*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Greetings from Aust!

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Greetings from Aust!

Postby smash089 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Hello!

My name is Ashley, I'm 22; and I'm on my year and a day journey into Wicca and found this lovely forum full of you wondrous people. (I'm in awe of all of you)

I've always been alittle bit "witchy" so to speak, as a child. Always pretending to do spells and I always thought I could see through the eyes of another if I concentrated. But going through high school I lost my touch as social aspects of life and schooling clouded my mind.

I recently had a calling on Halloween (yes I know right) to delve deeper and study the craft. I found myself reading Scott Cunningham's "Wicca for the solitary pratictioner" and it's making a lot of sense to me - I'm loving it. Which has brought me to post; id love to connect with some more people and chat about Wicca and the craft and honestly make some good friends and learn some things from you guys :)

I hope you all are well and I'd love to chat!

Blessed be xx
smash089

Re: Greetings from Aust!

Postby SnowCat » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Welcome. Being the recipient of a calling on Halloween is certainly auspicious. I know what you mean about life, social attachments and such getting in the way. But it seems the calling always continues.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby AdastraJunction » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:11 pm

Cheers! We all hope you enjoy it here.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member

Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Postby Sakura Blossom » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's very nice to have you here and I look forward to seeing what you encounter during your journey! (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Sakura Blossom

Postby smash089 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:28 am

Thank you! :3
Honestly, getting a overall feeling that I should pick my books back up on Samhain is rather special too me, sounds kinda cliche reading it though, but I do believe everything happens for a reason, reading more into it, it just seems right :)

I really wish I studied further and didn't disconnect; but I'm back and really enjoying my spiritual path into the craft. There's nothing else I've ever felt more positive about.

You are all so kind, thank you for having me with open arms!
I look forward to discovering and learning more with you guys & ultimately having a few like minded people to chat with and converse about this path we've chosen. :)

Which brings me to ask; are you all mostly northern hemisphere?
smash089

Postby smogie_michele » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:59 pm

Welcome, welcome! I had a brief disconnection with this path as well, but I think it just showed me that this path truly is for me in the long run. I hope you enjoy your stay!
I'm personally northern hemisphere, but there are people from all over the world here :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
smogie_michele

Postby smash089 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:08 am

[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] I agree, I feel the same way.
Coming back to it, I feel so much more at peace with my life and my direction I want to take it, it's brought me so much clarity into some of the things I do and pick up on.
But thank you! I'm so glad you're all so friendly :)

Oh yay! [WHITE SMILING FACE]️ I have read that pagan/Wicca is mainly northern hemisphere so I'm really interested to learn how we work our sabbats and esbats down under compared to you guys up there. It's something I keep coming back too. But I'm sure there is a thread here somewhere about it?

B.B xx
smash089

Postby Adiens » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:51 am

smash089 wrote:I've always been alittle bit "witchy" so to speak, as a child. Always pretending to do spells and I always thought I could see through the eyes of another if I concentrated.

I did the same as a child. I even had a cauldron, which was just a bucket. Welcome and nice to "meet" you :)
Adiens

Postby Winter Wind » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:34 am

Hi!
I hope you'll enjoy being here :D

smash089 wrote:how we work our sabbats and esbats down under compared to you guys up there

Well, some follow the northern hemisphere, and some follow the nature's cycle here. It really depends on what you prefer.
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
Beethoven
Winter Wind

Postby smash089 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Adiens wrote:
smash089 wrote:I've always been alittle bit "witchy" so to speak, as a child. Always pretending to do spells and I always thought I could see through the eyes of another if I concentrated.

I did the same as a child. I even had a cauldron, which was just a bucket. Welcome and nice to "meet" you :)

It's so intriguing to figure out that it wasn't just silly child's play like everyone (in my family/friends) thought it was, I also used to love watching the moon and making shapes out of the dark spots, and always have had a thing for spirits/ghosts. I never had a cauldron though, wish I thought of that!! Potions where fun to make :P lol it's really fun learning more into it and it's kinda proving that I'm on the right path for myself. Thank you @Adiens :)

Winter Wind wrote:Hi!
I hope you'll enjoy being here :D

smash089 wrote:how we work our sabbats and esbats down under compared to you guys up there

Well, some follow the northern hemisphere, and some follow the nature's cycle here. It really depends on what you prefer.

Thank you @Winter Wind
I think I'm going to follow our natural cycle as that just feels right, and having mabon in spring just doesn't sit well with me, lol. Although I don't believe Samhain and Beltane should be switched which is kinda putting me back alittle. Samhain has such energy about it in oct; I don't know if Beltane in oct would be the same lol

BB xx
smash089

Postby Winter Wind » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Yes, October/November tend to have a darker energy, at least I feel this way. :D
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
Beethoven
Winter Wind

Postby Myrth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Welcome! Glad you found us!
Myrth
Myrth

Postby Echo_of_shadows » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:17 am

Welcome aboard. :D
We do have a couple of posts regarding the Southern Hemisphere: Southern Hemisphere Sabbats and Esbats? and Southern Hemisphere- Seasonal or Traditional?
You might find more Southern Hemisphere Pagans in the Meet Others - Networking Pagans, Witches, Wiccans section. If you don't find a helpful post there, why not make a new one? ;)
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт
Echo_of_shadows

Postby Vesca » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Welcome :)
Vesca

Postby smash089 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Echo_of_shadows wrote:Welcome aboard. :D
We do have a couple of posts regarding the Southern Hemisphere: Southern Hemisphere Sabbats and Esbats? and Southern Hemisphere- Seasonal or Traditional?
You might find more Southern Hemisphere Pagans in the Meet Others - Networking Pagans, Witches, Wiccans section. If you don't find a helpful post there, why not make a new one? ;)

Thank you! It's hard to navigate around on my phone! Lol I can't find the boards through my app! I didn't even know there was a "meet" board :O
smash089

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions