*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Help with a symbol

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Help with a symbol

Postby L.J.Hex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:57 am

I was warned about this symbol, that its something terribly powerful and should not be used without care. Its been ages since I drew it on anything, I'm not very familiar with it. I had information about it, but that was lost with my now broken laptop and its been ages since, I do not remember what exactly it is about.

I usually don't mind such warnings and I use symbols which resonate and feel right for what ever purpose I need them for. In my opinion, symbols only have power and meaning given to them and that's a matter of interpretation. But this intrigues me, I'm searching online and so far coming up with nothing.

By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
L.J.Hex

Re: Help with a symbol

Postby L.J.Hex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:11 am

Ok, I think I'm starting to get on right track now.... But why did this person warn me about using this?

EDIT:
Seal of the moon, how could have I forgot about this?
L.J.Hex

Postby SnowCat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:38 am

I don't believe that symbols are innately good or evil. I believe that they have whatever power you give them by your intent
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby L.J.Hex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:01 am

Snowcat, that is exactly what I think too. I'm just curious now, why should I not use the seal of the moon? Or be very careful with it? I wonder if this person was just trolling... Its just interesting, what's so evil about planetary seals anyway? They're as powerful as any other symbols. And that person gave an impression that some(?) entity might be pissed off badly if that symbol is used carelessly, which I think is just hogwash. Unless of course the symbol is used to conjure unpleasant entities of course which is something I wouldn't touch.
L.J.Hex

Postby SnowCat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:16 pm

It's been my experience, that if you are not absolutely clear in your intent, things can get ugly. It's possible that the person warning you, had a bad experience, and because of that, views the symbol as inherently dangerous.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby L.J.Hex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:24 pm

SnowCat wrote:It's been my experience, that if you are not absolutely clear in your intent, things can get ugly. It's possible that the person warning you, had a bad experience, and because of that, views the symbol as inherently dangerous.

Very likely.

Poking around with powerful things without clear intent or knowing what to do seems to easily open doors for unwanted influence and nasty entities. I could tell a story or several about such mistakes... Messing up with things better left alone, or not knowing how to deal with protection etc. :roll:
L.J.Hex

Postby L.J.Hex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Ok, second try. Weird stuff doesn't end, my computer just completely crashed, sound, monitor, everything...

Anyway, I was going to say that the conversation with the person "warning" me about that symbol went on. She came back and pretty much attacked me saying that I do not know what I'm dealing with and what not. Gave me the feeling that she wasn't with good intentions at all after a while. All I got from it was that the only one offended was her. I'm yet to be attacked by angered spirit as I drew a symbol "wrong" using colors instead of black only. It seemed that was her issue.

Something felt wrong about the whole conversation. Since then, I've had this weird feeling of pressure on my throat (chakra?). I'm familiar with this feeling, I get it when ever someone is having a discussion with me and is holding a grudge, dislikes either me or the subject or is thinking about causing harm...

The good side here is that one lady came to defend me and even did a blessing without asking because she too felt like this person doesn't have any nice things in mind. And we started talking with that lady, turns out she's really awesome person. :D How interesting ways life has, an argument with obnoxious person turns out into finding a new friend.

If drawing symbols "wrong" like this makes me find awesome new friends, I'll be drawing more. The seal of the moon just became one of my favorite things. Now I wont ever forget what it is. :mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Postby SL » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:51 am

L.J.Hex wrote: Since then, I've had this weird feeling of pressure on my throat (chakra?). I'm familiar with this feeling, I get it when ever someone is having a discussion with me and is holding a grudge, dislikes either me or the subject or is thinking about causing harm...

Nice that you can read people's minds too, we've got here me and stormofwind that confessed to this thing so far.
We are all mental magicians whether we accept the responsibility or not, blessing and cursing each other by thoughts linked with emotions directed at those we think of.

Throat contains the thyroid gland, in my language we call it the shield gland, therefore it might be the initial point of defence to be disrupted by an attack. Here's some biology: https://www.powerofpositivity.com/5-thi ... r-thyroid/

Looking at the symbol you posted actually makes my throat go thick.
Energy of the symbol is strong and I'd be rather not willing to explore it further as I'm enjoying a brief moments of relative peace in my life.

S.L. MacGregor Mathers said in his foreword to the Key of Solomon the King that he had to filter out the Solomonic lore such as Lemegeton (I think) to get rid of sigils of evil and "various" spirits. I still found some disturbances in the remaining pentacles he left in his book.

You can get yourself magical correspondences that are like cooking books - recipes without any background. You can filter it by your intuition, experience, or by reading some historical lore were you can get some correspondences read between the lines, stories will offer lesser arsenal but you will be aware of the background.

Blessed be,
Cheers
SL

Postby L.J.Hex » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:55 am

Read minds? I hope I could. :D Or then, maybe not. But I do often sense things about people.

Thanks for your input. :) I just woke up, I can't think straight, coffee needed first.
L.J.Hex

Postby RavenClaw » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:47 pm

L.J.Hex wrote:I was warned about this symbol, that its something terribly powerful and should not be used without care. Its been ages since I drew it on anything, I'm not very familiar with it. I had information about it, but that was lost with my now broken laptop and its been ages since, I do not remember what exactly it is about.

I usually don't mind such warnings and I use symbols which resonate and feel right for what ever purpose I need them for. In my opinion, symbols only have power and meaning given to them and that's a matter of interpretation. But this intrigues me, I'm searching online and so far coming up with nothing.

Hello,"When I saw the seal, I felt I just had to look it up in my reference books.

One book, "The Element Enclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols" said this about seals in general.

"Magical seals are used in invocations, to bind or otherwise harness the power of an entity or spirit. A seal is a sort of signature for the spirit and the understanding of it by the conjuror is akin to knowledge of a name.

There are dozens and dozens of such symbols, many of them listed in grimoires such as The Lesser Key of Solomon or Lemegton Clavicula Solomonis that was compiled in the seventeenth century from much earlier sources. Curious and decorative, these seals are used in ritual magic, often in conjunction with amulets." pg 461

In my other book, "The Secrets of High Magic vintage edition" by Francis Melville, mentions how to make talismans (starts on page 120) to connect with the planet, in your case the moon. According to the book,if you were to make a talisman, timing is everything. For the moon, it's on Monday then you need to calculate the hour of the moon. The seal is drawn in yellow (the complimentary colour) and the main colour is purple.The planetary seal is to be drawn on top of a kamea (magic) square that's appropriate for the planet. A moon talisman, if made correctly, is for matters relating to clairvoyance, sleep, dreams, emotions, astral travel, imagination, women's mysteries, birth and reincarnation.

I haven't made any talismans and how to make one is more involved than what I posted here. If you're planning on doing this, then I recommend getting the book. If a talisman is made incorrectly, I believe it won't do a thing.

I hope that helped.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
RavenClaw

Postby L.J.Hex » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Hey thanks ravenclaw! That is very interesting, quite close to what I've read on how to use it. I really would want to find more in depth information as the moon seal clearly "resonates". Btw, just yesterday I was practicing sigil drawing using magic squares, the seals can be used in conjunction with them as a sort of energy regulator or as a way to stop the sigil from doing its thing. Very interesting subject. Search continues...
L.J.Hex

Postby RavenClaw » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:41 pm

L.J.Hex wrote:Hey thanks ravenclaw! That is very interesting, quite close to what I've read on how to use it. I really would want to find more in depth information as the moon seal clearly "resonates". Btw, just yesterday I was practicing sigil drawing using magic squares, the seals can be used in conjunction with them as a sort of energy regulator or as a way to stop the sigil from doing its thing. Very interesting subject. Search continues...

You're most welcome and I hope you keep us updated on your research. :flyingwitch:
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
RavenClaw

Postby L.J.Hex » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:11 pm

I will.... This whole deal made me even more interested into incorporating magick squares, sigils and planetary seals into my craft. :) I want to try these things out.
L.J.Hex

Postby MizLynn3 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:04 am

This topic is fascinating. I haven’t worked with those things before. Although I did do something last year that may be considered a seal.

It just popped into my head n I had to do it. I find it comforting to look at.
Sorry for the broken glass. I just moved n the frame broke.

What do you guys think it means?
MizLynn
Last edited by firebirdflys on Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
MizLynn3

Postby firebirdflys » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:36 am

MzLynn that is really nice!, it looks like a mandala, inspirational art work! Not sure it has a meaning except to you perhaps, but the inferred 4 sides makes me think of the 4 directions. The jagged edges seems like a kind of protection.
That too bad the glass broke but that is an easy fix eh?
BB, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Next

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick