*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Immortality question

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Immortality question

Postby Thedragon1229 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:56 pm

ive always wondered if wicca or magik could give immortality ive also been curious about magik or wicca i guess im a little bit of a sceptc at times but im more curious then ever plus not being tired or hungry or need sleep sounds cool i know living longer then my loved ones might be the worst part of it but i dont see it that way its being around for them is what matters more to me then anything else
Thedragon1229

Re: question

Postby barker » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:30 am

Immortality can be as right as embodying one's Higher Self and still be alive.
Can be as wrong as "oh no, they died."

I suppose that is a suggestion of it's own: "I trust me."
barker

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:32 am

Hi and welcome to you thedragon. How 'bout dropping a line into introductions :) ?
A little bit skeptical you say? How about a whole heap? IMO there's nothing about physical immortality to say a body won't get tired-hungry-sleepy-injured again and again and again. Alchemists chase their philosphers stone. Wicca's a nature religion & witchcraft works within the laws of nature. Nature is really cool.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Silas Nightfall » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:55 am

Wicca is a nature based religion. Use it to your advantage. Optimize your food and daily routines naturally and you could diminish your needs. But I don’t believe that’s hat you are after.

You are already immortal. The body is only temporary and isn’t you. It’s just a corporeal vehicle.
Silas Nightfall

Postby barker » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm

SpiritTalker wrote:IMO there's nothing about physical immortality to say a body won't get tired-hungry-sleepy-injured again and again and again. Alchemists chase their philosphers stone.

Yes, an alchemist has to accept the all and everything, past present and future, to do their work happily.
Silas Nightfall wrote:You are already immortal. The body is only temporary and isn’t you. It’s just a corporeal vehicle.

Anyone who remembers truth and reflects on self is properly immortal in the spiritual sense.

I don't think the physical connotation "immortal" makes much sense. More like "I honour thee who gave me." A way of saying, you can't kill the light - which is spiritual anyway.
barker

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick