*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Mercury in retrograde help?

General questions and conversations about astrology.

Mercury in retrograde help?

Postby Negoni-Negara » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:48 am

With mercury retrograde coming , I was wondering what to do to reflect the negative influences that come from the astronomical phenomena.
I was thinking of maybe making a talisman of sorts or a ritual or something of the sort , but I'd like to know what other witches inputs are.
Negoni-Negara

Re: Mercury in retrograde help?

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:10 am

I'm not much into astrology beyond a sun sign (& my own petty chart) & don't even know what mercury in retrograde is really about. Planets simply don't go physically backwards so I get it that it's an "appearance of" association & since Mercury is associated with the mind, communication & travel I'd expect that retrograde would be a time to avoid head-ology, long distance spell castings, or making speeches. If traveling far check the spare, stash some cash in hidden spaces & be aware of alternate routes. So that's how I'd treat it if I thought about it. I'd love to know what sort of talisman or ritual you'd envision... shields up, maybe? That would interesting.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Xiao Rong » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:18 am

Mercury Retrograde isn't so bad (although I do now regularly track it in my planner and plan accordingly). Most of the stuff you can do to protect yourself is mundane -- double check that your email has gone through, expect hiccups when you travel and build in some extra time (no 30-minute layovers in the airport to catch your next flight!), some extra miscommunications, etc. It's a good exercise in practicing patience and forgiveness of ourselves and others! Plus, I like to view Mercury Retrograde as a blessing in disguise -- it's a time for taking a pause, doing some inner reflection, and refocusing on what matters.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Negoni-Negara » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:42 am

Thank you both for your inputs on my question.
Firstly , I was considering perhaps doing a form of prayer and maybe some crystal work , perhaps also hanging something outside my door or on it as well as something to wear or carry through the duration of said period.
That , and most likely some prayers and more focus on aura cleansing and strengthening.
Also , thank you Xiao for bringing up your more positive perspective , I'll keep it in mind in future regards.
Again , thank you both for the advice.
Negoni-Negara

Postby barker » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:00 am

Mercury retrograde is forever, NOT for abstinence. This is the biggest lie in the book.
barker

Postby firebirdflys » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:10 pm

@ barker ..what book are you referring to?
Xiao Rong wrote: I like to view Mercury Retrograde as a blessing in disguise -- it's a time for taking a pause, doing some inner reflection, and refocusing on what matters
Exactly, And I feel deep philosophical conversation can happen at this time too. I'll be doing some re-focusing soon and forest healing too, though I do have to drive to get there, so I'll put it out there... "all will go smoothly and well on this trip".
:fairy: :flyingwitch: 8-)
bb, FF
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby barker » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:13 am

firebirdflys wrote:@ barker ..what book are you referring to?

Any such problem as "we are knowing this" can be discretely solved as "I am choosing myself" - thus I refer to the bad book as gospel, the good news as anything and everything that succeeds it. :)
barker

Return to Astrology and Zodiac