*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

My own book....

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.

My own book....

Postby redrumdog4 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:45 pm

So one day as I was sitting down, shuffling through my scrattered pages of notes and recipes for magick and summonings, an idea dawned on me. Isn't this what book of Shadows are there for? To organize the collected information an individual or group has found?

So I decided to craft my own. It took me weeks to find the "perfect" book to use. Now that I have it...I'm a bit nervous to start filling it in, for fear of wasting any of the pages. A silly thing I know.

But I'm excited to have it and to have a tool to help log my findings. So to speak?

Has anyone else inherited a book or made their own before?

-redrum
redrumdog4

Re: My own book....

Postby Blackthorn » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:54 pm

I didn't make it myself, but I had a book custom made for me where I was involved completely in the design process.

I totally get your reservation regarding wasting the pages. That's why I chose a binder format, so I can easily remove and rearrange pages. There is definitely something very attractive about a bound book, but I just don't trust myself enough to not get frustrated if I mess up a page. I think bound Books are the most enticing, though. :)

I would really love to see the book you crafted, if you're comfortable with posting pictures (I totally understand if you'd rather not).
Blackthorn

Postby redrumdog4 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:51 am

Blackthorn, your book is so beautiful! Oh lord!
Currently mine is simple black leather. I'm going to do some etchings into it when I find the time, I have much too many art projects and studying that I'm currently doing.
Haha. I love your binder idea. It's genius.
I've been writing all my stuff on loose leaf paper. Organizing in a way. I think soon I'll just take the plunge and go with it!
redrumdog4

Postby Lainara » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Blackthorn, I'd love to order one for myself!
I too like the binder, but I felt they looked odd so I bought a nice leather book..but now I TOO have a fear of ruining the pages along with my terrible hand writing.
Lainara

Postby redrumdog4 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:23 am

I know it's eons later but I finally got the time to sit time and free sketch some ideas for my cover etchings. I wanted it to be whimsical and a bit chaotic. Haha. First of all heres the book. Its black leather (and about 120am so lighting is poor) ImageImage

I originally wanted something with blank pages but this'll do for the time being. I tend to fill up books quickly.

Image a better shot of the binding.

Image and the sketch goes something like that. xD I feel that I should let that sit over night and draft another tomorrow then weigh which I like more but I'm eager to start! So time will tell! Perhaps sleep will claim me first.

But anways. That's what I have thus far. I plan on doing an image on the backside as well.

-redrum
redrumdog4

Return to Member's Books of Shadows