*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Hobbies: I Just Started Playing D&D

Got a joke; A weird story? Like to travel? Like Games or quizzes? Well this is a place for that.

Hobbies: I Just Started Playing D&D

Postby corvidus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Hey. I just started playing Dungeons and Dragons with my cousin and little brother. It's such a sweet game!

I am Asmod, the Tiefling Warlock! The greatest weapons enchanter known! Haha.

Anyone else play? Cause I want to talk about how I've killed an owlbear.
corvidus

Re: Hobbies: I Just Started Playing D&D

Postby CleverlyDisguised » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:04 pm

I am Alysira, Devourer of Muffins and Destroyer of Villages... I also happen to be a Drow Cleric/Shadowbane Stalker who is devoted to lolth
CleverlyDisguised

Postby smogie_michele » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:42 pm

My brother just recently into D&D and he cracks me up with it.
I told him that I was interested in playing with him and he sternly said, "No, D. This is serious. I don't have time for you to fool around."

As much as I would have loved to gotten into it (cause I'm a giant nerd and it sounds like something I'd be all about), none of my friends are into. Even if they were, we would never have time for it together.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions! I am here to help.
smogie_michele
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SnowCat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 pm

CleverlyDisguised wrote:I am Alysira, Devourer of Muffins and Destroyer of Villages... I also happen to be a Drow Cleric/Shadowbane Stalker who is devoted to lolth

Ooooh! A dark elf! A dark elf who likes muffins. That's even more interesting than Drizzt or Jarlaxle.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby Yex » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:31 pm

I played a lot of D&D when I was younger, but I haven't played in years. I'm trying to get back into it, but it's hard because I don't know anyone who plays who lives near me. I could join some random group, but I feel like Dungeons and Dragons is more fun when it's with people whom you know intimately. I've tried to get some long-distance skype campaigns going with my brother and some of our mutual friends, but nothing has manifested yet.

corvidus wrote:I want to talk about how I've killed an owlbear.

I recently created an owlbear character, believe it or not. He's a druid. But as indicated above, I haven't been able to use it yet. All dressed up and nowhere to go.
love is the whole and more than all
Yex

Postby IsaacIcarus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:10 am

I love D&D! A friend of mine actually wrote their own system, it's called Beathouse. We had so much fun testing it out for them over the years.
IsaacIcarus

Postby corvidus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:31 am

Yex wrote:
corvidus wrote:I want to talk about how I've killed an owlbear.

I recently created an owlbear character, believe it or not. He's a druid. But as indicated above, I haven't been able to use it yet. All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Ha nice. I thought about rolling a druid, but I was more inclined towards the warlock at the time.

But this is my first time playing it, so if my tiefling dies I'll probably re-roll a different race. I'm starting to realize I don't much like roll-playing the cynical, half-infernal type personality. It's fairly boring and just leads to fighting with everyone haha.
corvidus

Postby MamaMagpie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:39 pm

I play with my cousins! Though I am a 3.5 purist :p

Telemain Krasskova (yes I got the name from the pagan author) aka Telemain D'Orien (his birth name)

3 levels Swashbuckler
3 levels Warlock
2 levels Acolyte of the Skin prestige class

Chaotic Evil but when the fate of the world is at stake, well, he lives in the world too. He also has a really long backstory that I won't go into right now lol
MamaMagpie

Postby RyukaAscendant » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:23 pm

MamaMagpie wrote:I play with my cousins! Though I am a 3.5 purist :p

Telemain Krasskova (yes I got the name from the pagan author) aka Telemain D'Orien (his birth name)

3 levels Swashbuckler
3 levels Warlock
2 levels Acolyte of the Skin prestige class

Chaotic Evil but when the fate of the world is at stake, well, he lives in the world too. He also has a really long backstory that I won't go into right now lol

3.5 is really good but Pathfinder is what 4.0 should have been. Hint; it's made by the creators of 3.5 after Wizards did some restructuring and they left. Also 5.0 is the next step I'm interested to see where it leads because it opens a few doors.
Child of Gaia;, student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
RyukaAscendant

Postby Wolf » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Dammit I did it again...That was my post and Telemain is my character *head desk* Though Magpie plays a Teifling Dread Necromancer.
Wolf

Postby RyukaAscendant » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:42 am

Lol it's cool. I grew up with my older brother playing with his friends but he is 10 years older so I was never able to play much with him. Luckily I attract the weird and the nerdy to me so I've been able to play a few games. But nothing long term they've either fallen apart due to time issues or in a couple cases drama.
Child of Gaia;, student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
RyukaAscendant

Postby binxyhollow » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:43 am

I've always wanted to play it, even got the game. But got no friends to play it with so I'm selling it

fire and flames
binxyhollow

Postby planewalker » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Time for you all to get jealous. I took gamemaster classes from Gygax and Blume. At first you had to be vetted to G.M. so you could take characters from game to game. It was real big on collage campuses and military bases. It was a mobile group of people. We used the original booklets, soft cover, 5 x 8 inch ,the 1st 3 "Men and Magic"," Monsters and Treasure" & " Out doors Adventures" and Supplements - Greyhawk, Blackmoor and Eldrich Wizardry. Soft cover and the first ones had a typo - trolls was spelled trools. I've got an autographed set in my safe deposit box and a set that I still run the occasional game with. A lot of the GM job was to be a story teller and to keep the game flowing.
planewalker

Postby Yex » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:36 pm

^Woah! So cool, Planewalker! I'm thoroughly impressed.
love is the whole and more than all
Yex

Postby corvidus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Haha super happy there's quite a few of us on here that play.

planewalker wrote:A lot of the GM job was to be a story teller and to keep the game flowing.

The DM I'm playing with does a good job at this. Haha, our last session it just so happened that [we the players] had to listen to 3 NPCs argue over some random-ass thing. It was both hilarious and vital to the campaign story-line.
corvidus

Next

Return to Fun things