*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM


How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.

How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby Nandi Strm » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Hello, I have the ability to see into the future but the problem is I can't do it all the time. I tried meditating but can''t get myself to do so as it is very hard. :/ is there any recommendations to make my psychic abilities stronger please?
Last edited by Kassandra on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: No need to bold all your text, actually makes it harder to read on a cell phone, clumps all the letters together. Thanks
Nandi Strm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:23 am

You can learn to meditate if you relax and let go of what you think it is supposed to be. If you ever day dream, that's like meditating. It does not have to be hard to do. If you want to aid your natural clairvoyance, you will benefit from some quiet time. Just breathing with no other expectations for five minutes at a time is a start. And you already know how to breathe, right? :D

Any exercises that help you to ground and center will also help clairvoyance. You could look into remote viewing techniques too. There are no shortcuts. If it was easy, everybody and their brother and their brother's dog would be doing it :lol: . And how you think about it will make a difference: it's not so much making the ability stronger as it is changing yourself to be more sensitive and open to the ability you already know you have.

You might find a divination form that you can work with...cards, runes, staves, cowrie shells, dice, crystal or water scrying, and pendulums are some methods. You can practice every day and these are all portable. And tea leaf or coffee ground reading can be done any time you drink some of these. If you use your imagination you'll think of several ways to use your ability at any time. The more you use it the easier it becomes. You can invent "guessing" games for yourself to practice with.
User avatar
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:51 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby firebirdflys » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 am

Good stuff there SpiritTalker :fairy:
I know one of the things that makes people think meditation is hard is because they are trying to empty their brain. Make it still quiet and void...The brain isn't really wired to not think. So toss that idea out. Instead count breaths or listen to the sounds around you and try not to make any meaning of what you hear. Just listen, when the brain starts trying to figure out what you are hearing, stop that thought and go back to just listening. Soft music can help facilitate that.
By the way ...would you please swing by the intro section and let us know a little bit about yourself?
Bb. Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
User avatar
firebirdflys
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 7460
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 12:03 am
Location: So. Cal.
Gender: Female

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby Kassandra » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:02 pm

.


You don't have to answer here if you don't want to, and perhaps could view this as a rhetorical question to generate self-reflection. But if you do post an answer here, I think it would make for a good discussion, and perhaps others might share their reflections, as well. But, I can't help but wonder why, in the first place, you think you must see into the future (precognition) "all the time," and that not practicing precognition all the time represents a "problem" of some sort? What drew you to these conclusions, I am wondering? Is there a image you have of "what a good psychic should be like" that is putting you under this kind of pressure, or are you comparing yourself to someone you have seen before (real, or on a fictional show in the media)? From where does this derive?

I think using the "claires" is great, and wanting to strengthen them is your right, no doubt. In answer to your question of how to do that, I would recommend playing psychic "guessing games," as SpiritTalker mentioned, and I have some described in my "Metaphysical Basics" forum in the members' blogs area of the board (I think). I am versed in not only the big five, but as a synesthete, you could probably double or triple or quadruple that number as part of my regular experiences. Add to that a mediumship ability. But, haha, thank Goddess I don't do any of these things "all the time"! I consider that a blessing. Geez, I would go nutty! These abilities really only pop up when I "need to know" something, like really good or really bad things. Otherwise, I get nothin'...and I'm perfectly OK with that, lol.

I think it's important to honor the fact that there are times in this life to be present, in the moment, not doing psychic stuff, but grounding oneself in order to share life with friends and loved ones, or take care of mundane responsibilities like visiting the doctor, going to the bank, etc. I don't do anything "all the time." It's good to shut it off. For example, world-reknown British medium, Lisa Williams, puts a hat on to signify to the spirit realm, "OK guys, enough's enough for today. It's my time now. No more messages until tomorrow. I'm clocking out now, so leave me alone. Talk to you later." You see her do this at the end of the show she used to have (do a YouTube search, there were a few episodes posted there at one point). I think this is a good example of having good boundaries with the metaphysical stuff. I tried to express that in the "Find Balance" post linked in my signature line, below.

I'm interested in your thoughts on all this, but again, if you don't want to answer, it's understood. Thanks.



.
:fairy: bling ~ Have a magical day, now ~

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
User avatar
Kassandra
EUTM Support
EUTM Support
 
Posts: 3533
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:42 pm
Location: Terra, Sol III, Milky Way Galaxy
Gender: Female

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby Nandi Strm » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Kassandra wrote:.


You don't have to answer here if you don't want to, and perhaps could view this as a rhetorical question to generate self-reflection. But if you do post an answer here, I think it would make for a good discussion, and perhaps others might share their reflections, as well. But, I can't help but wonder why, in the first place, you think you must see into the future (precognition) "all the time," and that not practicing precognition all the time represents a "problem" of some sort? What drew you to these conclusions, I am wondering? Is there a image you have of "what a good psychic should be like" that is putting you under this kind of pressure, or are you comparing yourself to someone you have seen before (real, or on a fictional show in the media)? From where does this derive?

I think using the "claires" is great, and wanting to strengthen them is your right, no doubt. In answer to your question of how to do that, I would recommend playing psychic "guessing games," as SpiritTalker mentioned, and I have some described in my "Metaphysical Basics" forum in the members' blogs area of the board (I think). I am versed in not only the big five, but as a synesthete, you could probably double or triple or quadruple that number as part of my regular experiences. Add to that a mediumship ability. But, haha, thank Goddess I don't do any of these things "all the time"! I consider that a blessing. Geez, I would go nutty! These abilities really only pop up when I "need to know" something, like really good or really bad things. Otherwise, I get nothin'...and I'm perfectly OK with that, lol.

I think it's important to honor the fact that there are times in this life to be present, in the moment, not doing psychic stuff, but grounding oneself in order to share life with friends and loved ones, or take care of mundane responsibilities like visiting the doctor, going to the bank, etc. I don't do anything "all the time." It's good to shut it off. For example, world-reknown British medium, Lisa Williams, puts a hat on to signify to the spirit realm, "OK guys, enough's enough for today. It's my time now. No more messages until tomorrow. I'm clocking out now, so leave me alone. Talk to you later." You see her do this at the end of the show she used to have (do a YouTube search, there were a few episodes posted there at one point). I think this is a good example of having good boundaries with the metaphysical stuff. I tried to express that in the "Find Balance" post linked in my signature line, below.

I'm interested in your thoughts on all this, but again, if you don't want to answer, it's understood. Thanks.



.


I want to be able to have a high level of understanding and ability to have psychic powers because I have depression and I need to know if things will be all right for me. Due to me being depressed, I can't focus well when I'm meditating and I constantly worry about the future. I admit I do get a little jealous sometime when I hear others experience with mediumship. I wonder if I have any worth compared to these people sometime. I usually forget that feeling as awful as I usually do. I don't have a psychic idol but the people I came across is what I aspire to be. I want to learn so much about myself and the world I live in. I want to know the truth about everything I can know and handle. You don't know how hard it is to not jump out of a window when you can't do something you really wish you could do.

But yeah, that's basically what's behind the question on how I can strengthen my abilities... I thank you for reading and being curious including questioning why I felt this way.
Nandi Strm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 pm

We can only walk our own path, and build with what we have within us. We will learn the exact same lessons as someone else on some other path that looks more accomplished or more glamorous from where we are, but is just as tough and demanding from where the other guy stands looking at us.

It amazes me how many people with psychic ability also suffer depression. The "Clairs" don't seem to be a golden pathway to bliss. Psychic ability is NOT an indication of inner wisdom.

Understanding ourselves and strengthening our core/will can have more to do with self esteem, with that sense of knowing we can handle what life throws at us, than psychically seeing the pitch when it's tossed.

One tiny way to begin strengthening the core/will is to focus attention on the chakra associated with orange first (just below the naval), and then add yellow (solar plexus) to begin manifesting change. If you find a chakra chart you'll see the areas I mean. If you can't visualize, then use a chart to gaze at with your eyes for 3-4 minutes a day while gently patting the areas on your body to stir them, first orange, then yellow. Then rest your hands folded on the solar plexus and breath into your belly for another couple of minutes, just comfortably. It doesn't sound like much, but tiny exercises get the job done.
User avatar
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:51 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby Nandi Strm » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:16 pm

SpiritTalker wrote:We can only walk our own path, and build with what we have within us. We will learn the exact same lessons as someone else on some other path that looks more accomplished or more glamorous from where we are, but is just as tough and demanding from where the other guy stands looking at us.

It amazes me how many people with psychic ability also suffer depression. The "Clairs" don't seem to be a golden pathway to bliss.

Understanding ourselves and strengthening our core/will can have more to do with self esteem, with that sense of knowing we can handle what life throws at us, than psychically seeing the pitch when it's tossed.

One tiny way to begin strengthening the core/will is to focus attention on the chakra associated with orange first (just below the naval), and then add yellow (solar plexus) to begin manifesting change. If you find a chakra chart you'll see the areas I mean. If you can't visualize, then use a chart to gaze at with your eyes for 3-4 minutes a day while gently patting the areas on your body to stir them, first orange, then yellow. Then rest your hands folded on the solar plexus and breath into your belly for another couple of minutes, just comfortably. It doesn't sound like much, but tiny exercises get the job done.


I have measured my chakras before with my own hands by looking at a video. I think I can do this. :)
Well, I didn't know a lot of people with these abilities, suffer depression. That kinda amazes me too. I thought everything was different for everybody but I guess it's different and same when it comes to living life.
Nandi Strm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:18 am

If you get a chance to read some more of the topics here, depression comes up quite often. Many seem bit by that bug.
User avatar
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:51 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby Nandi Strm » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 am

SpiritTalker wrote:If you get a chance to read some more of the topics here, depression comes up quite often. Many seem bit by that bug.

I'll do my research , :flyingwitch: thanks. :D
Nandi Strm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: How do I strengthen my psychic abilities?

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:46 am

These are excerpts from Getting Started:
getting-started-t34769.html

GROUNDING

Grounding is a term that refers to Earthing the energy body to stabilize us, which is basic maintenance as it is the main energy-source we channel for our work. Grounding plugs us in to our power source. It's being in touch with the pulse of Earth. Whether standing or sitting be aware of your feet. Or visualize your spine extending from your feet or the tail-bone into the Earth like a tap root on a tree, sinking into the ground to absorb nutrients and vitality on the inhales, as well as to carry away distress and anxiety on the exhales. If it's easier to see the roots going down from your feet, or a shaft of light then do it. You control your visualization.

CENTERING :serpentrune:

Visualize centering as locking in your position in time and space in the Here & Now like the GPS, Global Positioning Satellite mapping triangulates to pin down your physical location. Imagine the vertical line of the energy body extending along the spine reaching both as high as it is deep. This automatically combines grounding with centering in the same exercise. Then imagine a horizontal latitude line going left-to-right intersecting the 1st in the belly. Then add a longitude line passing through the others going front-to-back. All 3 lines connect at your center and move around with you. This positioning helps us to accurately direct the taproot energy we've raised.

Experiences vary. You might experience your connection at the abdomen or the chest. Women often sense theirs closer to their abdomen, and men closer to their chest. You are already familiar with this location. Recall a time when you've been startled suddenly and felt like you dropped into your gut or felt punched in the chest. You momentarily have all your senses on defense alert. You've just pulled your power within you. That's where your energy body connects to the physical counterpart. In meditation we can work from the same space. When we're not startled we know it as a quiet, still space within ourselves. We naturally pull our power into ourselves when we center.

HEART TEMPLE EXERCISE

The Heart Temple is an astral realm thought-construct to develop visualization skills and psychic sensitivity. It forges a path to communicate with your true-will aka "higher self" consciousness. The will expresses through the heart center & visualization thru the 3rd eye, so it aids these as well. The symbolism is meaningful to the subconscious. Nine is a number related to the triple moon and psychic sensitivity. Don't worry if the whole visualization doesn't flow. Aim for the ideal. Practice.

The temple can be any style you want. Your imagination will provide the images. You can put as much detail into it as you like such as texture & color variations, light and shadow plays. Your imagination gets to come out and play.

Relax and deep breathe for a few minutes. Then visualize ascending nine steps to enter a temple. The only furnishing is a flame. Your imagination will design it. Go along with it.

Focus your imaginary gaze on the flame, and will it to raise higher and lower on command.

Do this nine times. Then return the flame to it's maintenance level.

Depart the temple by descending the nine steps. Return to your ordinary surroundings and ground your energy.

I've found that the Heart Temple will remain with you for your life, always available & always beneficially effective.
User avatar
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:51 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female


Return to Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests