*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

July 7 - Total lunar eclipse

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

July 7 - Total lunar eclipse

Postby astral » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:34 am

Any spells or rituals associated with a lunar eclipse? The information below is from the Phoenix and Dragon newsletter:

This eclipse signals a time for looking at your goals and objectives, your career or job and even for some soul searching with regards to what your mission in this life is in order to see what changes may be necessary in order to achieve success during
the coming months.

This is a very powerful eclipse as it is a total eclipse of the Sun as well as what is called a SuperMoon. In addition, the fact that this is also the second New Moon in the same sign as last month’s new moon we can assume we collectively and individually have reached some type of turning point in the world and in our lives. There are big changes where long standing problems and issues can be resolved. We are being taken out of our comfort zone and taken into a unknown future.This Lunar Eclipse is well aspected by transiting Saturn at 17 Virgo helping you to push forward with your objectives. To do this you need to have a plan, be organized, disciplined, work hard and persevere—all Saturn activities. If you incorporate these activities into this period, you can expect success because Saturn always rewards us according to our efforts. It is important to pay attention to detail and to the little things. For it is in the little things done well that we are given something greater and we move to the next level. You will be rewarded in the areas of your life signified by the house position of this lunar eclipse and transiting Saturn.

astral
seeking wisdom on a new path

jbp4hs
astral

Postby infinight888 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:29 am

cool I didn't know there is an eclipse coming, anyway you can use any magick during a luner eclipse because it represents the full moon and new moon both (that is a basic summary of avery long article)
infinight888

Postby Starwitch » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Thanks for the info. I found this about the eclipse on NASA:

Penumbral Lunar Eclipse of July 07

July's penumbral eclipse is only of academic interest since the magnitude is just 0.156. Although the Moon will be above the horizon from most of Canada (Figure 4), the eclipse is so minor as to be completely invisible to the naked eye.

Apparently they don't realize that's not only of interest to academics, but also to witches. But I guess we won't be able to actually see the eclipse. That doesn't mean that any energies from it won't still be present.

Bright Blessings,
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Postby astral » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 pm

good to know to treat as a full and new moon!

blessings all,

astral

jbp4hs
astral

Postby [ShadowPhoenix] » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 pm

So, we can pretty much use any intention with this type of energy, correct?
[ShadowPhoenix]

Postby Crowfeather » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 pm

Hmm, it seems versatile and powerful.

A magickal get-out-of-jail-free card, perhaps?
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Postby [ShadowPhoenix] » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Ohhhhhh, I hope so....I need one.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Postby Crowfeather » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:00 pm

ShadowPhoenix wrote:Ohhhhhh, I hope so....I need one.

I was just kidding, but that's what it seems to be...
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Postby AP670 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:25 am

Crowfeather wrote:
ShadowPhoenix wrote:Ohhhhhh, I hope so....I need one.

I was just kidding, but that's what it seems to be...

Shadow...sounds like a great day to finally heal your self.
AP670
Banned Member

Postby [ShadowPhoenix] » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Heal?! I've more important things to focus on like getting out of my financial rut...that's sorta healing for me....
[ShadowPhoenix]

Postby Maximus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:44 am

Wow I didn't know about this. Are we going to be able to see it in our area? Just out of curiosity anyone planning on performing a spell that night?
Maximus

Postby [ShadowPhoenix] » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:36 am

I may...maybe not I don't know what spell I'd do though...
[ShadowPhoenix]

Postby stormer89 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:35 pm

aswome i didnt know that there was one comming up
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
stormer89

Postby Her_Child » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Hmm well I'm taking this as a sign.

Last night I had a dream that my wife and I were driving down a dark road and my wife looked over at me and said "stop the car now or we're going to miss seeing the eclipse!" We stood on the side of the road just in time to see an eclipse, larger than life.
I had no clue until reading this thread that an eclipse is occurring! Even though it sounds like it's an "invisible eclipse", I think I'm supposed to do something that night. Really need to meditate on this one. Don't want to miss out on a sign as big and powerful as an eclipse. There is ALOT in life I need/ want to accomplish in the near future, maybe this is my helper!

Thanks for posting this!
Her_Child

Postby astral » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:48 am

I think I will meditate, journal, and see what comes. I will finally start my BOS. (still new to this)

I will sit outside afterwards and ask for perseverance and clarity in my goals.

astral

jbp4hs
astral

Next

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick