*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

How do I go about learning on my own?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

How do I go about learning on my own?

Postby hoorayfordying » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:04 am

This is proving to be difficult. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
hoorayfordying

Re: How do I go about learning on my own?

Postby corvidus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:09 am

What books have you read recently?
corvidus
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Xiao Rong » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:52 am

Have you checked out our Witchcraft 101 guide?
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:35 am

Make good use of your intuition to feel the natural energies and see with your spirit-eyes. Go for a walk outdoors in all kinds of weather and different seasons. Observe Nature in your area, right where you live your life. Mom nature is not confined to forests, the sea and the wild. She is right here.

Plenty of websites offer Wicca overviews. Get a calendar with the new and full moons noted, or print out a list. These are good meditation and ritual-times, so feel their energy in you. These would be perfect dates for outdoor walks during the day. Make a list of what you are interested in knowing..."everything" won't work. Get down to it, then tackle the subjects one at a time. Read about that subject for a week a month or what is comfortable and gives results. Get a cheap notebook & make notes. Then move to the next topic. See above posts. Ask questions, we like questions. What kinds of difficulties are you having? Break stuff down. Believe me, I have to dumb stuff down to their core to help me learn anything new!

The basic stuff every witch has to grasp is grounding, centering, energy manipulation. Read about them from many sources until it clicks. And all of it is visualization so learn to work with your skills and limitations in imagining. Invent games to entertain your mind so you can practice...like what color will the next car be that crosses the corner? Imagine it, then check if you're right. What color will X be wearing today? Imagine it, etc. These little games exercise the psychic muscles. Or you may already be past that, but you get the idea, I hope.

If you need "stuff" collect it from Nature and things already on hand. You will change how you do things 100 times, so hold off buying frenzies, and then...go to thrift shops first. Recycling is good. Always wash purchases to remove cooties/former energies.

Some basic tips to avoid trouble are, 1. Always close what you open, (contacts, doors, meditations, chakras), 2. Never summon something you don't know how to send away, 3. Cleanse before using, 4. Always put a time limit on any pledges you make...you can always renew, but cannot cancel a pledge. You are obligated to fulfill your word, 5. Learn to protect your energy.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft