*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Getting Started

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Re: Getting Started

Postby nightshroud » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 am

To me it comes from the heart as long as you can put your heart and soul into it the gods will listen. (That) makes for an easier connection with them, because the gods don't want you to try and be like others. they want you to be your wonderful self.

Mother Gaia blessed us with individuality why not use that? nothing wrong with you I went down that road. The gods love you for you. :D

Blessed be your day and hope you find this helpful.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Punctuation, readability.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
nightshroud

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Yup. Being truly ourselves is the core of having a personal WCraft practice.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue May 30, 2017 9:19 am

[]
nightshroud wrote:I read on consercration but still confused
[/quote]

The basic idea is to clean the item to get road dust and unwanted psychic energy off from it. Then you make a statement to the spirit of the item that it will be used for the purpose of x (fill in the blank). Then ask your deity's blessing. And you charge it.

There are variations because, of course, nothing a pagan ever does has only one way to do it. :roll:

An altar tool is an unintelligent chunk of matter (housing a wee bit of universal spirit) until you imbue it with your magical will, and give it's purpose to the spirit within the thing. You always spell things out clearly in magic, so everybody knows what the intent is.

If you regularly work with the five elements of air, earth, fire, water and spirit, then you add an introduction to each element after the cleansing & statement of purpose. You touch the item with each symbol of all of the elements: sprinkle it with some salt or garden soil for earth, and fume with smoke or fan the item or blow on it for air, and hold it above the candle flame for fire, and sprinkle it with water for water; and for spirit you raise it to your heart, or draw a pentagram or equal-arm cross + on it with a finger (these are Signs of the Craft).

The last step of consecration is to ask the blessing of your deity. Short and sweet is better than long, flowery, tongue twisting speeches.

Sometimes, like when you only own one tool, or don't regularly work with all of the elements, the tool can be introduced just to the one single element that it represents. For example, a wand represents air so it could be cleansed, dedicated to the purpose of directing your magical will, then fanned or blown on for air as a way of awakening it, and finally blessed in the name of deity.

The standard tools used in Wicca each represent one element of Nature:
Earth-pentacle, Air-wand, Fire-flame (or blade), Water-cup, Spirit-bell.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:09 am

RITUAL FOR CRAMPED SPACE
for when you are pinched for everything
(non-Wiccan)

When your practice is confined to a small working space, & you have nothing at all for ritual, use gestures to express your intent. No candles. No salt water is sprinkled or incense used, but the cleansing steps will be carried out by intention through gestures and sound. Purse your lips & whistle the Navy's 3-tone piping aboard call through your lips. A food offering is not mandatory. You can pledge to perform a service of kindness later. Keep your promise, so keep it doable, of course.

Stand where the center of the circle would be, facing north. Ground and center. To cleanse yourself and your aura, do the see-hear-speak no evil hand gestures placing the hands over the eyes, ears and mouth. (This replaces sprinkling salt water to dispel negative energy.) If you like to use words, say something like: "I see no evil. I hear no evil. I speak no evil. All about and within me is harmony."

Next you need to form the shape of the sacred space. Still standing in the center spot, facing north & turning a slow circle, point your index & middle fingers to direct your energy to the circumference, pouring forth the energy from within you. You might say, "Round and round and round about. All good in, & all harm out!"

Next, remain in the center location but you will turn a full circle, whistling at each quarter, plus above and below, or use a bell if you have one. Then add a gesture of hand-to-heart and a respectful nod to each. Sound cleanses and awakens. Facing the directions acknowledges each. The realms of "above & below" represent the realms of the gods above, and the lands of the underworld spirits below.

When that is done, you can anchor yourself by Imagining a vertical line right up your spine going both above your head, and anchoring below your feet, as deep as it is high. Then link to the quarters by visualizing a horizontal beam of light extending in front of and behind you. If you are male, see it expanding out from your heart-area, and if you are female expand the beam outwards from the navel-area. It forms the north/south axis. Then imagine another beam of light intersecting the others through your center and making the east/west axis. You now stand at the cross-roads, cleansed, centered, balanced and complete, and ready to address your deity.

Evoking your deities is quite personal, and the words should come from the heart. Greet and welcome them by name. Hand-to-heart gestures can express the feeling, with a bow from the waist. If you aren't working with a deity, then silently bow to Nature.

Spell work, meditation or divination is done next, as applicable.

In place of the thanksgiving food offering, pledge a simple service (walk the dog, wash the dishes, empty all the waste baskets and take out the trash, pull weeds, etc.). "I have no food or drink to hand, instead I offer what I can. I will X."

Finally you announce the rite is completed, thank and release the powers. "Our rite is ended, and I thank you for your kind presence. Go if you must, stay if you will, with ever peace between us."

Standing in the center spot, ground the circle's energy as a gift back into the Earth. And you're done.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Previous

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft