*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Hello Palefaces!

Re: Hello Palefaces!

Postby planewalker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:06 pm

I still have a question up from 11/9/17. Where are you people that thought this was a good idea. Do you all {except Spirit, Thank you again for your support Spirit} have the attention span of three year olds after a can of Jolt. If I don't get a couple replies I'm just going to shut it down. Spirit and I can just converse by PM. It's easier. I can devote the time to my private practice. There are people out there that need all the help I can give.
Be a Bandage on a Suffering and B!eeding World.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Postby RyukaAscendant » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm

planewalker wrote:Opinions please - In dealing with a society that is old but stagnant, like they had there imaginations surgically removed, is it ethical to try to jump start that quest for advancement. A shaman can "hear" me. I'm of two minds of what I should whisper in his ear. Sociologically they seem like an old civilization. Well developed language that is uniform across the groups I can find. Well developed rituals that are also uniform and spread across wide areas. They are technically stuck in place. What would you do?
So this is from the opinion of someone who grew up in scouts and has been welcomed by a few into the community.

It is your culture but it is also your religion treat it as such and welcome new blood of all colors. Teach it and welcome others into the circle.
I was taught to dance the old southern style, and I've been asked by blooded natives what tribe I am. All I can say for certain is Celtic. I never say that I only ever say i don't know, my mother's step father never spoke of his heritage. But there are people like me who the spirits call to. In the circle as I've danced I've felt them guide my body.

Also within the culture is a hatred of the whites, which is completely understandable. But their education of your ways relies on openness of culture. The laws are gone that restricted the old practices.
These are just a few things I've observed. There are other issues internally within the tribes that keep some things from becoming a unified front against the white washed history of America.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
RyukaAscendant

Postby planewalker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Ryuka, Thanks for the input. The question was focused on my planewalking experience. I found a plane that has an interesting conundrum. A society in stasis of a seeming long interval. I'm torn between letting them stay in a state they seem happy in or trying to institute change I think would be good for them. I guess it boils down to a right to "play god". The decision is daunting. I know I alone will make it but, contrasting opinions will be helpful in double checking my feelings about, or possible prejudices I may carry about, it.
There was a great deal of intermarriage between Native Americans and the Scots/Irish on the frontier circa 1700-1825. There were not a lot of records kept that survived. AmerInd heritage would not be surprising. I suppose you could take one of those genetic tests that seem popular now. I've no idea how pricey they are. Being new and popular they are probably being milked for all they're worth and maybe a little more.
I'm probably not fanatical about the mistreatment of the AmerInd, even though I do carry some of the genes and am proud of the heritage. I find it more to be a teachable moment to introduce the reality of history. I guess I try to do that about many phases of history.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Postby RyukaAscendant » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 pm

planewalker wrote:Ryuka, Thanks for the input. The question was focused on my planewalking experience. I found a plane that has an interesting conundrum. A society in stasis of a seeming long interval. I'm torn between letting them stay in a state they seem happy in or trying to institute change I think would be good for them. I guess it boils down to a right to "play god". The decision is daunting. I know I alone will make it but, contrasting opinions will be helpful in double checking my feelings about, or possible prejudices I may carry about, it.
There was a great deal of intermarriage between Native Americans and the Scots/Irish on the frontier circa 1700-1825. There were not a lot of records kept that survived. AmerInd heritage would not be surprising. I suppose you could take one of those genetic tests that seem popular now. I've no idea how pricey they are. Being new and popular they are probably being milked for all they're worth and maybe a little more.
I'm probably not fanatical about the mistreatment of the AmerInd, even though I do carry some of the genes and am proud of the heritage. I find it more to be a teachable moment to introduce the reality of history. I guess I try to do that about many phases of history.
As far as the society goes if all are happy with their lot and they are not in danger, live and let be. But I'm also likely to quote the prime directive from star trek lol.

If there is a desire for change though, that is a difficult conundrum since you've already broken the idea of non interference. But your interference may have no lasting effects if you don't interact much.

As for the local native populations in the area there is a wide mix but many follow a very christianized view of the old ways. I'd love to learn more of the old ways personally, but not many around are open about them if they know them fully.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

RyukaAscendant

Postby planewalker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm

It can be a closed society as a reaction to white oppression. Even being instructed in Medicine as a child didn't give me a full education. I didn't get that until I lived that way full time for a few months. It was an experience I'm glad I had. The only harder thing I ever did was make it into the 75th Ranger Regiment. Both were worthwhile, maybe because they tested my talents so well.
I don't think what I've done so far would have any effect on the society. I've just introduced myself and asked about the needs of the people. I didn't even give directions to game herds though that would have been easy and cemented my hold on him. I didn't want to chance having someone eating better then they would have or have people going left when without me they would have gone right. I've said hello. Yes your doing fine. That may have caused change, but I don't want to try to second guess that far. I'd end up chasing my tail on a hamster wheel.
planewalker

Postby RyukaAscendant » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 am

planewalker wrote:It can be a closed society as a reaction to white oppression. Even being instructed in Medicine as a child didn't give me a full education. I didn't get that until I lived that way full time for a few months. It was an experience I'm glad I had. The only harder thing I ever did was make it into the 75th Ranger Regiment. Both were worthwhile, maybe because they tested my talents so well.
I don't think what I've done so far would have any effect on the society. I've just introduced myself and asked about the needs of the people. I didn't even give directions to game herds though that would have been easy and cemented my hold on him. I didn't want to chance having someone eating better then they would have or have people going left when without me they would have gone right. I've said hello. Yes your doing fine. That may have caused change, but I don't want to try to second guess that far. I'd end up chasing my tail on a hamster wheel.
I'd leave them be, observe at most until an understanding is found and go about life if there's a decent balance.

I envy anyone who's had a guide to teach them. I'm still stumbling around trying to find my way 10 yrs in with barely a clue of what's really out there.

RyukaAscendant

Postby planewalker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 am

Ryuka, Drop me a PM if your interested. PW
planewalker

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 pm

planewalker wrote:question up from 11/9/17. Where are you people that thought this was a good idea. Do you all {except Spirit, Thank you again for your support Spirit} have the attention span of three year olds after a can of Jolt

Ummm, dude, we don't move at jolt speed around here. (Haha as much as we would like to or imagine that we do) That's only five days. Perhaps the OP should stay off the Jolt?!
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby planewalker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm

FBF, Until I supplied a jolt there were lots of looks but most of it was Spirit and I having a PM fest. Got people engaged and willing to put there 2 cents in. He!!, it yanked your chain. The unflappable Firebird {pun intended, I'll use low humor to keep this going} caught by a publicity stunt to increase interest. Maybe we'll even get some cross talk going. I'm going to get this out of Shamanism {which is close but no cigar} where it doesn't belong and make it a section of different pages of different topics that stands alone. I will use anything it takes. A good set of what would have been something better died in mental heath on me. Not happening again if I can help it. I will kick, scream and throw things at you. Yes you. You too, hiding over there. Don't think I can. Stick your 2 cents in. I'll even take one cents worth of your ideas. That means all of you. This is interactive. Oh, I know what it is you either don't have the courage of your convictions. Maybe you don't have the intelligence to have an opinion. Yeah! Same to you. Don't swear at me. Write something !!!
planewalker

Postby planewalker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Actually Firebird - Thank You. Before you gave me the patience jab I was going to fight it. Spirit - 10 Firebird - 2 Ryuka, after threat 3 FFBjab. You do the math.
planewalker

Postby RyukaAscendant » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Honestly at first I was kinda confused whether this was supposed to be open or not... I didn't initially respond because paleface has generally been an insult I've heard from the community.

RyukaAscendant

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

I don't do math
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby planewalker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 am

Sorry Ryuka, like I told Spirit - click bait. It's the same way I can do Polish jokes - My wife's maiden name is Glogowski. Firebird I'll say it then Instead of using math, though I hate to admit weakness of any kind. It gets somewhat depressing when I'm trying to make an interesting topic and have little response. That may be because it takes away time from the private practice I've set up here. You know me. I'm really serious about it because I feel it's the most important thing I'm doing right now.
planewalker

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 am

PW you'd originally mentioned chronicling your walks. Have you, or anybody else here, bumped around the ISS? Or are your walks mostly within the astral?
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby RyukaAscendant » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am

I saw, it was after that that I started posting.

RyukaAscendant

PreviousNext

Return to Shamanism