*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Oriax: An Introduction

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Oriax: An Introduction

Postby Oriax » Fri May 31, 2019 4:48 pm

The Basics

Preferred Name: Ori
Magickal Name: Alya (Eye-la) Phlox (though I haven't allowed myself to take this name yet)
Zodiac: Scorpio
Favorite Animal: Octopuses/octopi/octopodes!
Likes: Sigils, video games, tarot cards, journaling, dragons, cats, tea, colors, and reading!
Dislikes: Mornings, doors (they are really mean to me), people who take themselves too seriously, dill (I really hate the flavor a dill... like a lot).

About Me:
I started with witchcraft about 10 years ago. I've always been a very sensitive person to the energies around me. When I moved away to college, I ended up moving into an apartment that definitely had something in it with horrible intentions. My dog would sit on the edge of my bed and stare up at the corner of my room growling all night. Doors would open and close, I ended up doing things that I have no recollection of doing like having a complete and allegedly terrifying conversation with my roommate in the middle of the night.

Things finally got to be too much after that night and we went to a metaphysical store in the area for some guidance on what to do. In the end nothing worked and whatever was in that apartment was effecting me so much that I had to drop out of school and move home.

After that, I felt a certain attachment to witchcraft even if we couldn't get rid of whatever that thing was. It was the only thing that really made sense to me on a spiritual level. I grew up in a Catholic home but there was nothing about Catholicism that made any sense to me. Anyway, I started doing research, collecting items for my alter, and building a relatively substantial library (at least it was to me at the time). Eventually my home life came to a head and I was forced to move out.

I moved back up with my old roommate and continued my journey with witchcraft (in a different apartment). After awhile my collection had grown. I had a beautiful alter, a library that I was having trouble getting through in a timely manner, and I was feeling like I was heading down the right path spiritually (mentally was a completely different story).

That didn't really last long. My roommate and I went home to celebrate Christmas with our families and an hour after we had gotten home we got a call that our apartment had burned down. I lost almost everything save a single statue of Bast. I was completely devastated and basically gave up.

I came back a few weeks ago now and everything has been a lot different. I finally have the feeling that I am starting down this path (again) in the right headspace and with the proper intentions. The last piece of this puzzle (for me) is finding a safe place with wonderful people to talk to about witchy things! So, that's why I am here.

Thank you to anyone who didn't give up and actually read this!

:flyingwitch: ~Ori
Oriax

Re: Oriax: An Introduction

Postby Silas Nightfall » Fri May 31, 2019 4:59 pm

Merry meet Ori! My in laws house burned down about twenty years ago as well. We were living there at the time. I know what it feels like to loose most of your stuff. I look forward to what you have to say.
Silas Nightfall

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri May 31, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Ori. Sounds like a long journey home. Welcome.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Fri May 31, 2019 7:28 pm

Yes! Welcome :fairy: you always have a cyber home with us.
Blessings, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby Oriax » Fri May 31, 2019 8:26 pm

SpiritTalker wrote:Hi Ori. Sounds like a long journey home. Welcome.
Silas Nightfall wrote:Merry meet Ori! My in laws house burned down about twenty years ago as well. We were living there at the time. I know what it feels like to loose most of your stuff. I look forward to what you have to say.
firebirdflys wrote:Yes! Welcome :fairy: you always have a cyber home with us.
Blessings, Firebird

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome!
Oriax

Postby Lenaleanna » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Yay... Welcome Ori!!! :fairy: Merry meet and Bright Blessings!!! You have found a very safe place!!! smileylove There is a ton of information here- if you have any questions... no worries... just ask!!! :flyingwitch:
When the ground gives way and your world collapses, maybe you just need to have faith. And trust that you can survive this. Maybe you just need to hold on tight. And no matter what, don't let go.
Lenaleanna
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions