*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

New Wiccan Tips

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

New Wiccan Tips

Postby dallasmarie32213 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Hello.. I'm new to Wicca and this site. I haven't been 'initiated' yet. The next full moon where I live is January 5th so I've got awhile to prepare. My name is Dallas, I'm thirteen years old (14 in March) and a pisces. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on setting up an altar, consecrating things, preforming spells and rituals, what to put in my Book, and other things like that.
dallasmarie32213

Re: New Wiccan Tips

Postby SnowCat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I think if you just read through a lot of what's here already, you'll find answers to many of your questions.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby MsMollimizz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 pm

A lot of us has research and read and read...
I would imagine there in Dallas there are a few metaphysical
book stores, yes ? Have money trouble ? I can turn you on to
survey sites I use to keep me in books. Just a thought !
What you can read is books by Scott Cunningham and
(one of my favorites) Deborah Lipp she'll tell you about
the Elementals more in depth that Scott gets. All of them
are great reads and easy to follow.
I hope this gives you a direction to start, also, may of
the libraries around will let you borrow from other libraries.
I hope this will put you on track to find which path to take...
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
MsMollimizz

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri May 17, 2019 3:32 pm

dallasmarie32213 wrote:Hello.. I'm new to Wicca and this site. I haven't been 'initiated' yet. The next full moon where I live is January 5th so I've got awhile to prepare. My name is Dallas, I'm thirteen years old (14 in March) and a pisces. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on setting up an altar, consecrating things, preforming spells and rituals, what to put in my Book, and other things like that.

This post is an oldie but goodie set of FAQ. Doing our own research is a test of endurance. These are Qs we've all probably asked as newBs.

.I haven't been 'initiated' yet -
Initiation is a coven practice. Solitaries do Self-dedication after 1-year's study. Go to a quiet place outdoors. Cast Circle, State Intent, Ask Guidance.

.The next full moon where I live is January 5th so I've got awhile to prepare. -
. If it's a full moon where you live it's also a full moon everywhere else when night rolls in.
. Every 29.5 days the full moon rises in the east as the sun sets in the west & is highest at midnight.
. The Moon's influence is still there even when it's cloudy or day-time.

Build a starter-kit
. Test several kitchen herbs. Rub them between fingers, smell & taste each. Use appealing herbs for blessing and those you pull away from for banishing. Popular herbs are sage, rosemary, thyme, lavender, cinnamon.
. Collect stones from outdoors. Look for markings & that they’re easy to hold. Stroke a stone while chanting & swaying to effect the desired change. Use water smoothed stones for healing, single-banded stones for manifesting wishes, cris-cross map like lines for path finding. (ref.C.Williamson, Museum of WC). White quartz is all purpose.
. Add a heat-safe burning bowl, potion cup, offering dish, candles, olive oil & salt and you’re good to go. :mrgreen:

Tips on setting up an altar -
. Use any flat space with some room to work, or lay a cloth on the floor, or work outdoors.
. Popular layouts form a pentagram, a hexagram, a 4-way solar cross & intuitive as you like.
. Ritual Tools represent the Elements - Censer, Wand & Blade rep. Air/Fire mix, Cup=Water, Pentacle=Earth.
. Many witches use household dishes and/or make some of their tools from Nature.
. We can choose not to use a tool or substitute with something of the same elemental symbolism.
. Add Devotional & colorful, seasonal decor as you like.

Tips on consecrating things -
. Do the table first, then do the tools; expendable supplies don’t need to be consecrated
. Use holy water to purify: mix 3 pinches of table salt in a 1/2 cup water
. Use holy oil to transfer & hold a psychic charge: mix 1 pinch salt in 1 tsp olive oil
. Immerse each tool 3 times in it's element
. Magnetize by Infusing each with your energy. See it in your mind.

Tips for spells -
. Choose materials related to the goal by element, property, color, scent, appearance, symbolism.
. Speak intentions in positive, present-tense words (I have X vs I want); don't speak what you don't want.
. Ground yourself before & after any work so you aren't tipsy.
. Set intent: pull power on the breath from earth & sky into the belly; focus on the goal & push through hands.
. Don't do magic when you're sick or outraged because we get back what we send out.

Simple Circle (ref. Cunningham's Wicca, Guide for Solitary Practitioner)
. Put your working gear inside the planned circle. Start & end each circuit at North.
. Broom sweep (<~)widdershins to clear the space, then walk deosil(~>) & point to project the circle.
. See it in your mind. State the purpose & proceed with your planned task.
. Give thanks & ground yourself to end. A simple circle dissipates when walked through. You’re done. blue_flee

Tips for what to put in BOS -
. Use color & illustrations
. Charts save writing things out, ex. Holiday wheel, Elemental Corresp., Moon Phase, Herbs, Stones uses
. Beliefs, what makes you a witch
. Recitations - Charge of the Goddess, Wiccan Rede long version, Witches Creed, Witches Rune, chants
. Rituals - Cleansing, Complete Circle Rites, Draw Down Moon, Lesser Banishing Rite of the Pentagram
. Goddess & God or Fae, powers, symbols, prayers, offerings & relevant dates
. Recipes - Holliday foods, oil & incense blends, magical powders, potions
. Spells - Candle, Cords & 9-Knots, Sigil making, Witch's Bottle, invoking & banishing pentagrams
. Misc.- green living; garden plans; nature trail maps; divination forms; WC websites, password/user ID

and other things like that -
Teach yourself to focus - gaze at a candle flame, observe it's colors & movement until that's all you see. Let the mind relax & keep attention on the flame. Add deep breathing. Ask for guidance. Do daily for 15 min.
Oils - Place herbs into a jar & add enough lite olive oil to cover. Cap jar. Swirl to mix daily. After 4 weeks strain & decant. You can use herbal tea bags. are safe to use the oil undiluted.
Potions - choose herbs related to goal; place herbs in pot, add water to cover & simmer until liquid is reduced by half; cool, strain, decant. Using an odd number of ingredients is traditional.
Make a wand from a fallen branch (it's rude to break it off). Trim twigs &' peel the bark. Dry, sand smooth & rub with furniture polish. Add desired embellishments.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick