*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

In need of guidance

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

In need of guidance

Postby Zalindara » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:03 pm

All I can say is I'm lost, not sure where to start. I do know I want to start properly. :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
~*ZALINDARA*~
Zalindara

Re: In need of guidance

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:20 am

This Old post wasn't responded to when it was asked. Folks are still browsing it so here's a better late than never reply:

Think about your current ideas on what you want from a spiritual practice. A spiritual path attracts us through what we want to learn & not by what we already know. Browse & read, then think on it & re-read. Ask specific questions.

Build a starter kit
. Test a few kitchen herbs. Rub them between your fingers then smell & taste each. Use the attracting herbs to bless & the disagreeable ones to banish. Trust your senses. Use in potions & spells.
. Collect 3 ordinary, palm-sized stones. Notice markings & if they’re easy to hold. Water smooth stones aid health, banded stones aid wishes, stones criss-crossed by lines help path finding. Hold & stroke a stone while chanting to effect desired conditions.
. Practice moving energy by holding both hands with open palms facing. Focus between your hands & push from the belly. Notice your sensations. Shake your hands to clear them.
. Basic gear: Fire-safe bowl, candles & holders, potion cup, table salt, olive oil, your herbs & stones, matches.

Ritual IS Practice
. An altar is your workspace for worship & spell crafting. It's a tool to shape thought energy.
. It’s OK to use household dishes for altars.
. Tools represent the Elements: Air/wand, Fire/blade, Water/cup, Earth/pentacle. We can choose not to use a tool & substitute another symbol like feathers, battery-candle, sea shell, or stone. Incense, candles & oil, H2O, salt & herbs also represent air, fire, water, earth.
. Making sacred space includes cleansing & blessing your space, then projecting a circlular sanctuary but won't summon or invoke anything. You can add on when you feel ready.
. We don't have to do long rituals to appreciate Nature on Samhain, Imbolc, Beltane & Lammas. make sacred space, greet the Spirit of the Place & place food offerings outside for wildlife.
. Teach yourself to focus by gazing at a candle flame until it’s all you see. If you wool-gather bring your attention back to the flame. Add deep breathing to meditate & ask for guidance.
. Print out the current year's Full Moon dates & draw on the Moon's influence with light meditation in a simple circle & outdoor food offering.

Study
. Research the Wiccan Goddess and Horned God. Wiccans study lore & mythology so there's no one-&-only doctrine you have to believe.
. Keep a journal of your thoughts, ideas, questions, observations. Ask specific questions.
. We don't have to be Wiccan to do spells. Magic is it's own study. See the spell section for how-to's.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: In need of guidance

Postby Panthera » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Good evening, Zalindara. Personally before answering to someone I appreciate to have at least one presentation of the person, it allows to advise him/her according to his/her background, ideas, desires.
Panthera

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick