*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM


Dual use altars?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Dual use altars?

Postby Silas Nightfall » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:37 pm

I don’t have many free surfaces, much less a proper altar. Would clearing my computer suffice? I ask because I’m unsure whether using it for two purposes would interfere with the Magick. It’s a standard party table about 2’x4’.
User avatar
Silas Nightfall
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby Lady_Lilith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Yes it should. Many people do this.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
User avatar
Lady_Lilith
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: 9th layer of the underworld
Gender: Female

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby Silas Nightfall » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Lady_Lilith wrote:Yes it should. Many people do this.


Thanks!
User avatar
Silas Nightfall
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Just IMO for a set up for meditations & devotions there's nothing disrespectful about having limited work space. Dust & clutter are more problematic to energy flow. For use as a work table for spells some people don't like electronics within a cast circle environment because they feel a discordant energy. Energy gets intensified inside the circle.

Altars are such personal things & their energies reflect us and our intentions. If the altar energy flow feels undisturbed then I'd just go ahead like the computer was a lamp. It's got an off-switch. When I do spells and an indoor circle in my living-room the phone modem's just across the room. No problems.
User avatar
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support
 
Posts: 5179
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:51 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby Silas Nightfall » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:53 pm

SpiritTalker wrote:Just IMO for a set up for meditations & devotions there's nothing disrespectful about having limited work space. Dust & clutter are more problematic to energy flow. For use as a work table for spells some people don't like electronics within a cast circle environment because they feel a discordant energy. Energy gets intensified inside the circle.

Altars are such personal things & their energies reflect us and our intentions. If the altar energy flow feels undisturbed then I'd just go ahead like the computer was a lamp. It's got an off-switch. When I do spells and an indoor circle in my living-room the phone modem's just across the room. No problems.


That’s exactly what I was concerned about and why I suggested clearing the computer off the desk first.
User avatar
Silas Nightfall
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby Nuri » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:15 pm

Some people put up and take their altars down on a daily basis. Before I got my table, I was using the unoccupied side of my L shaped desk as an altar. All I had to do was turn my chair 45 degrees and my altar was there, turn my chair back 45 degrees, and I was facing my computer.

As long as your space is specifically use for the one thing, doesn't matter imo. Once I got my table though, I moved e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to it and now it has it's own, undisturbed space for me to work.. which just feels better for me.
eclectic | crystal hoarder | moon child | gemini sun | libra moon
User avatar
Nuri
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:51 am
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Gender: Female

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby Silas Nightfall » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Nuri wrote:Some people put up and take their altars down on a daily basis. Before I got my table, I was using the unoccupied side of my L shaped desk as an altar. All I had to do was turn my chair 45 degrees and my altar was there, turn my chair back 45 degrees, and I was facing my computer.

As long as your space is specifically use for the one thing, doesn't matter imo. Once I got my table though, I moved e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to it and now it has it's own, undisturbed space for me to work.. which just feels better for me.


Thanks. It works for now, but it’s a bother moving the pc all the time. I’m looking into having someone custom craft me a table of my design.
User avatar
Silas Nightfall
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby Nuri » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:16 pm

Dang, I wish I knew someone who could wood work. I just used a fold out table, threw a cloth over it, and put my altar cloth in the middle.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvYDsLWHYGf/
eclectic | crystal hoarder | moon child | gemini sun | libra moon
User avatar
Nuri
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:51 am
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Gender: Female

Re: Dual use altars?

Postby Silas Nightfall » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Nuri wrote:Dang, I wish I knew someone who could wood work. I just used a fold out table, threw a cloth over it, and put my altar cloth in the middle.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvYDsLWHYGf/


Looks nice and cozy!
User avatar
Silas Nightfall
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 pm
Gender: Male


Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest