*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

How do you use magick in your every day life?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Re: How do you use magick in your every day life?

Postby Ashrend » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 pm

I daily practice with energy, or nearly every day. I drawn pentagrams in the air invoking the elements and practice moving them and with them. Grounding centering and shielding are easy to do as well anywhere without anyone looking at you like your weird.
Ashrend

Postby EveningWithAstaroth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:16 pm

I thought of something else.

I try to practice intuitive abilities daily, especially I get a lot more practice in when I offer readings for others.

Also I am going to try and make it a once a month habit to take a relaxing bath with bubble bath and rose petals or other herbs. Next month I plan to take a trip to the natural foods store and pick up some herbs that give moisture to add to my shampoo and conditioner. Perhaps I'll leave some over for drawing a bath and make it a monthly relaxation ritual.
EveningWithAstaroth

Postby missbelladonna » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm loving this thread. I'm so inspired. It also helped me realize that I've kind of been doing magickal things without knowing it, so now I can put intention into it.

For example, I drink tea every day. I use natural and herbal skincare. I always put on my essential oil diffuser and salt lamp before bed.

Some things you guys have inspired me to start doing is saying a prayer before bed and doing a small meditation. I just remembered I have a book full of meditation ideas. I'm looking for some pretty crystal jewelry too. I could use some vitamin D, so I'm going to try to get more sun every day.
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
missbelladonna

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:34 am

This may seem a bit off the magical intent of your question, but still applies to daily practices of our beliefs & could apply to magic as well as religion. I'm reading G.Krasskova's book of spiritual practices Northern Tradition for the Solitary Practitioner in which she mentions another book Six Ways of Being Religious by D.Cannon & she summarized the ways as:
.Way of Sacred Rite - finding religious meaning through personal rituals
.Way of Right Action - living your values through your decisions & daily actions
.Way of Devotion - establishing a balanced relationship between surrender & autonomy
.Way of Shamanic Mediation- altered states of consciousness for wisdom, incl. divination
.Way of Mystical Quest - contemplative experience of divine relationship
.Way of Reasoned Inquiry - study of your belief's truth-insights (my note: i.e. magical realities)
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby tourennatrix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:34 pm

I've started discretely pulling on the powers of runes. This morning before class I flipped through my reference book and found a rune that had a property of "knowledge" and inscribed it on the bottom of my wrist. Later in the day, I checked my grades and I had gotten a near perfect score on a test I did not feel at all prepared for! I plan to do something similar for when I'm out driving in the snow storm tomorrow and when I begin exercising, to protect my previously injured shoulder. (This of course being no substitute for being excessively careful in both scenarios ;)
tourennatrix

Postby Lady_Lilith » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:43 am

I do a lot of candle spells with sigils, crystals, and herbs. I try to take negativity away or cleanse etc. Do them almost daily. I spirit work on a daily basis. So I am always doing something.

When I have no creativity I cast spells to help good people and bring more positivity into the world. Heal, banish, cleanse... Etc. I have been trying to do this more on a daily basis. I also want to bring more fairness and justice into the world.

Likewise, been working on the green witch path so I spend time growing plants.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Previous

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick