*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Does the Walker choose the Path, or the Path the Walker?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.

Does the Walker choose the Path, or the Path the Walker?

Postby Drsrh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 pm

I was just reading a series of books by Garth Nix, and this question kept being asked "Does the Walker choose the Path, or the Path the Walker?" I'm inclined to think it's a little of both, but what do you guys think?
These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free.
Drsrh

Re: Does the Walker choose the Path, or the Path the Walker?

Postby Luna Lisa » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:33 pm

What I think is that sometimes when the person chooses their path sometimes it's the wrong and and sometimes it's the right path. It also depends on the path that you decide to choose. But if the path decides to choose you then sometimes it's the one in hte same if you think about it. But the way I see it you can choose ethier path that is right for you. :D
Luna Lisa

Postby One Walker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 pm

The Walker chooses the Path.

One Walker. :mrgreen:
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
One Walker

Postby DaRkMoOn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:30 pm

In my opinion, the walker chooses the path. But if you are confused about it, then let the right path choose you. :)
DaRkMoOn

Postby RoseRidingHood » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:32 am

The walker may be lead to the path, but the walker must chose to be a walker and walk on the path.
"My soul
shattered with the strain
of trying to belong to earth—

What will you do,
when it is your turn in the field with the god?"
RoseRidingHood

Postby AutumnMaidens » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:21 pm

I do love philosophical quaeres...

Lets see, if we concider the mind and the spirit to be free and that free will is the dominant factor than it would seem obvious that we ourselves choose to walk the path. But if the spirit is truly free and in contact with the higher plane as most of us believe it is, couldn't it be plausible that perchance subconciously we have felt the pull of the path and were drawn to walk it? Of course even if this was in fact so it would still be up to the concious mind the make the decision.

I can imagine that the path might speak to a more subconcious part of our psyche, that part that longs to reconnect with mother earth, but it might be the same voice that would all for our attention whenever we touch upon any chance of balance.
I cannot imagine the great mother would have to call me though, because that might lead to the idea that we were lost and in need of saving, which is not the case. To me she is the great mother so I cannot imagine a mother looking at her child as if this child was lost to something wrong, she gave us the tools to be a good person and if we choose to ignore those tools than yes perhaps we are lost, but would she call us? Would she need to be worshipped like the envious image of the christian god, whom, when faced with herritics will strike down as quickly as he would give blessing.

Or perhaps she has been calling but has 'always' been calling, perhaps every face of beauty on the earth, is her way of blessing us and telling us she is still here. In that way she is not calling us in the way that a parent would to scold us, but as a parent trying to comfort his/her child.

Just my two cents, sorry for stretching the page,
Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
AutumnMaidens

Return to Life, Death, and Love