*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Hello All

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Hello All

Postby creatrix » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Creatrix here. I am a witch in Southern California who is wanting to connect with other witches online. I am pretty eclectic and I love the Egyptian, Greek, and Hindu pantheons. I used to practice in an excellent coven nearby but many of the members moved so I am semi-solitary. I love inventing spells, reading tarot, studying herbs, and all things magic. I don't like how there is a divide in the community when it comes to different paths such as Wicca and Traditional Witchcraft. I myself am not Wiccan but I sometimes celebrate Wiccan holidays and have many Wiccan friends. I would love to share my knowledge and gain knowledge from others. I've studied tarot since I was 13 and I am 35 now. I am a Taurus with a Pisces Rising and Leo Moon. Cheers!
creatrix

Re: Hello All

Postby Vesca » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:19 pm

welcome :)
Vesca

Postby Echo_of_shadows » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:35 am

Merry Meet, Creatrix. :flyingwitch:
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт
Echo_of_shadows

Postby North Star » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:00 am

Welcome to EUTM!

:flyingwitch:
"She's mad, but she's magic." -Charles Bukowski

"No snowflake ever fell in the wrong place."
North Star

Postby Alura Noel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Hello, Welcome to EUTM!
Alura Noel

Postby Bran th' Blessed » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Welcome, Creatrix. I hope you meet some good friends and have some wonderful exchanges here. I'm new too and still trying to find my way, but everyone I've conversed with has been very kind and helpful. I love Alura's little signature kitty trying to catch the butterfly; don't you?

Have you found an effective way of doing Tarot readings at a distance, or do you feel like the results just lack clarity without the querant actually shuffling the deck while focusing on their question? I love the Tarot, but I've never been much good with readings, or with any manner of divination really. I like to interpret dreams a bit, but that's about the only divination technique I've ever felt halfway adequate with.

I surely do share your opinion about the divisiveness going about in our pagan community. Wiccans, witches, pagans, heathens, druids, and all the others; I think we are a single people, diverse yes, but accepting of that diversity when last I looked, even cherishing it. People who espouse divisiveness and separation are being a little too fundamentalist for my taste; I think they need to step back, "Keep Silent", and practice some ego shrinking. We must work together, all of us, to bridge these imaginary divisions and heal the animosity that some of us occasionally bring into our community. Oh, we've always had our little rivalries and disputes, and that's fine. But let them not get out of hand, let them not become a wall where a bridge is needed. I'm sure from your post that you agree.

I look forward to our conversations, and all the others that await us both here in this sacred cyberspace. Be you blessed, and all those you love.

Bran th' Blessed
Bran th' Blessed

Postby creatrix » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks to everyone for the welcoming!

Bran -
Thanks for writing to a fellow newbie. How did you come up with your name Bran Th' Blessed?

I do enjoy the kitty trying to catch the butterfly - I am a huge cat lover.

I am also interested in dream interpretation. I love learning about what dreams mean and it is fascinating how REAL the astral realm can be! Lately I've had a few nightmares but I even enjoy those in a way, I'd rather wake up remember something instead of nothing. I've had a lot of crone figures in my nightmares.

I like your metaphor about a bridge vs. a wall and our community!

Let's see, tarot from a distance, well I still feel you can get some accuracy there. I actually don't have people shuffle anymore even when in person. Instead I start out by having them place their palms right-side up and I place my hands about four inches above theirs. I feel their energy this way and then I shuffle for them. I have them state that they are willing to accept/receive a reading too. Some people have a certain chemistry with me and I find that a lot of information comes through. Especially fellow witches and diviners. Others can be difficult to read and I have to rely on the cards. I prefer when I get added info, regardless of the cards, like clairaudient or clairsentient info. I wish I could control it better and get it when I want to but it doesn't always work that way. I have friends who also do readings and we do phone readings for one another which is really fun. Have you learned all the tarot meanings and such? Are you interested in improving your divination skills? If so, don't hesitate to PM me with any questions.

Merry Meet,
Creatrix
creatrix

Postby Lillady » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Greetings Creatrix! It is a pleasure to have you with us. I see your point about the divide, however I think it really depends on who you are around who feel there is a divide. As most know (yourself included) Wicca is the belief, traditional Witchcraft the practice. Many are both, one or the other or just one. I myself consider myself Pagan, I do carry over many Wiccan beliefs but am for the most part "old school" I practice tradional and some new age witchcraft. I like to shake things up a bit lol. As they say, "Variety is the spice of life"
Lillady

Postby annie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:36 pm

welcome merry met looking forward to your posts
annie

Postby creatrix » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Lillady wrote: "Variety is the spice of life"

I couldn't agree more!
creatrix

Postby MysticDreamFaerie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Hello & Welcome to the Forums! :flyingwitch:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
MysticDreamFaerie

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions