*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

communicating with a goddess: what next?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.

communicating with a goddess: what next?

Postby lilac » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:57 pm

after years of admittedly flippant use of craft, this spring i finally got down and serious about my work and bettering myself with it. i was throwing myself into magic and expanding my understanding, not putting much mind into any religious aspect, just exploring my work and myself. after a few months, i began feeling a stronger pull i couldn't define. curious, i did a tarot reading in an attempt to contact whoever or whatever might want to talk to me, asking questions like "who are you?", "what do you rule over?", and "what can we do for each other?" in it, i got almost entirely love-related cards. young love, passionate mania, even the lovers card itself.

i spent the night researching, reading up on love goddesses for hours. i looked at ishtar, astarte, and aphrodite -- i know many worship her as three deities, but to me she is the changing face of one woman. the next day in class, we dove into artworks about her for hours despite it not being in the syllabus, going as far as dissecting literature she's included in. my friend bought me a card that happened to have a rose, a swan, and a dove on it and i later found a bee stuck in my dorm despite being on the fourth floor with no holes in my screen and no way in but my door. it let me feed it sugar water and carry it all the way out. that night, i prayed to her and introduced myself, making a simple offering. the next day, i came into a large sum of money where i'd expected to suffer a great loss.

needless to say, i feel like i'm being LOUDLY called to follow her, or at least keep this line of communication open. i'm really new to this, and i was wondering what more i can do to further this relationship and hopefully work with her more closely?
lilac

Re: communicating with a goddess: what next?

Postby SnowCat » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Listen. Ask her what she would like out of the relationship. Just talk to her, like you would to a friend.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby corvidus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:51 am

Gods and goddesses will sometimes make themselves known in dreams. It might be a good idea to start a dream journal and do some dream-magick, like asking for whoever is trying to communicate with you to make themselves known in your dreams, and then make a dream-pillow or something similar.

I’ve done this before and it can be quite helpful at clearing away confusion.
corvidus
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:52 am

Put yourself in sympathy with the energy by keeping symbols of what ever you relate to in your meditation space, ie. use the most relevant one of those cards as a center piece with a candle &'incense (inner light & wisdom) on either side. Dedicate a piece of jewelry you frequently wear to this relationship to remind you throughout the day of the many levels of love we know i.e. spiritual, fraternal, familial, physical etc., &'their presence in your current daily life experiences. Journal about your ruminations. Think about the old WC adage "perfect love, perfect trust".
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to Gods/Goddesses