*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

a long time since astral travel

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.

a long time since astral travel

Postby GregorytheImpaler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 pm

I don't have extensive experience with it, but I did successfully begin learning and actually astral projecting a while ago. I'm looking to get back to it, but it's been a while. Are there any ways I can set up things to help anchor and steady myself for it? Last time I was able to pretty much go fine with just basic will and your 'normal' sort of routine. I just like being safe, and have things go smooth. :)
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
GregorytheImpaler

Re: a long time since astral travel

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Just wanting to go, and having someplace in mind to go to, generally works for me. I use suggestion once I'm sitting down in meditation, or laying down before sleep, and focuss on my destination. I don't give a thought to exiting my body, just to arriving someplace else. The "fuzzier" I am the better, meaning im thinking of very few details or special conditions.

The only problems I've had have been when other people in the house interrupted, or a cat jumped on my stomach (ye gads!) startling me into crash landing. Any landing you walk away from is a good one :)
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby planewalker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Ground your energy. Let old energy move out. Draw fresh energy in. Make sure you are centered. Relax and listen for the "music of the spheres". Get a sense of where you wish to go. With a bit of thought you should be heading where you want to go.
Be a Bandage on a Suffering and B!eeding World.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Postby GregorytheImpaler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Ahhhh, I see. That makes sense. So basically the general idea would be to get calm and focused, and then get back into it? Sounds like a plan! Never hurts to see if there's any thoughts on 'warming up' as it were! :)
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
GregorytheImpaler

Return to OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming