*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Getting Started

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Re: Getting Started

Postby nightshroud » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 am

To me it comes from the heart as long as you can put your heart and soul into it the gods will listen. (That) makes for an easier connection with them, because the gods don't want you to try and be like others. they want you to be your wonderful self.

Mother Gaia blessed us with individuality why not use that? nothing wrong with you I went down that road. The gods love you for you. :D

Blessed be your day and hope you find this helpful.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Punctuation, readability.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
nightshroud

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Yup. Being truly ourselves is the core of having a personal WCraft practice.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue May 30, 2017 9:19 am

[]
nightshroud wrote:I read on consercration but still confused
[/quote]

The basic idea is to clean the item to get road dust and unwanted psychic energy off from it. This is traditionally done with fire and water. Then you make a statement to the spirit of the item that it will be used for the purpose of x (fill in the blank). Then ask your deity's blessing. And you charge it.

There are variations because, of course, nothing a pagan ever does has only one way to do it :roll: The standard cleanse is done with fire and water, the two forces that shape the Earth, if you you think in terms of eons.

An altar tool is an unintelligent chunk of matter (housing a wee bit of universal spirit) until you imbue it with your magical will, and give it's purpose to the spirit within the thing. You always spell things out clearly in magic, so everybody knows what the intent is.

If you regularly work with the five elements of air, earth, fire, water and spirit, then you add an introduction to each element after the cleansing & statement of purpose. You touch the item with each symbol of all of the elements: sprinkle it with some salt or garden soil for earth, and fume with smoke or fan the item or blow on it for air, and hold it above the candle flame for fire, and sprinkle it with water for water; and for spirit you draw a pentagram or equal-arm cross + on it with a finger dipped in oil (these are Signs of the Craft).

The last step of consecration is to ask the blessing of your deity. Short and sweet is better than long, flowery, tongue twisting speeches.

Sometimes, like when you only own one tool, or don't regularly work with all of the elements, the tool can be introduced just to the one single element that it represents. For example, a wand represents air so it could be cleansed, dedicated to the purpose of directing your magical will, then fanned or blown on for air as a way of awakening it, and finally blessed in the name of deity.

The standard tools used in Wicca each represent one element of Nature:
Earth-pentacle, Air-wand, Fire-flame (or blade), Water-cup, Spirit-bell.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:09 am

RITUAL FOR CRAMPED SPACE
for when you are pinched for everything
(non-Wiccan)

When your practice is confined to a small working space, & you have nothing at all to use for your ritual, or you just like simplicity, use gestures to express your intent. No tools or candles, no water or incense is used, but the cleansing steps will be carried out by intention through gestures.

Stand where the center of the circle would be, facing north. Ground and center. To cleanse yourself and your aura, do the see-hear-speak no evil hand gestures placing the hands over the eyes, ears and mouth. (This will dispel negative energy.) If you like to use words, say something like: "I see no evil. I hear no evil. I speak no evil. All about and within me is harmony."

Next, shape the sacred space. Still standing in the center spot, facing north & turning a slow circle, point your index & middle fingers to direct your energy to the circumference, pouring forth the energy from within you. You might say, "Round and round and round about. All good in, & all harm out! As I turn the circle's cast, a place between and holding fast."

Evoking your deities is quite personal, and the words should come from the heart. Greet and welcome them by name. Hand-to-heart gestures can express the feeling, with a bow from the waist. If you aren't working with a deity, then silently bow to Nature.

Next, remain in the center location but you will turn a full circle, using a gesture of hand-to-heart and a respectful nod to each quarter, in order N-E-S-W & return to N. "I call Earth the power to grow. I call Air the power to know, I call Fire the power to Go, I call Water the power to flow."

When that is done, you can anchor yourself by Imagining a vertical line right up your spine going both above your head, and anchoring below your feet, as deep as it is high. Then link to the quarters by visualizing a horizontal beam of light extending in front of and behind you, outward from your middle. It forms the north/south axis. Then imagine another beam of light intersecting the others through your center and making the east/west axis. You now stand at the cross-roads, cleansed, centered, balanced and complete, and ready to address your purpose.

You can slip right into meditation here, spell work or divination is done next, as applicable. Raise, charge & release the Cone.

In place of the thanksgiving food offering, pledge a simple service within your means (clean up after the dog, wash the dishes, empty all the waste baskets and take out the trash, pull weeds, etc.). "I have no food or drink to hand, instead I offer what I can. I will X."

Finally you announce the rite is completed, thank and release the powers. "Our rite is at an end; it is my wish to thank you friend. Go if you must, stay if you will, with ever peace between us still."

Standing in the center spot, ground the circle's energy as a gift back into the Earth. Raise your arms straight above your head, then slowly lower you arms out to the sides & straight down as you visualize the circle sinking into the earth. And you're done.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SpiritTalker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 am

FULL MOON RITE

Have a cup or bowl of plain water in which you will catch the Moon's reflection. Moonlight is all the blessing that it needs. This will later become your offering. Have your journal near by for recording. Center & Raise anergy as usual.

Use the moon charged water to cleanse and cast your circle as usual, but call to features of the Moon light at each quarter rather than calling the elements themselves, and call on the Moon Goddess alone.

Speak softly, under your breath, so as not to disturb the Night.

Earth: I call to the Light of the Moon to guide and guard my path
Air: I call to the Light of the Moon to inspire my mind
Fire: I call to the Light of the Moon to ignite my spirit
Water: I call to the Light of the Moon to refresh my soul

I welcome you Lady of the Moon, Selene, daughter of the Titans Hyperion and Theia, stainless Lady of the Night. May it please you to attend and bless my rite.

Then go on with a simple meditation in Her powerful light.

When your meditation ends, write about it in your journal as an offering to show Her you value the experience, whatever it is.

Then take a sip of the moon charged water in gratitude. No speeches. Do this in reverent silence. Pour out some as offering to the Earth and leave the rest outside until animals drink it or it evaporates and the spirits have consumed it.

And when you're done thank her in your own words and release:

Stay if you will, go if you must
May it always be with love and trust

The rite is ended.

Ground and dissipate the circle.

MEDITATION

1. Outdoors, on any moon lit night, regardless of the Moon's phase and even if it's cloudy as the Moon is still present: Stand or sit facing the moon haze. Imagine the Moon's hazy white light is surrounding your head and shoulders as if you wore a hoodie of soft, white Cashmere wool. Imagine this light flows into your energy body, and throughout your whole body. Allow about 10 minutes then just let the excess flow down and out through your feet to ground you. Record your experience.

2. On a clear night, stand outdoors in the direct path of the full Moon's light. Focus your awareness on your own energy-body, which is slightly larger than the physical body-space you occupy. Focus your awareness outward to the edges of your space. Sense the moon light and notice how it feels. Then pull your awareness from the edges of your space along with the moon light, and draw back into your center point. Rest within your center and commune in silence. The Moon is linked to psychic energy and 10 minutes of communing will do. You may experience some dizziness so don't over do it. Ground your energy body when you finish. Record your experience.

3. Sit down. This can make you dizzy. Stare at the moon. Blink as needed. Just keep your gaze on the moon. Let yourself go with the light. To return, think firmly of your body where you sit. Ground yourself. Record your experience.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Previous

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft