*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Cleansing and Charging, what's your favourite way?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Cleansing and Charging, what's your favourite way?

Postby [Enlightenment] » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:03 pm

What's your favourite way to Cleanse and Charge your tools? I have recently bought a new Athame and did a nice little Cleansing and Charging ritual outside, I left the blade of my new Athame in the ground over night. I have many ways, different for most of my tools. What about you?

Kristy
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
[Enlightenment]

Postby [DarkWoman] » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:12 pm

I use salt water and sage for cleansing myself, although with my tarot cards and other things that I shouldn't wet, I use sage and visualization. For my crystals, I use salt water, sage, and the outdoor air as well as moonlight. Crystals are like people...to me anyways. Mine feel unhappy when indoors all the time. 3 nights under the moon charges them up like newborn crystals, lol.

I just hold my hands over whatever I want to charge, visualize what I am charging the tool for, and sort of push that energy into it. I don't do formal rituals unless it is for the house or altar...I've aquired many tools over the past few years and I try not to buy anything other than books unless I have an intense desire for it.
DarkWoman
All healing takes place in the dark.
[DarkWoman]

Postby [Enlightenment] » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:38 pm

Visualisation plays a big part in the Cleansing of my tools also, I visualize all of the negative energy as thick grey/black smoke that begins to drift away from the certain item, once I feel the item is cleared of the negative energy it's then ready to use.
With my Crystals I bury them in a tub of Sea Salt for a couple of days and to Charge them I use both Sun and Moon.

Thanks for sharing hun :D
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
[Enlightenment]

Postby Hera#76 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:59 am

Usually burn sage and pass the items through its smoke or I use a pre-prepared cleansing ritual incense, which also contains some sage.
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!
Hera#76

Re: Cleansing and Charging, what's your favourite way?

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

I'd salt-water spritzed, dried & initially charged my athame by sleeping with it sheathed, under my pillow for a month. Then consecrated & magnetized it with my energy. I did the same with my home-made wand. It feels natural to use the wand for full moon circles rather than the athame. I think it's because the energy flows both ways with a wand.
. My crystal ball goes under full moon light once a year & polished often with a chamois cloth.
. The cauldron gets washed in regular use with dishes. I don't think I've ever "charged" it.
. I place any over worked stones on the ground under a lilac bush in my yard for a few days.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Cleansing and Charging, what's your favourite way?

Postby RavenClaw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Some years ago, I dowsed and found a couple of ley lines that met forming a clockwise energy vortex near the house. I've placed quite a few items in it for cleansing and charging. When they're finished, the items may or may not be programmed depending what I want to use them for.

A couple of months ago, a cousin gave me some magical related items which I cleansed and charged. One of those items, as near as I can tell, is a disc used for cleansing and charging small items. Depending on what the item is made of, depends how fast the disc will cleanse and charge it.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
RavenClaw

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick