*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

How Do You Cast a Circle?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Re: How Do You Cast a Circle?

Postby nightshroud » Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 pm

how does one know if your deity is there??
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
nightshroud

Postby firebirdflys » Wed May 03, 2017 12:15 am

You should be able to sense a shift of some sort, could be real gentle and subtle or it could be a gust of wind, a warm feeling or a cool feeling like goosebumbs.
I call the casting, creating sacred space, and the taking down, releasing the circle or sacred space. So rather than dismissing deity or other helpers, they are thanked and released..."go if you must, stay if you can, you have our blessings and thanks" working with cooperation rather than domination. Buts that's just my opinion.

Mental circles are a good practice and another great way to worship "in your mind and heart"

Bb, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby nightshroud » Thu May 04, 2017 6:10 pm

I did the mental circle while I was watching t.v is that fine
nightshroud

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu May 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Depends on why you cast the circle. As practice, or exercise, sure it's ok. As a sacred space ... Who is it welcoming or honoring?
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby nightshroud » Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 am

well its welcoming the elements ( and) Gaia and pan
(it's) exercise until I can muster the courage to cast my real one again for you see my are always a bit crooked...0-o
that's why.
nightshroud

Postby Lenea » Mon May 22, 2017 9:53 am

I visualize a circle of light widen into an energy ball from the center of my heart, and I also visualize my hands creating it's shape.
Lenea

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Supposedly casting a circle is to create a space set apart from, yet within, the mundane world. I think of it as a clean-room that is environmentally controlled for best results. Basically you raise energy and draw a circular barrier with it. The raising and channeling/directing of energy is something you have to practice until you really physically can feel it. It is not imaginary by any means, though we use the imagination to move it.

We lay down an energy barrier as we walk the circumference. By just our feet being in contact with the ground it creates an contact energy trail. Keep walking and pulling energy up and through you, giving it a purpose with your intention. Imagine pouring it back on top of the ground from your hand until you can feel it building up, then stop where you started. Pulling energy through you in this way mixes your energy and the Earth's energy together. That's a sacred thing. It's different from just a projected wall of electro-magnetic energy. You and the Earth share it's creation. The space contained within has been set aside & sanctified by this brief union. That's how I think of it anyways.

The elements of nature Air, Fire, Water and Earth (or the Spirits of the Land itself) are asked to sustain the barrier and watch over the proper functioning of energies to keep things balanced.

The energy barrier is noticeable. It can become quite warm inside a circle until the energy you've raised is purposefully released; and by accidentally breaking the circle it can drop the temperature quickly. Just patch the break by redrawing it energetically in the same direction that you'd originally cast.

When all your work is done, and the energy has been released to target, thank the quarters (& deity) and state the task is done. Dismantle the circle by walking thru it, and grounding it, or rewind by walking in reverse and reabsorb the psychic energy or ground it.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Previous

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft