*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Losing touch

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Losing touch

Postby Helvetica » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:55 am

Hey you guys
I have a problem. It's not too big yet but I don't want it to get bigger.
I started university about a month ago, since then I'm busy six days a week, not to forget commuting, studying and so on. Result is, whenever I have nothing to do, I sleep, or watch tv,just as long as it doesn't involve brain activity.
My music and my writing suffer from it, and now also my spiritual activities (lacking a better word). I still do the occasonal peayer, and it's heartfelt though usually on the go,but there have brrn no rituals, no tarot reading, no spells. I tried one yesterday, and it didn't feel right at all so I stopped before completing it.
Anyway, do you have any ideas how i can get back in touch with that side of me? Omaybe a meditation or a simpleritual or just a way to kick myself in the butt?
I'd really appreciate it :)

Blessings
Helvetica
Helvetica

Re: Losing touch

Postby firebirdflys » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 am

Hi there Helvetica, One of the best reconnection exercise I usually recommend is to lie prone (face down) on the earth for as long as you can, and then spend more time on the ground, like with a picnic or digging in a garden. Also, a walk around the block helps to refresh, and bring a little energy to the soul.
T.V. and other electronics tend to disconnect us from the Earth Mother, and we get out of sorts, unfocused and depressed. I want to add... if this goes on for a time and doesn't get better, you might want to consult a Doctor and make sure it isn't anything more serious.
be well blessings, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Re: Losing touch

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:58 am

I used to have a 90 min commute for college. I listened to instructional tapes or I'd chant mantras, whatever rolled thru my head. Meditation does not require zoning out to be fruitful. Back then I didn't know about grounding & centering or I could've done those too.

Be aware of what you put into your mind.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick