*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Loona's Grimoires

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.

Loona's Grimoires

Postby loona wynd » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi there. This is my thread for my Grimoires. I prefer the term Grimoire for my book because to me it is more accurate. For me it is not only a collection of lore, but also of exercises, experiences, rituals, and spells. I also place in here my poetry and my worldview reflections. This thread is basically going to contain a bit of everything.

I am making no real order in the placement of the items in this thread. Basically they will become posted here as I find them in my physical book as well as in my book on my computer. If something in either of my books is not my original material I will note it as such so that every one can be aware of the origins. I draw from a lot of sources and practices so there will be a little of everything in here.

If you have any questions on anything I post here please quote the post and let me know. I will do my best to answer your questions. If you have any comments or would like to copy or share any of this material in your own books please feel free to do so. I am freely sharing these rituals here for you to see and use as you see fit.

What you will not see in here are any of my hexes or curses. Any of the darker aspects of magic I will not share here. While I do have an interest in and have engaged in such magical activities I will not share them here. I believe that if you want to find those practices there is enough out there already that you can find the information elsewhere.

What you will see in here is a collection of lore, spells, rituals, theories and concepts that cover many different traditions and practices. There will be some Germanic style rituals and some Greek style rituals. There are rituals of Dragon working and there are rituals resembling modern Wicca and witchcraft. All of these are rituals I have experiences and written or worked. I now freely share them with you.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Loona's Grimoires

Postby loona wynd » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:26 pm

The organization of this thread is basically going to go from book to book. I have a book for my witchcraft practices, a book for the Temple rituals (not being shared), a Book for Dragon rituals. a Book for Norse rituals, and a Book for Greek rituals. I am currently also building a separate spell book and a prayer book. There will be material from all of these books except the Temple material as I am not at liberty to share those.

As material is added I will have a Table of contents of sorts here for material so you know what is on each post or about where the information can be found. Everything is organized in category by date. So the dates will be strangely ordered. This contents will at least give you an idea of the types of materials you will find in this thread.

Contents:
Deity concepts
Other world beings
Cosmology (other worlds)
Witchcraft World View
Soul and Afterlife
What is witchcraft
Ethics of a witch
Witchcraft Mythology
Laws of Magic
Magic and science
What is Magic
Magazine articles I have found interesting
Sabbat reflections
Sabbat Rituals
Full Moon reflections
Full Moon rituals
New Moon Reflections
New Moon Rituals
Dedication rituals
Other rituals
Quarter Calls
Circle Casting
Invocations
Chants
Reiki
Correspondences
Recipes
Symbols
Blessings
Spells
Prayers
Exercises
Meditations
Poetry
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:35 pm

The five Horned Gods:

Lord of the Sun
Lord of Life
Lord of Grain
Lord of death
Lord of the Hunt

Each season is ruled by one of the five Gods as well as the Sun God who rules over and watches all life.

Winter-Lord of death
Spring-Lord of life
Summer-Lord of Grain
Fall/Autumn-Lord of the Hunt

The five Goddesses:

Lady of the Moon
Bringer of life (Mother of us all)
Lady of the plants
Queen of rebirth
Lady of the Wild Wood

Like with the God each season is ruled by a Goddess as well as by the lady of the Moon who watches over all life in the night.

Winter: Queen of rebirth
Spring: bringer of Life (mother of us all)
Summer: Lady of the plants
Fall: Lady of the Wild Wood

Originally written on 2-13-2008
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Lady of the Moon

She is the queen of the night. It was from her that the other Gods were born. She is the ultimate mother of the Gods and of the humans. She is also the queen of witchcraft. She greets all new life and she welcomes the dead. She is always in the sky watching. She is our grandmother, our sister, and our mother at all times. In this way she is the Maiden, Mother, and Crone. She is feminine mysteries and power,

She is honored at the full and new moons. She is the teacher of witchcraft. In magic she can be found in intuition and psychic work. She is responsible for psychic gifts and practices. In magic she can also be found in our emotions.

Her elements are spirit and water. She is the feminine creative spirit. She is also related to water as the moon controls the tides on the earth so does she rule water. She also rules emotions due to her connection with water. She speaks to our hearts deepest desires. She is the one I most often turn to for motherly concepts and concerns.

She is a goddess who can be found in all realms. She can be found in all heavens and in all underworlds as well as in the physical world. She brings us life and awaits us after death. She is the one who guides us in the underworld after death till we meet the Goddess of rebirth queen of the underworld and begin the process of rebirth. This is why she is also gone once a month as she travels to the underworld during this time to recharge herself. She leads us to rebirth after death and brings our next birth or life.

Originally written 2-19-08

Lord of the sun

This is the father and creator God. With is wife and partner the Lady of the Moon he created humans and Gods alike. He gives life and he gives death. To much of his light can be an issue and can cause fire while with out his light we would not be able to have life at all.

He is one I turn to for passion, sexuality, life and death. From him comes all forms of strength power and conquest. He is a god of power and control. Like the Lady of the moon witchcraft and magic also come from his teachings. He is more associated with defense and passion while she is focused more on intuition and emotion.

All of the elements can be found under his rule. He is most commonly associated with fire and spirit. He is the masculine creative spirit energy. He is the source of all masculine energy found in the world. He is also a bit aggressive as well due to passion.

Like the lady of the moon he can also be found in all three realms. He watches over all of the Gods, the living, and all of the dead. His power gives us life and light. His power allows us to create but it also allows us to destroy.

Originally written on 2-19-2008
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Meditation with the Goddess and God

Where to begin? This was am amazing meditation. I am actually going to try and do it once a month. I've done this meditation before, but not like this. I had actual verbal communication. That was a new experience.

In the underworld I met with the Green Man and his dragon. I think I actually met two deities there. I believe one was the Green Man and the other was the Dragon. The Dragon was one of Chaos and night. The Green Man was one of life and freedom. Seeing the dragon was a surprise.

I also met Fae of the underworld and of the upper world. Beings who tend to the earth. They all gave me curious looks. Not at all what I would have expected.

In the upper world a dragon of light led me to the "sun spirit". Mother of light. This was opposite the underworld. Another face of the same deity?

I have much to learn and explore. Though now I know that dragons want to work with me. Dedication should be soon.

dated 3-16-08
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Green Man

The Green man is a deity native to Europe (England, Ireland, France, etc). He is the spirit of the forest. He is life. He is the trees and the animals. He is joy and freedom. Many faces are his.

The biggest festival in honor of him is Beltane. You can find him in the U.S as well. His essence is all over. When it comes to fertility, he is King.

The Green Man is lord of Grain as well as animals. In many ways he is the great lord of all things. He is life and he is death. Past, present, and future are all in his hands.

In the fall he turns into the Lord of the hunt and shadow lord. In the winter he is Jack frost-giver of rest. Many faces one God.

I have much more to learn about him and work with him. I can feel his presence in my backyard. His return is soon. Life is starting to be born.

3-26-08
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

The five Horned Gods reviewed and expanded:

Lord of the Sun
Lord of Life/Guide to rebirth
Lord of Grain/plants
Lord of death/Guide of the dead
Lord of the Hunt/animals

The five Goddesses reviewed and expanded:

Lady of the Moon
Lady of the Wild Wood
Lady of the Harvest or fields
Lady of Death-Ruler of the Underworld
Lady of Rebirth-Guide to the beginning of new cycles

10-14-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Lady of the Moon

The moon is the symbol of this goddess. She sits in the sky watching the world below and guiding us through the night.

Lady of the moon
Divination
Wisdom
Peace
Intuition
Moods/Emotions
Mental Processes

Lord of the Sun

The sun is the symbol of the God here. He watches over and guides us during the day.

Lord of the sun
Inspiration
Passion
Creativity
Growth
Education

10-15-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Lord of the Hunt

King of:
Animals both domestic and wild
Wilderness

God of:
Animals
Fertility-animal fertility
Protection

Rules over the year:
Late fall-end of the harvest when hunting season begins here (October and November for deer specifically)
Winter-Animals being sustained

Sabbats:
Mabon
Samhain

Lady of the Wild Wood

Queen of:
Hunted animals
Tall Trees and forest plants

Goddess of:
Hunt
Protection
Wild places
Often seen as a Temptress or Vixen

Rules:
Hunting season
Dead of the night

Sabbats:
Mabon
Samhain

10-15-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Lord of Grains and Plants

King of:
Earth
Plants
Harvest

God of:
Fertility (plants and the land)
Growth
Herbalism

Rules:
Farming and Agriculture
Potions and Poisions

Sabbats:
Litha
Llamas/Loafmas/bread harvest

10-15-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Alshara

Alshara is the Great One or Great Spirit. They are both Male and Female. They are the supreme power from which all creation emanates. Without Alshara there is nothing.

Alshara created from themselves the Moon God and Goddess so they would have companionship. The ultimate force behind all of creation is Alshara. Alshara has always been and always will be.

The element of spirit and Alshara are one. Alshara is spirit. They give a peice of themselves to all things in existence. All things have spirit because of Alshara. So Alshara is also the force of life.

Alshara is always growing and always changing. Alshara teaches us that growth never needs to stop, that one through many lives may become like Alshara.

Alshara is the earth, the stars, and all cosmological beings. Alshara governs all. Alshara is everything and yet separate from everything. Alshara is part of everything but leaves the ruling of the universe to the five Gods and Goddesses.

10-15-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:41 am

Lord of the Sun

The lord of the sun is a constant source of light, warmth and guidance. His light provides nutirants that we need to survive.

The Lord of the sun is also a symbol of the rebirth of the earth travels through each year. This is because half of the year his power weakens and his shadow rules and for the other half of the year he rules strongly.

The sun lord is worshiped at all 8 sabbats. 4 sabbats are for his strength and 4 are for his return.

The sun lord also rules
Inspiration
Passion
Creativity
Growth
Education

11-04-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:46 am

Lady of the Moon

The lady of the moon is honored on every full moon and on the new moon. She has a light and a dark side.

Lady of the light moon rules over
divination
Wisdom
Intuition
Mental Processes
Witchcraft

Lady of the dark moon rules over
Fate
Destruction to create
Fear
Rebirth
Banishing and removals
New beginnings

11-05-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:49 am

Lord of the Hunt

The lord of the hunt basically rules over all of the animals. He is a nature and fertility God. He makes sure that both wild and domestic animals are strong and able to survive the winter. He keeps the balance of life and death.

He also rules over all aspects of protection and defense. He fiercely protects the wild.

11-05-09
loona wynd
Banned Member

Postby loona wynd » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:41 am

The Triple Goddess

The Triple Goddess is one women who is the feminine face of divinity in Wicca. She is associated with the moon. She is the supreme creator. From her all things are born and to her all things return. She is the tomb and the womb.

She shows herself in three forms. These forms are representative of the life stages that all women experience. These stages represent the mysteries of life and transformation.

All things change into something else. All acts of destruction end up being acts of creation. All creation is destruction. In order for something to live something must die. Thus the never ending cycle of creation, destruction, recreation and transformation continues. Life is change.

The triple Goddess is an example of the cycle of of change, growth, and evolution.

"..the great mysteries of life were the mysteries of transformation: how things turn into other things, how things grow, die, and are reborn." Power of the Witch by Laurie Cabot.

11-12-2009
loona wynd
Banned Member

Next

Return to Member's Books of Shadows