*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

New Podcast. Any Questions?

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.

New Podcast. Any Questions?

Postby The_Reclining_Reader » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi everybody. I'm starting a podcast with the proprietor of a shop near me, named Moon Fairy's Magickal Cupboard.

We would like the format to be a question and answer type show, so the purpose of this post is to find questions. Anything magic or occult related is fine, although I can't promise we'll be able to talk about all of them.

The name of the show will likely be Moon Fairy's Magickal Podcast, and I will edit this post, when there is a show recorded and posted, to give you all a link to it.

Thanks!
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot
Check Out My New Comic Book Review Blog
The_Reclining_Reader

Re: New Podcast. Any Questions?

Postby Kassandra » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:58 am

If I were the proprietor, on the show I would address frequently asked questions that the customers ask the staff when they shop at the store. I would spotlight a particular topic every week (if it's a weekly show), maybe even have guests who specialize in that topic. I would also do regular sabbat-related shows, and maybe occasional esbat-related shows, get into depth about what those are about, talk about history and cultures, etc., especially if I could find historical information unique to that region. For instance, if there is a high concentration of Germanic folk in the region, how were those occasions celebrated by them in times past, and in the present?

I think keeping the podcast themes as organic as possible like that would not only help the store's sales, but would also serve as an educative, value-added adjunct to the store ...to the community itself, really. Also, another interesting theme might be discussing types of spells, how and when to do them, when not to, etc., such as spells to attract, spells to repel, spells to augment, spells to dissipate, spells to expedite, spells to reverse, etc. Lots to choose from! :wink:

Before embarking on them, I would also do spell work to ensure success of the podcasts (in my path, such work might be termed road-opening work, along with other applicable workings).

Good luck with everything. smiley_dance

:fairy: bling ~ Have a magical day, now ~

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra

Postby Tyrande » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Merry meet!
I agree with Kassandra. An FAQ would be a really good first podcast. Covering the basics and also making references to more experienced knowledge. An interesting thing to do would be talking about the history of Wicca vs Paganism vs Witchcraft. Talking about those major parts of the umbrella would be really educational, and it's always nice hearing about someone else's perspective. To get more questions, a Twitter account would really benefit you. Tagging things like religion, podcast, wicca, paganism, new age... Things that would pop up, people would see and interact with.
What platform are you doing this on? Spotify seems really reliable.
Blessed be
Tyrande
♡ ♡ ♡ Protect the Ocean, Protect the Land ♡ ♡ ♡
❃ Plant a tree ❃
Tyrande

Postby HazelQ.boggslyon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:52 am

I would listen. I always willing to listen and learn from all.
HazelQ.boggslyon

Postby Kassandra » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:22 am

HazelQ.boggslyon wrote:I would listen. I always willing to listen and learn from all.

What topic(s) would you like to hear addressed on the podcast show? What topics interest you, that you've been curious about, etc.

:fairy: bling ~ Have a magical day, now ~

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra

Postby The_Reclining_Reader » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Tyrande wrote:Merry meet!
I agree with Kassandra. An FAQ would be a really good first podcast. Covering the basics and also making references to more experienced knowledge. An interesting thing to do would be talking about the history of Wicca vs Paganism vs Witchcraft. Talking about those major parts of the umbrella would be really educational, and it's always nice hearing about someone else's perspective. To get more questions, a Twitter account would really benefit you. Tagging things like religion, podcast, wicca, paganism, new age... Things that would pop up, people would see and interact with.
What platform are you doing this on? Spotify seems really reliable.
Blessed be
Tyrande

Thanks, don't know why I didn't think about the Twitter account. And we'll be on Buzzsprout, Google Play, and ITunes. Spotify is still what amounts to invite only.

Thanks to everyone for all the ideas so far. I'm sending a print out to my co-host tomorrow.
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot
The_Reclining_Reader

Postby Tyrande » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks, don't know why I didn't think about the Twitter account. And we'll be on Buzzsprout, Google Play, and ITunes. Spotify is still what amounts to invite only.

Thanks to everyone for all the ideas so far. I'm sending a print out to my co-host tomorrow.

Awesome! I'll be looking for you on iTunes :D Can't wait and I hope this goes really nice for you.
♡ ♡ ♡ Protect the Ocean, Protect the Land ♡ ♡ ♡
❃ Plant a tree ❃
Tyrande

Postby The_Reclining_Reader » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi everyone! Just wanted to quickly update you. Rhonda is working through your suggestions, she'll let me know what she wants to talk about on the first episode.

We have a name now. Get ready for Moon Fairy's Magickal Podcast!

We are also now on Twitter @MoonFairysPod.
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot
The_Reclining_Reader

Return to Websites, Media and Services