*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Physics and astronomy assistance

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Physics and astronomy assistance

Postby moonlass » Thu May 17, 2018 1:57 pm

Just a quick shout out... I am currently working on my PhD in physics and astronomy so if anyone has any questions or needs clarification on physical or astronomical phenomena, I have a bit of experience in that area to say the least. I am always happy to help.
moonlass

Re: Physics and astronomy assistance

Postby GhostRider » Thu May 17, 2018 3:31 pm

On the question of Supermassive Black Holes -

It seems that some SMBH's have a mass greater than could result from massive BH merging or consuming matter, within the time since the Big Bang. Could this be intrusion into our dimension of space-time by other objects from different dimensions? Could it point out that they have become SM by existence during successive incarnations of the universe, as if the universe was cyclic and the SMBH's didn't get fully pulled back into the singularity that spawned this time-space dimension. The universe is expanding and picking up speed. An explosion accelerates to an equilibrium. and in many cases pulls back into the low pressure area left by the explosion. I suggest we are still in the acceleration phase of the explosion of the Big Bang and may not have a clue about conditions billions of years into the future.
GhostRider

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu May 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks Moonlass for this generous offer. During this summer 2018 all the planets will be positioned on the same side of the sun. How often does it happen and is there any geologic impact? What key words would help me look this up?
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Shekinah » Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Hail and welcome Moonlass. So pleased to have one of your caliber and scientific mind recognize the merits of the Pagan, Wicca and Witch Traditions. I took some Astronomy at U of Arizona, Tucson (Solar Dynamics lab at Kitt Peak. My grandson is heading for a career as a Theoretical Physicists. He is now traveling the country as a guest of various Universities looking for the best offers. If ye find an interlude in your schedule rattle my cage and chat a wee bit. I love Astrophysics but wasn't bright enough to pursue it as a career. I share your respect for all living critters and been known to speak with wee creatures and hug a tree or two.

Goddess Blessings
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. Governments keep the multitudes under a tight span of control with distractions, trinkets, religious myth and disinformation.
Shekinah

Postby moonlass » Sat May 19, 2018 11:46 pm

SpiritTalker wrote:Thanks Moonlass for this generous offer. During this summer 2018 all the planets will be positioned on the same side of the sun. How often does it happen and is there any geologic impact? What key words would help me look this up?
The planetary tides on the Earth are not really strong enough for any significant effects. There may be a slight tugging and bulging but not enough to be noticeable. Plus it would have go happen for a long enough time to add up and wreak havoc. Earth's crust should be fine.
moonlass

Postby moonlass » Sat May 19, 2018 11:54 pm

GhostRider wrote:On the question of Supermassive Black Holes -

It seems that some SMBH's have a mass greater than could result from massive BH merging or consuming matter, within the time since the Big Bang. Could this be intrusion into our dimension of space-time by other objects from different dimensions? Could it point out that they have become SM by existence during successive incarnations of the universe, as if the universe was cyclic and the SMBH's didn't get fully pulled back into the singularity that spawned this time-space dimension. The universe is expanding and picking up speed. An explosion accelerates to an equilibrium. and in many cases pulls back into the low pressure area left by the explosion. I suggest we are still in the acceleration phase of the explosion of the Big Bang and may not have a clue about conditions billions of years into the future.

A lot of the black holes are created by supernovae and neutron stars. Neutron stars are super small but massive enough to create large warps in the fabric of spacetime. It's a combination of both the mass and the concentration of matter within a black hole that creates the depth that spacetime is warped. Really the difference between just a black hole and a SMBH is the difference between how they were formed and where they are found. Most SMBH are at the center of galaxies and are created by taking in material from the galaxy having a high density of material at the center. Normal black holes can be found pretty much anywhere and are often formed by dying stars and neutron stars.
moonlass

Postby moonlass » Sat May 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Shekinah wrote:Hail and welcome Moonlass. So pleased to have one of your caliber and scientific mind recognize the merits of the Pagan, Wicca and Witch Traditions. I took some Astronomy at U of Arizona, Tucson (Solar Dynamics lab at Kitt Peak. My grandson is heading for a career as a Theoretical Physicists. He is now traveling the country as a guest of various Universities looking for the best offers. If ye find an interlude in your schedule rattle my cage and chat a wee bit. I love Astrophysics but wasn't bright enough to pursue it as a career. I share your respect for all living critters and been known to speak with wee creatures and hug a tree or two.

Goddess Blessings

I'm so glad to find other lovers of astronomy! If your grandson needs any assistance choosing schools or anything please let me know! I've done all the applications and job hunting and know a lot of theoretical physicists since I too work in theory.

Also if you ever need any pictures of my fur kinswoman Renae I'm always happy to talk about her.

Blessings, gentle one!
Last edited by firebirdflys on Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moonlass please remove the tapatalk advertising
moonlass

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions