*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

HELP-------where2start

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

HELP-------where2start

Postby saianalyd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:36 am

I would like to know 2 things

1) how to start doing spells and practicing magic,. what spells should i try first? How do I use them? Ya know, stuff like that

2) My mother would not want me doing magick (though my dad would not mind at all) and my sister would make fun of me. I don't really want them to know.....which spells are discreet
saianalyd

Postby moonlit » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:50 pm

I would sujest protection spells to be your first spells of practice.

The most discrete spells I know of would be natural or elemental magic spells because most of them dont even have to have words at all. you can just use will and visualization if you want and most of the needed items can be found right in your home and yard.

moonlit
**Nothing is set in stone**
moonlit

Re: HELP-------where2start

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 am

I think it helps to take time to learn how to ground yourself & how to raise & project concentrated energy before leaping into spells. It' builds confidence. Then check out spells that use ordinary items as tools like stone stroking & 9-knot & sigils. All that's used is a plain stone or piece of twine & rhyme, pen & paper. They are adaptable to any intention. Good first-time spells would be self-cleansing showers, home protection boundary stones, health-charging food & drink, shielding spells on clothing, guidance spell on shoes & rememberance spells on books, consecrating & charging talismans. It's all energy work & no special materials.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby barker » Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 am

Write down on a piece of paper, with a good pen "I want (whatever your desire is)", then sign the piece of paper, and then burn it. And voila, you are doing magic! :flyingwitch:
Last edited by YanaKhan on Thu May 16, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please reread the forum rules.
barker

Postby Silas Nightfall » Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm

I would say a good start would be the following

Creating a sacred space
Casting a circle
Centering, grounding and shielding

After that, it doesn’t matter. Just start. If it’s too complex, try something simpler.

One thing you can do is learn what various sigils do and use them. They can be placed discreetly too.
Silas Nightfall

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick