*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Need Help With A Website Name

If you have pagan-related items you'd like to sell or trade, you can post them here. Books are in their own category.

Need Help With A Website Name

Postby DPhoenix » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 am

So I'm putting together a website. It's going to be a mix of compiled metaphysical & occult information and various items for sale (altar tools, jewelry, ebooks regarding the metaphysical & occult, etc.). I want them to be teaching tools and affordable products for those in the Craft who are on a shoestring budget.

I'm also interested in figuring out a way where others can sell their goods on my site... so if anyone is interested let me know.

But the reason for this post is because I need a good name for the site that isn't already taken. I'm having a hard time with this so if anyone has any good ideas I'd love to hear them!

Thanks! :)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
DPhoenix

Re: Need Help With A Website Name

Postby Khaleesi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 pm

It's probably already been used, but how about something simple like "The Witch's Nook". It was the first thing that popped into my mind after reading your description. If you want to personalize it more for "uniqueness" sake, just put your first name in front of it, i.e. Sammy's Witch's Nook. And then you can put a colon and then write a tag line for further personalization, i.e. Sammy's Witch's Nook: Your one stop shop for all things metaphysical! That sorta thing.
Khaleesi

Postby DPhoenix » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Khaleesi wrote:It's probably already been used, but how about something simple like "The Witch's Nook". It was the first thing that popped into my mind after reading your description. If you want to personalize it more for "uniqueness" sake, just put your first name in front of it, i.e. Sammy's Witch's Nook. And then you can put a colon and then write a tag line for further personalization, i.e. Sammy's Witch's Nook: Your one stop shop for all things metaphysical! That sorta thing.

I'm loving it Khaleesi! Thanks! <3
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
DPhoenix

Postby North Star » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:04 pm

I believe The Witch's Nook is in use already, based in the Midwest or something.

Lots of luck to you on this new adventure, DPhoenix! I can't think of any names though lol. My creativity has left the building it seems! Make sure you share when it gets up and running. :)
"She's mad, but she's magic." -Charles Bukowski

"No snowflake ever fell in the wrong place."
North Star

Postby DPhoenix » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:05 pm

North Star wrote:I believe The Witch's Nook is in use already, based in the Midwest or something.

Lots of luck to you on this new adventure, DPhoenix! I can't think of any names though lol. My creativity has left the building it seems! Make sure you share when it gets up and running. :)

Thanks North Star! I don't expect to get rich or anything like that. What I'll be selling won't have much of a profit margin but I like the idea of a little extra money in my pocket and being able to help out others on a budget instead of filling my pockets with coffers but that's ok! I just think of it as making deposits in my Karma bank and down the road the Universe will give it back with interest. ^_^

WitchesNook.com isn't taken. I saw that there was The Witches Nook on facebook though.

That's why I posted for help on here, lots of muses dancing around this forum! :)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
DPhoenix

Postby North Star » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Hmm, maybe it is the spelling? I think they spell it Witch's... I love the name though. If they have that one taken just use the other spelling! :D

Lots of luck to you! I think it is a great idea!
"She's mad, but she's magic." -Charles Bukowski

"No snowflake ever fell in the wrong place."
North Star

Postby QuestionableEnergy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:06 pm

did you ever get a site up?...looking for material and other stuff I cannot find local? :)
QuestionableEnergy

Postby Starwitch » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:43 am

I own Wicca-pedia.com, if you're interested. I also own psychicsandspells.com and spells-spells-spells.com. They are all good keyword domains, but may not match the theme of your particular site. They would be a bit overpriced though (like $100), so I think you'd be better off coming up with something new and getting it for cheap.

You should obviously try to get a .com, if possible, and something short and easy to remember and spell. Most people can't spell for crap, so using something like "faerie" instead of "fairy" in a domain name is a sure way for people to wind up on the wrong site.

You could try something with a pagan blessing/greeting in it, like BlessedBeSomething.com or MerryMeetPagan.com. Or go through your tools and see if any of those would make good site titles, WandsandHerbs.com or CrystalsandCrap.com, lol. Just kidding about that last one, but you get the idea. Might help to look around at Nature for ideas as well. Oakandherb.com or something.

CraftyWitchWorld, WitchWayThisWay (I'm pretty sure witchway is already a site or at least it used to be.) You could think of something with a crystal in it, like RoseQuartzWitch or AmethystLady.

There are so many great keywords in witchcraft/paganism. It's pretty easy to come up with domain names. Here are a list of keywords you can look through for ideas. There may be repeated words because of how I compiled the list.

Wiccan, pagan, occult, metaphysical, herbs, essential oils, herbal, incense, ritual, candles, mojo bags, altar supplies, gemstones, crystals, quartz, amethyst, Celtic and Wiccan jewelry, Celtic knot designs, pagan symbols, crystal balls, god, goddess, pagan supplies, occult tools, metaphysical books, gemstones, amulets, altar tools, celtic, wiccan, Egyptian, pagan, magic, magical, magick, pentacle, crescent moon, silver, pewter, lord, lady, green man, altar, tarot, pagan symbols, ritual, spell casting, spell, gothic, psychic, shamanism.

Good luck.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Postby Starwitch » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 am

Oh I see this is an old thread. Well, if you got your site going, let us know! :)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Return to For Sale or Trade