never!

I am a 24 (25 next month!) year old girl living in Gloucestershire in the UK. I live with my boyfriend of 7 years - who surprised me last night by being surprisingly ok when I told him I'd performed a spell for him. He is a firm atheist (if you've ever heard of Richard Dawkins, they have a lot in common!).

I have been practicing since the start of this year. Last summer I decided that I needed a hobby, and as I had always been fascinated by tarot cards, I decided to learn more about them. I seemed to be a natural, I learnt the meanings very easily, I studied the history of the cards and it wasn't long before my family and friends were begging me to do readings for them. Everyone of them was amazed by how accurate my readings were.

This led me to start questioning my spirituality. I had always considered myself agnostic, I knew there was some kind of divine power, I just hadn't given much thought to what it was! After much research, I have discovered that I mostly relate to animism, I have always been fond of animals and nature, and I talk to animals all the time (which my boyfriend forever teases me about). I believe that animals and trees and rocks and elements have their own spirits and personalities. Although I haven't been studying that long, it feels so natural and familiar to me, as though I have been Wiccan my whole life!

As stated previously, I love animals, I have a degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare. My favourite animals are guinea pigs, I have two (this time last year I had 6, but it was a very bad year for us, and sadly, due to different circumstances, we lost 5 (2013 was a very unlucky year for me!). But I still have one of the original gang, and I rescued a young boy called Oliver, and the two get along so well. Hopefully that is the end of the bad luck from last year!

So, that's me! Too much time on my hands to read books and an obsession with guinea pigs!! Nice to meet you all! :)

SnowCat

Re: Lunar Rose

Post by SnowCat »

I'm a cat enthusiast. Not much experience with guinea pigs. It's always tough to lose a furry friend though. We lost Shadow and Osiris last year, but then Sam, Callie and Max joined us. It seems like the ones who pass send new ones who need homes.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet

Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Hi there! :wave:
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт

Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Hello! Sorry, that was a bit of a delayed response! Haha! Nice to meet you both!
SnowCat wrote:It seems like the ones who pass send new ones who need homes.
It's funny that you say that, because when we lost one of our boy pigs, our little girl was left by herself. As she is such a bossy madame, our local rescue let us take her along so that she could choose her new cage mate herself! They had a cage set up ready, especially for her to stay in for the morning to meet her potential new roomy. Me and my partner fell for Oliver straight away and so decided to try them together. They got on straight away, so we got to bring him home with us.

Then sadly we lost another of our boys (we had two separate cages, one with two boys in and one with a mixed pair) so Chip was by himself. Not even two weeks later, we lost our poor girl. As Chip and Oliver had such similar temperaments, they're both very happy, energetic boys, I decided to try them together, and they get along swimmingly!! It so heartwarming watching them run around together!

It feels like, deep down, Piglet knew what was going to happen and so she chose a partner, not for herself, but for Chip. And I appreciate that gesture she made for our little family every day.

Blessed be, little Piglet.

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

welcome :)

annie

Post by annie »

welcome blessed be looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions blessed be

Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Thank you! I look forward to sharing!

MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

Hello & Welcome to the Forums! :flyingwitch:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”