*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Inherited mystery items

This is the forum to say, "I'm leaving for a while" or "I'm back now" or whatever.

Inherited mystery items

Postby firebirdflys » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Hey guys,
I've been all over the internet looking for similar items and almost everything does not come close. The box said Guatemalan ceramics, Peruvian figurines, ceramic animal flutes and other words that are unreadable. Not entirely sure what else may have been in the box, a few others went through it before I got it.
So I'll put up a couple pics ...if anyone has a clue as to their use, perhaps to work with the animal depicted on the flutes? Or who knows ? I wonder if they are worth anything or if they were mass produced for tourist places. If that is the case my friend would have collected them maybe sometime between 1930 and 1960? Maybe 70's? I just really don't have a clue. Perhaps a friend of his made them?
I hesitate to try them they're pretty dusty and spider webby inside, If they are valuable I probably shouldn't wash them.
Well...whatcha all think?
20180312_114042.jpg
Down low angle
20180312_114134.jpg
Different filter
20180312_114248.jpg
Slightly different arrangement

I have a couple other items I forgot to put in the pic., maybe later.
Thanks.
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Re: Inherited mystery items

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Llamas and condors? Gators or snakes?

Could the 3 standing things in back be whistles? Incense holders?
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 am

I'm not even sure what all the animals are, perhaps a close up?
One does seem like a big bird.
2 seem like pipes and the two short ones I thought were vases, one is open on the top and looks like a water pipe but the holes don't go through and the other short one is closed at the top, it looks like it has openings but they also don't go through (except one tiny hole that would keep it from exploding when it was fired.) The finish looks burnt like a pit firing process. The clay seems redish.
Bb, FF
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 am

Pipes! Of course. Vase or cup? Ever see the Mexican witches market vids? don't know if you could spot something similar.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to Member Announcements and Updates