*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Greetings from Seidkonacat

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Greetings from Seidkonacat

Postby seidkonacat » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi, I'm Seidkonacat (but just Cat or Konacat is fine--it usually ends up being shortened on forums). I'm mainly a pagan who works with the Norse tradition, and have been dabbling in various traditions and practices for the past 5 years.

My special devotion is to the Norse goddess Saga. If I had to identify myself as a particular "type" of pagan, call myself a heathen instead of Asatru--not that I dislike Asatru and in many ways identify closely with it, but it is too restrictive and regimented for my tastes. I am a solitary pagan, and some (though certainly not all) Asatruar frown on that, but I have to do what I'm most comfortable with. If I wanted to be a part of a tightly-structured, hierarchical religion, I would still be an Episcopalian, the religion I grew up with as a child.

My father's side of the family is Italian, so I am also interested in Religio Romana and Italian witchcraft/paganism.

I even dabble in pop-culture paganism from time to time, and while Wicca/eclectic witchcraft isn't NORMALLY my thing, I find much of it beautiful and a few Wicca-or-elcectic-pagan-esque things (circles, correspondences, etc) will sometimes make their way into my rituals and spells.

Four weeks ago I lost someone very close to me, and it has thrown me into much closer contact with my spiritual side than I have had before. That is why I decided to join this forum.

I'm about to graduate college this summer with a Bachelor's degree in History with a focus on medieval studies, and a minor in Graphic Design. I like cats, obscure movies, cooking, online rps, reading, drawing, writing, and sculpting. It's nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to exploring this forum. :3
seidkonacat

Re: Greetings from Seidkonacat

Postby Vesca » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 pm

welcome :)
Vesca

Postby -Dark-Moon- » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:08 pm

:fairy: It's very nice to meet you too, Seidonacat. Look forward to seeing you on the boards, Welcome. :flyingwitch:
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
-Dark-Moon-

Postby seidkonacat » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:31 pm

-Dark-Moon- wrote::fairy: It's very nice to meet you too, Seidonacat. Look forward to seeing you on the boards, Welcome. :flyingwitch:

Thank you very much! This place seems very open-minded, unlike other pagan forums I've tried to be a part of (I won't name names because I don't like drama). I think I'm going to like it here. :3
seidkonacat

Postby Echo_of_shadows » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:30 am

Nice to meet you, Seidkonacat. I like your screen name. I hope you like it here. :)
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт
Echo_of_shadows

Postby seidkonacat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:18 am

Echo_of_shadows wrote:Nice to meet you, Seidkonacat. I like your screen name. I hope you like it here. :)

Thank you very much, I think I really will. I'm already dipping my toes in (as it were) and it feels like a really open, inviting place.
seidkonacat

Postby BelliaArian » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Nice to meet you cat and welcome! :flyingwitch:
"If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon."
BelliaArian

Postby syngerin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, Seidkonacat! It's nice to meet somebody who knows Saga; although I do not worship any particular goddesses or gods, my work as a storyteller makes me feel really connected to her 'field' :)
syngerin

Postby seidkonacat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 pm

syngerin wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum, Seidkonacat! It's nice to meet somebody who knows Saga; although I do not worship any particular goddesses or gods, my work as a storyteller makes me feel really connected to her 'field' :)

Hello to you too! I think I can understand that. There's a reason her name is synonymous with "story". It's cool that you're a storyteller. Of any particular tradition?
seidkonacat

Postby Holdasown » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:42 am

Hello
Holdasown

Postby Alura Noel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Welcome :)
Alura Noel

Postby syngerin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:49 pm

seidkonacat wrote:Hello to you too! I think I can understand that. There's a reason her name is synonymous with "story". It's cool that you're a storyteller. Of any particular tradition?

Not particularly, I write mainly fantasy, although I used to write a lot of poetry in the past:) Unless you were talking about my "spiritual" writing, in which case I write a Tarot journal and a Moon Wishes journal for the New Moon - not very artistic, I'm afraid :D
syngerin

Postby MysticDreamFaerie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Hello & Welcome to the Forums! :flyingwitch:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
MysticDreamFaerie

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions