*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Looking for Herbs to Plant this Spring

If you have pagan-related items you'd like to sell or trade, you can post them here. Books are in their own category.

Looking for Herbs to Plant this Spring

Postby Arianne-Fraser2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:35 am

I'm looking for herbs to plant and I'll be needing them for this upcoming spring. My list consists of...
Rose of any type
marigold
thyme
sage
lavender
ivy
coltsfoot
and anything else needed for my garden.
I am willing to pay and it would be great if anyone has any other herbs or plants that is needed for my garden.
I am myself, nobody else. No one has my spirit nor my mind to ever be me. Blessed Be.-- Célebeleni/ Silverstar.
Arianne-Fraser2

Re: Looking for Herbs to Plant this Spring

Postby firebirdflys » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:22 am

depending on your planting zone,... some will do better in one zone and not so good in the next. I would be careful with ivy..unless you have a large area to cover, it can take over. Basil is a must, as well as rosemary. But the herbal list is vast. What is the focus of your garden?...magical, medicinal, aromatherapy, food? If you can take a year to study the land and where the sun falls upon it, you will have a better idea of where the shade will be and when. If you are making a very large garden, plan it out on paper first. Some plants get quite large and will overshadow others if planted too close. I made that mistake the first time...thinking herbs are all cute and small. Nope. My white sage was at least ten feet high when it was in bloom, and the lavender grew into a bush that was about five feet tall by five feet around. So I studied the plants allot, some also do better planted near each other, (companion planting) equally there are plants that do not like to be near each other, and will therefor do poorly if planted near each other. I made my garden in the round, so that I could circle in the center. When it was done I had well over 100 plants some for full sun and some in shade. Fun time that garden was. It was the most amazing lesson in patience I have ever known, and I learned so much about the plants. Good Luck and let us know what you end up putting in the ground! BB, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Return to For Sale or Trade