*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Nemesis?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.

Nemesis?

Postby MindyLouWho » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm

What offerings can be given to the goddess Nemesis. I don't see anything specific about her anywhere. It's like she's been scrubbed from text. Or I'm not good at research. Thanks!
MindyLouWho

Re: Nemesis?

Postby Yellow diamond light » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Do you feel you have upset the god's?
Or are you offering for her guidance?
You could try building a small temporary altar to her with 1 or 2 different blades and a set of weighing scales.
Or you could simply make her name in goose feathers tied together with string and hang in your home or garden somewhere. I feel something like the latter is always better received because it shows you have gone to the trouble of designing something original rather than simply burning incense
Yellow diamond light

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:33 pm

I searched "goddess Nemesis" &'found https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(mythology)
and https://www.theoi.com/Daimon/Nemesis.html just for starts. See if they give you the info you seek.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Lady_Lilith » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:06 am

She may have not been worshiped per se but was rather in the background of other gods. Such as Nike is with Athena and Nyx the night goddess with Artemis of the moon. They didn't neccesarily have cults themselves but worshiped along with related gods.

You may have to wing it for this.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby barker » Wed May 01, 2019 7:11 am

I get the impression that Nemesis is far to wicked to be public property, and should suggest that you contact her directly for permanent assistance, sincere.
barker

Return to Gods/Goddesses