*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

I Feel Dirty D:

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?

Postby reikihealer83 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:10 am

Ceibhfhionn wrote:I used to be catholic and I still like going to church, usually alone and not for mass thought. I love the envoirment, its so spiritual. the silence, candles, stained glass windows...
i usually light a candle and say a quick blessing, for the people i love, for people i've lost, just as you would say a hail mary for someone or ask god to watch over them
its a quiet place for worship. look at it like that.
and if u have to go to mass, listen to what the priest has to say as a way of information about another religion. knowing other religions helps me to define how i feel about mine. just as you would read about druidry even if youre not a druid, learn about catholicism or islam, theyre all faiths with something beautiful and mystical about them

Wonderfully stated Ceibhfhionn! I find wisdom in all faiths and try to take peices from each of them. It makes us all knowledgable and less likely to put the "my faith is better than yours" card down in my humble opinion.
reikihealer83

Re: I Feel Dirty D:

Postby Brujita13 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 pm

@SMushroom:
I know how you feel. If your going to a Catholic church, you probably have an icon(s) of God/Goddess. Yes, you read that right. Think:
Mary = Goddess/Lady
Jesus = God/Lord
See? If there are other statues, you can come up with other associations/correspondences. Hymns sing praise to God--- but which God? Another thing: Catholic churches have hymns praising Mary (or Goddess). Depends on how you think of these things. Hope you feel better. :-)
In nature there's no blemish but the mind; None can be called deformed but the unkind.
--- Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene IV
Brujita13

Postby Starwitch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:30 am

Acharya S.'s work shows how Christianity is a pagan religion just like all the other similar ancient religions. Jesus is a Sun-God, instead of the "Son of God". Here's a video to explain:

The link below takes you to the long explanation featuring Acharya herself (she's also a friend of mine. You can find her on my Facebook page if you'd like to follow her.):

Long Version featuring Acharya S.

"The Christ Conspiracy" for Dummies (I made that title up). A much shorter (4 min) summary of Acharya's work, made by a fan:

Here's a video similar to the above video, but with three parts and quite a bit longer (close to 30 minutes). This is probably the one I'd recommend to most people.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Postby skyslide » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:43 am

So all know, in the US you have almost all rights of an 18 year old but still count as a minor. Since you have rights of an 18 year old, you do not have to do everything your parents say (though you probably should out of respect). I was told this BY A POLICE OFFICER four days ago. So that you know. =)
skyslide

Postby Ula » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:21 am

A church is simply an inside place to worship. You can honor the god and goddess in your payers while other pray to Christ. If you tell your parents you don't want to go will they grab you and drag you? You are almost 18 try talking to them.
Ula

Previous

Return to Christianity and Other Religious Faiths