Warning About Multiple Reading Requests

If you'd like to have a reading, you're welcome to post your question here and if there is a member available who feels like answering then they might help you. Please note that most of our readers are somewhat new to this and are using this forum as a way of improving their skills. They are not professional psychics.
roseonfire

Warning About Multiple Reading Requests

Post by roseonfire »

It has come attention that members have been using this site for free readings, while not contributing to the forums. They have been asking anyone offering free readings, or even mentioning psychic abilities, and harassing some of the readers who do not quickly respond, even while having already received readings from others. This behavior is advised against, and will result in your account being placed on a list where Starwitch, other moderators, and I can then decide whether to take further action.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Kassandra

Unsolicited Free Reading Requests

Post by Kassandra »

This thread was retained (rather than trashed, which is what we probably would have done with it, normally) as a message to members about this. :wink: As you will read in this thread a former member incessantly emailed and PM'd random members of this board with questions about, and/or requests for, love spells, psychic readings, etc. I was on a short leave from the board at that time, so I didn't even know this was happening. The original post on the thread starts with the words, "i need to no if my x will come back to me soon."

Admin finally had to close this person's account to end the harassment, and all her posts were removed (you're not missing anything; she never made real contributions to any discussions here, other than splatter the site with non-punctuated "textspeaks" begging for readings). At the end of this thread, I posted a link to a post about "psychic reading junkies," an unpleasant phenomena I encountered in my own professional reading work. Basically, the way a "drug junkie" keeps demanding money or drugs from any and every one they know, a "psychic reading junkie" will keep demanding readings from any and every one they think might do one for them. They are annoying little vampiric energy drains, with whom one must set and enforce very clear boundaries.

The point is, if you get harassed like the folks on this thread did, please let one of the mods know. Thanks.

--K

_________________________________________________________________________________________

mossy_oak94 wrote:i need to no if my x will come back to me soon
OK, I'm going to help out a little, so this post too won't (understandably) get cricket chirped by the wonderful readers here.

If you really want a response to your request,

1. Read and follow rules #4, #5 and #8 in this post: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 11406.html
(Bonus: I already did #8 for you, because "title text unrelated to post content" kind of annoys me, lol)

2. Read and follow the suggestions in the section titled,"Try to Be Thorough with Your Questions" in this post: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p187818

3. Rewrite your question, following the above guidelines.

4. Good luck. :wink:

:fairy: bling ~ Have a magical day, now ~

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will My Ex Come Back to Me Soon?

Post by Xiao Rong »

In addition to all of Kassandra's excellent points, I will add that the Free Readings forum has rules prohibiting members from joining the forum solely to solicit free readings from our readers (all of whom are volunteers). The other mods and I have also noted you have been harassing members for free tarot readings and love spell advice request, which we have already warned you about. If you keep this up, you are going to get banned.

If you would like to avoid being banned, consider making an introductory post in the Member Profiles & Introduction Forum, and participate in the forum for a while. Then try making a reading request.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xiao Rong wrote:The other mods and I have also noted you have been harassing members for free tarot readings and love spell advice request, which we have already warned you about.
Oh my, I didn't know about all that part. lol Had I known, I would not have wasted my time trying to help this person.

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken

SnowCat

Post by SnowCat »

That explains the pm's I got.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

I don't know if u already warned him and that u knew about his asking us all obsessively for that spell.
this is a wicca forum so I guess most wouldn't mess with free will like that. ah and about that thread with the cricket..this is not the same case.
*Blessed Be*

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

SnowCat wrote:That explains the pm's I got.

Frosty
I got several of them too. And there was a discussion about it constantly in the chat box. I suggested that they post an introduction and the like and get involved in the forums. Originally the questions were along the lines of how long do love spells take to work.

firebirdflys

Post by firebirdflys »

OK ...real quick
I pulled the 8 of CUPS...
in a nutshell...the answer is:
no.
This card represents an emotional quest, leaving all that was once in place behind them.

Mossy Oak, why don't you come in and introduce yourself at the new members forum?
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... rself.html
BB, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.

Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

loona wynd wrote:
SnowCat wrote:That explains the pm's I got.

Frosty
I got several of them too. And there was a discussion about it constantly in the chat box. I suggested that they post an introduction and the like and get involved in the forums. Originally the questions were along the lines of how long do love spells take to work.
Aaah, I got some weird messages too the other day. Glad it wasn't just me! I can't see the chat box as I'm on my phone most of the time, rather than my laptop. Fun times!

Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

lol yes he often did it in the shoutbox but i didn't know the mods saw it!
*Blessed Be*

Dragoness

Post by Dragoness »

Messaged me too, I was polite but.... Still. I dont like trolling

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

In the future, if you get unsolicited messages out of the blue like these, please let myself or one of the other moderators know. You can just hit the "Report" button (upside down triangle with the exclamation point), or PM one of us. It's important to report this behavior so that we know if it's affecting more than one member, and then we can deal with it accordingly.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Whaaaat? I don't believe this! Please guys, don't be "polite" to trolls. They don't understand polite; if anything, they interpret that as a form of weakness. When they bug you like this, they sure aren't worried about being polite, so you shouldn't either in dealing with them. Instead, report them, immediately. Don't even respond, or otherwise give energy to and feed their immature, attention-seeking behavior. We want you to enjoy your time on this message board, not be victims of harassment by weirdos like this person...he/she's gone now btw, thanks to Star Witch.

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken

SnowCat

Re: need free reading asap

Post by SnowCat »

I'm too accustomed to being diplomatic. I guess I need to get cranky sometimes.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

WillowMoon

Re: Re: need free reading asap

Post by WillowMoon »

Hmm... ;) Determining from the question also it perhaps was one intended to test one as a reader too as it was too open ended but this question in itself was too open ended, and I'd personally respond to that with ask yourself if you really want them back, but it just comes across as a bit cliched question to ask which is somewhat typical of trolls or spammery sort of question to ask, but you mods have nailed that one, I think. Kudos to you. All good ;) just adding two cents worth of thought there :P Am off to read other posts :)

Return to “Free Reading Requests”