*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Siona's Free Books!

If you have pagan-related items you'd like to sell or trade, you can post them here. Books are in their own category.

Siona's Free Books!

Postby Siona » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 pm

So I have a lot of books that I don't really ever use anymore. They're not bad books, but a lot of them just aren't relevant to my current practice, and I'd much rather see them go to someone who'll read them instead of have them sit around getting dusty. (Plus, frees up some shelf space for new books! ;))

So I'm giving these away for free, but I do ask that you pay for shipping through paypal. If you're interested, PM me with which one(s) you would like, along with your zip code, and I'll calculate the exact shipping cost.

I'm working through all my shelves in small batches, so I'll be updating this list with more books over the next week or two. I think all of these books are listed on Amazon for details on what they're about, but feel free to ask any questions about content or quality of the book.

• Wicca Candle Magc, Gerina Dunwich
  • Notions and Potions, Susan Bowes
  • A Witch's Grimoire, Judy Ann Nock
  • Practical Candleburning Rituals, Raymond Buckland (Book is a bit beat up, but not falling apart. Interesting candle magic book that gives both a pagan and a Christian version of each type of spell.)
  • The Herbal Alchemist's Handbook (Sort of a mix of Astrology and herbalism.)
  • A Time for Magic, Maria Kay Simms (Good book for those who are really interested in astrological timing of spells, hourly associations, and so on.)
  • A Year of Ritual, Sandra Kynes (Wiccan Sabbat and Esbat rituals for both groups and solitaries.)
  • Festival Feasts, Kristin Maddens (Cookbook with a lot of Sabbat and Esbat themed recipes.)
  • Sabbat Entertaining, Willow Polson (All sorts of crafts, decorations, and recipes for the Sabbats.)
  • Llewellyn's Magical Almanac for 2010 (Yeah, the almanac itself is pretty out of date, but it's loaded with articles, essays, recipes, and so on that are still useful, so I figure it couldn't hurt to add it and see if anyone's interested.)
I sing of you, blessed, night-winged Dream, Messenger of things to come, greatest prophet to mortals, in the quiet of sweet sleep you come silently and speak to the soul.
Siona

Re: Free books!

Postby Pinkpower_80 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Do you still have all of these available?
Pinkpower_80

Postby Siona » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Yep!
I sing of you, blessed, night-winged Dream, Messenger of things to come, greatest prophet to mortals, in the quiet of sweet sleep you come silently and speak to the soul.
Siona

Postby Pinkpower_80 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 pm

Hmm ok, cool! I will come back with a list of the ones I want. This is very generous of you!

I know I want The Herbal Alchemists Handbook
Pinkpower_80

Postby brythonicwitch » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:56 am

Would you ship internationally or is it US only?
Only when the last tree has died
And the last river has been poisoned
And the last fish has been caught
Will we realise that we cannot eat money

)O(

Welsh Witch and proud of it :)
brythonicwitch

Postby Siona » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Quick update on availability:
I won't be able to ship anything from Sept 1st to sometime in October since I'll be traveling. So if you see something you want, now's the time. ;) I will be adding more books and shipping again when I get back, though.

brythonicwitch wrote:Would you ship internationally or is it US only?

I can ship internationally if you get payment to me before the 19th of next week, and then I can ship out the books sometime between the 21st and the 23rd. Or, alternatively if payment can be sent before the 27th, and I can ship out on the 29th. I can only ship internationally on limited dates because my post office here is horrible, 30 minute wait in line every single time I've been in there, so I only do international shipping on days when I'm going out of town and drive by another post office.

International shipping can get expensive fast though, but if you want something PM me and I can figure the exact cost.
Siona

Postby Sheyene_Cripe » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:04 pm

I would be interested
Sheyene_Cripe
Banned Member

Postby Siona » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Send me a PM with what you're interested in, and your zip code.
Siona

Postby Siona » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:23 pm

All these books are still available, if anyone's interested in them! (I can't ship outside of the US until later this month, but no problems holding books until then if you don't mind the wait.)
Siona

Postby Ravenstar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:56 am

Are you still giving away books? :flyingwitch:
Ravenstar

Postby Siona » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Yes, all the listed books are still available except for Sabbat Entertaining, A Year of Ritual, and Wicca Candle Magic,
Siona

Postby Ravenstar » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:04 pm

I am so sorry. I can't get the book. Blessings :flyingwitch:
Ravenstar

Postby onyx208 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Oooh, I'm interested in Practical Candleburning Rituals. Can you tell me more about it if it's still available, and how sending works?
onyx208

Postby Siona » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Yeah, that one is still available. Like I said, it's a bit beat up, but still perfectly readable. It begins with some tables of associations, like western astrological signs and the colors associated with them, days of the week and colors, suggested symbolism for colors, then briefly discusses how to prepare for the spells, how to dress candles, and that sort of information. The real bulk of the book is in the spells themselves, they cover a variety of subjects from love, healing, uncrossing, divination and all sorts of other things. Each spell is given two versions, a Christian version that usually involves a Bible passage or Christian influenced prayer, as well as a version that is a good bit more neo-pagan in nature.

Shipping is pretty simple, I just need your zip code to calculate the shipping cost (private message me with it), which then has to be paid through paypal - I'm not able to take any other form of payment at this time. When I get payment I'll ship out as soon as I can (in a box or bubble envelope, depending on how many books one wants), usually no more than a week after getting the shipping cost covered. Shipping outside of the US is a bit costly and takes me longer, but I am willing to do it.
Siona

Postby onyx208 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:46 pm

I am in the US. That book sounds amazing and right up my alley. Zip is 93436. I don't have a PayPal because I'm changing banks at the moment so it might take me until next week to work it out. is that okay?
onyx208

Next

Return to For Sale or Trade