*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Letting the Candle Burn Down

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Letting the Candle Burn Down

Postby ErisDysnomia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:23 pm

So I assume I have been doing this right but when it says meditate then let the candle burn down. They aren't expecting me to meditate for upwards of 8 hours right?

It's do a 15-30 minute meditation (or how ever long you feel gets the job done) then let the candle burn down.

With this you can walk away, read a book, sleep (if your brave/stupid), do homework, etc. Because I couldn't imagine sitting and watching a candle burn all the way down. I tried but I did fall asleep. And when I woke up 6 hours later it was still burning (almost out).

I'm just more so confirming that I am doing this right. So that's alright, right?
ErisDysnomia

Re: Letting the Candle Burn Down

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Yes, light the candle & meditate with the flame and concentrate only on the spell's goal as long as it's productive and comfortable to do so, then let it burn while you carry on with other activities. If necessary, (you decide what necessary is) snuff the flame and relight it the next day at the same time, concentrate on the goal, and let it burn as long as you can or until the candle is spent. This can be repeated over 3-7 days so you are in the same moon phase that you started with. Poke pins into the candle, equally spaced down the length, and burn one section at the same time every day for however many days you want it to run. Most commercially made, dinner-table style taper candles burn an inch an hour, or so.

Edit: the above was relevant to TAPER candles. If you were to use a votive candle, you mentioned elsewhere the pins do not work. And votives melt down the center like pillars do.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Letting the Candle Burn Down

Postby Lenea » Sun May 21, 2017 5:18 pm

I have heard that fires are creatures that love and want to live and they like to burn down. It's their life, they like that it's longer.
Lenea

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft