*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

New to the astral side and having problems

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.

New to the astral side and having problems

Postby RyukaAscendant » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:48 pm

So I'm still fairly new to astral work. I have a pretty easy time putting myself into a trance like state because I've been doing meditation off an on for 10 years. As I've been starting down this recently I'm not certain if I'm actually projecting or not. I can envision places I've been in this state but I'm not sure if I'm just relying on past memories and imagination or actually doing it.

Additionally I've been experiencing dizziness with a bit of looking down at my body type phenomenon at random times. Why is this happening?
Child of Gaia;, student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
RyukaAscendant

Re: New to the astral side and having problems

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am

I can't say for sure, but I've had effects like bobbing on a string...which I assumed to be the silver cord that connects us to the body. The dizziness I think is from the astral body phasing in and out of alignment with the physical body. When it happens to me, I accept it as a sign of metaphorically loosening the latches on the window before exiting. I think we cause it by focusing on being "out" and then looking to see if we are yet. We create a yo-yo effect by shifting our focus between "doing" and wondering if we did.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby RyukaAscendant » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:56 pm

I haven't had that feeling of bobbing so much. And I'd like to take advantage of these moments, however they happen randomly. But even when I enter a trance I can seem to escape my head. I don't know if that's a misconception of astral travel that you have to or maybe it's something like remote viewing of the astral.

I guess if like to know is there any sensation I should look for to know when I have actually left my body.
Child of Gaia;, student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

RyukaAscendant

Postby tutmosis » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 pm

From what I've read an experienced, you'd know. It sounds like you're just mental projecting, which is not astral projection.

Mental projecting can include remote viewing, where astral projection is when you move in to another body and experience that on a different plane of existence.
tutmosis

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Well, when I'm completely out, I'm not thinking of sensations, although I do have visual swooping, flying associated senses. Mostly I'm just my awareness, and no body...you know, OUT-of-body.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby RyukaAscendant » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm

So do you have any advice on how to actually let go to get outside my head?

RyukaAscendant

Return to OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming