*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

New Wiccan

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

New Wiccan

Postby dallasmarie32213 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Hello.. I'm new to Wicca and this site. I haven't been 'initiated' yet. The next full moon where I live is January 5th so I've got awhile to prepare. My name is Dallas, I'm thirteen years old (14 in March) and a pisces. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on setting up an altar, consecrating things, preforming spells and rituals, what to put in my Book, and other things like that.
dallasmarie32213

Re: New Wiccan

Postby SnowCat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I think if you just read through a lot of what's here already, you'll find answers to many of your questions.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby MsMollimizz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 pm

A lot of us has research and read and read...
I would imagine there in Dallas there are a few metaphysical
book stores, yes ? Have money trouble ? I can turn you on to
survey sites I use to keep me in books. Just a thought !
What you can read is books by Scott Cunningham and
(one of my favorites) Deborah Lipp she'll tell you about
the Elementals more in depth that Scott gets. All of them
are great reads and easy to follow.
I hope this gives you a direction to start, also, may of
the libraries around will let you borrow from other libraries.
I hope this will put you on track to find which path to take...
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
MsMollimizz

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri May 17, 2019 3:32 pm

dallasmarie32213 wrote:Hello.. I'm new to Wicca and this site. I haven't been 'initiated' yet. The next full moon where I live is January 5th so I've got awhile to prepare. My name is Dallas, I'm thirteen years old (14 in March) and a pisces. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on setting up an altar, consecrating things, preforming spells and rituals, what to put in my Book, and other things like that.

This post is an oldie but goodie set of FAQs. The original poster had naively requested the equivalent of a year-long study :lol: - Ya' gotta love it. These are the same Qs we've all probably asked as newBs, so welcome to the club DallasMarie, where ever you may be. I do have simple replies for anyone else who might be asking the same Qs.

.I haven't been 'initiated' yet -
Initiation is a coven practice. Self-dedication is a rite for solitairies pledging their word of honor to stay-the-course. The test is to design our own ritual which implies that we've learned how.

.The next full moon where I live is January 5th so I've got awhile to prepare. -
1. For anyone interested in moon-ology, i'd recommend checking NASAs educational website for an intro to astronomy. There's only one moon orbiting Earth so when it's a full moon where you live it's also a full moon everywhere else when night rolls in.
2. Print out a moon phase calendar for the current year's full moon dates or check online weather forecasts for the daily moon phase.
3. The full moon always rises in the east as the sun sets in the west & a full moon reaches its highest point in the sky around midnight (adjust for Daylight Savings Time).

.tips on setting up an altar -
1. Consecrate the table first.
2. A magical altar will have symbols of the Elements (air, fire, water, earth) & God/dess. The tools represent them. A standard set-up puts a Goddess-candle, cup, water & salt to the left; pentacle plate in the middle; a God-candle, wand, blade & incense to the right. This magical altar arrangement moves energy from (-) to (+) like a battery which mimics Nature & actually boosts our spells.
3. We can arrange our personal altars any-which-way that "feels-right".
4. We don't need costly, "special" materials & can use household dishes as ritual tools.
5. We make our gear magical by infusing it with our own psychic magnetism, thus branding it.

.Tips on consecrating things -
1. Holy water: mix 1/2 cup water & 3 pinches salt; Holy oil: 1 Tbs olive oil, 1 pinch salt, add a few drops of balsam oil for scent. Charge with energy.
2. To afix the tool's elemental energy immerse it in it's associated element (wand-fan with Air, blade-pass over flame, cup-fill with Water, pentacle-cover in Earth).
3. Use the chrisms to purify & bless ritual space, tools & yourself.

.tips on performing spells and rituals -
1. Don't summon what you can't banish. (well doh :roll: )
2. Keep your circle, altar & spells Elementally balanced for predictable results.
3. Close what you open whether it's a pasture gate or cast circle. Disconnect & ground.
4. Know your intent. Use positive, affirming, present-tense phrasing.
5. Practice circle casting as a short-cut to learning to raise, program & project real energy.
6. See "Simple Spells" in Post a Spell section for spells adaptable to any need.
7. Don't do magic when you're sick or outraged because we get back what we send out.
8. Leave a gratitude offering whenever taking something from Nature.

.Tips for what to put in BOS -
Record anything you want to have in one place for quick ref., ex., Recitations- Charge of the Goddess, the Wiccan Rede, Creation story from Aradia, Gospel of Witches , chants; Rituals - circle casting, dedication, naming, hand-fasting, requiem, Lesser Banishing Rite of the Pentagram, Draw Down the Moon, & 8 holidays; Recipes - ritual food &'drink, incense blends, sprinkling powders, potions; Deities - names, symbols, their preferred offerings & associated dates; seasonal star constellations & power; Spells - basics plus invoking & banishing pentagrams, hex & evil-eye removal, healing affirmations, elemental correspondences, stone & herb properties, optimal timing; Misc Interests - garden plans, nature trail maps & sites; divination forms & how-to's; DIY how-to's, Witchcraft supply websites, discussion boards & your password & user ID, etc.

.and other things like that - Simple Circle - Quick-Witch Method:
A circle''s cast from the least to the most dense element: East-air, South-fire, West-water, North-earth & returns where you started. A Simple Circle will hold our power until we release it & keep minor static interference out.
1. Walk the circumference 1st to purify with salt-water (introduces earth & water); walk around a 2nd time to bless with smoldering incense (air & fire). Walk around a 3rd time to draw the circle with projected energy - Pull power to belly, aim & 'shoot with 2 pointing fingers or athame.
2. Words: "Round, round & round about. All good in & all bad out. As I walk the circle is cast, guarding all and holding fast."
3. Proceed with your purpose (ex., divination, meditation, writing in BOS, charging spells).
4. Since you've not called Elemental quarters or invoked Deity the simple circle will dissipate by simply walking through it. Ground your self when finished.

You can learn the additional ceremonial rites of calling elemental quarters, invoking Deity, blessing the meal, & Cone of Power uses whenever you decide to do the research & add it to your practice. Get used to web searching & reading about your interests &'take notes. Journaling is good.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick