*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Ganesh

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.

Ganesh

Postby stormofwind » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:16 am

Somebody want me mediate with this?
to get greater insight.. I don't believe in this..
Just a higher power..
For me I don't like any these gods or deities.
stormofwind

Re: Ganesh

Postby Lady_Lilith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:40 am

I am not sure what your exact question is about Ganesh.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby stormofwind » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:08 pm

I basically don't believe in it..
I go my own way on what I believe..
stormofwind

Postby Lady_Lilith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Ok. But what does that exactly have to do with Ganesh? Belief is not always a requirement.

Perhaps the gods are merely expressions of this higher pow. Have you read about Brahman?
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:54 am

:evilwitch:
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:47 am

Just think about the historic fact that all indigenous cultures have recognized multiple god-forms. What is there in human nature that perceives deity(s)? Meditate on that. Some people picture deity as a diamond with many facets, or as a single apple seed holding thousands of apple trees within itself.

The way people depict a god-form like Ganesh tells you what they know about that god. Some images of Ganesh show an elephant reading a book - some show an elephant joyously dancing as light as a feather. What's the image telling us about Ganesh? Not that this god-form is an actual elephant but that he has the strength & power to overcome all obstacles like we'd see in an elephant in the wild. The image of an elephant reading a book says this god-form uses knowledge & not just brute strength. And the joyfully dancing elephant shows spiritual rejoicing as the source of the knowledge & strength to overcome obstacles. There are other ways to interpret them of course. I'm just using these as an example since you used it yourself.

It's not a requirement that Wiccans think alike. Witchcraft recognizes diversity.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to Gods/Goddesses