*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Dolls and Pixels

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.

Dolls and Pixels

Postby Zili » Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Some of you have used the drag and drop doll makers and others may have made dolls from scratch for those of you who don't know what dolling is, dolling is your basic paper dolls only on the computer. Sometimes people jump into making their own hair, clothes, accessories..etc even bases from time to time. These people are "dollers." and I am one so here's my recent dolls. (I just got back to dolling after 7 months of having a dead computer)
------------------------------------------

So I wanted doll a big head for no good reason other than it looked challenging, so I used a picture of myself (one of me showing off my head circlet from Sherwood Forest)

baseless

Dolled myself a new avatar yesterday after having to buy new clothes this is the top portion of the new brown dress i bought (well new to me i get my stuff mostly from the 2nd hand store cuz its cheap!)

base

A friend recently got me into Steampunk so this was an inspired piece of a possible look for my steampunk character, she's a pirate. However my friend decided we should keep things close to the mark and my character is going to be a Steampunk Native American.

base

This is a little pixel I made for myself as a forum signature on one of the dolling forums I haunt. It was made before my computer crashed.

Zili

Re: Dolls and Pixels

Postby Zili » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:01 am

Michael's birthday gift from last summer june 2010
base

Frida khalo july 2009
base

Mrs. Todd (fem. version of sweeny todd) july 2009
base

My version of Alice from Twilight (i'm a huge fan of Alice lol) nov. 2008
base
Zili

Postby Ravencry » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:18 pm

You do great pixel art!! I wish I knew how, I would love to make emotes.

I never saw these on your dA. Why don't you post them? They are REALLY REALLY good.
Ravencry

Postby Zili » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:44 pm

thanks raven. I have a few on my da like the steampunk one in my first post. I hardly make any dolls or pixels any more :( After my first computer died and i was with out one for months I lost my inspiration (i wasn't allowed to doll on the house computer because it takes 3 hours for me to finish one doll.) the ones I just posted most are on my other website Butterfly Blue click on "etched in stone" to see my stuff

I also have a tutorial under the "resources" link on my part of Butterfly Blue if you want to take a look :) Since I'm pretty good at making graphics and business cards I'm thinking of offering my services as a graphic artist on that site :) but i have to talk to my brother (castle's keep) and my friend autumn (beyond the moon) since they don't use the site anymore.
Zili

Postby EclecticThira » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:22 am

That is sooo amazing! I´m a big fan of you! :D
"If you don't listen, you will not hear.
If you don't look, you will not see.
And if you don't think, you will not know,
what is right and what is wrong."
EclecticThira

Return to Artwork