*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Fire God

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.

Fire God

Postby GroundedDancer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:19 am

Is there masculine/male fire god with an affinity/like for earth elements?
GroundedDancer

Re: Fire God

Postby Siona » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Wait, for fire, or for earth? Quite a few for either, but if you're asking for gods of fire you might look at the Greek Adranus, Hephaestus, or the Roman Vulcan. The Etruscans had a similar deity to Hephaestus, named Sethlans. Japan has Kagu-tsuchi, Kojin, and I believe a few others. In Hinduism there is Agni. Just a few, there are other fire gods in other pantheons, I'm sure.
I sing of you, blessed, night-winged Dream, Messenger of things to come, greatest prophet to mortals, in the quiet of sweet sleep you come silently and speak to the soul.
Siona

Postby Lady_Lilith » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:44 pm

There's 3000+ gods in the world, I am sure there is. But I, too, am confused by this topic.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby Corbin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm

As said, blacksmith gods. However, like Cauldron Goddesses their purviews harness all the elements, certainly fire (Heat) and earth (Material) but bellows (Air) and quenching (water) to take raw materials and make something new (spirit).

So I would cautiously add Gofannon (Welsh) / Goibniu (Irish) / Gobannus (Gaulish), Weyland and Tubal-cain (both in reference to his biblical place and role in Cochranes craft) to the crucible.

-- unless you mean a male fire Deity which is associated / consort to a female Earth Deity of course?
Corbin

Return to Gods/Goddesses